Charitable Organizations

Bill97

I have some English speaking people who want to do charity work in CM and I would like names of charitable organizations and contact information for them to choose from. I recall that someone posted some information but my searches didn't find it.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

There are several websites with partial lists of charitable organizations in the city(you can easily find them with a quick google search). However; there are literally HUNDREDS of foundations in Chiang Mai. If you can give more specific details of what KIND of charity work they're interested in, people may be able to provide more specific info. I am in contact with a good amount... but it would be much easier if you defined what kind of charities you're looking for.

ie...

Do you want religious or non-religious organizations?

Do you want ones that focuses on children? hilltribes? HIV/AIDS? education? refugees? economic development?, etc

Do you want a local charity or an international charity? (ie Thai run or one that functions in English)

Edited by earlofwindermere

Thanks Earl. Non-religious and one that can use volunteers who speak only English would be best. If a Thai run one can use an English only speaker, that would be fine. No restrictions on focus. I will do the Google search again, previously I only searched the forum.