Etihad Airlines

nonthaburial

Having to make an emergency trip back to UK tomorrow, only flight available was with Etihad.

Last time I flew with a Middle East Airline to the UK was with Qatar a year or so ago. and that was a nightmare. So any feed back on Etihad would be appreciated. Alo any ideas of the duty free costs in Abu Dhabi would be appreciated as Bangkok and London are a rip off.

I flew Etihad last March and they were fine with a very quick turn around time, good entertainment and top class food. No time for duty free shopping but I had nothing to buy anyway. Cigarettes cheap I presume but you can get those in Bangkok. Cheap as well.

I'd use them again to London if their price was significantly less than a direct flight.

Hi,

I've flown with Etihad BKK-Manchester twice and I thought they were great. I haven't flown with Qatar so I can't compare but I would say they are as good as, if not better than Emirates, but cheaper. Both times the planes appeared to be new, clean and the service was good.

Abu Dhabi is a small airport and I didn't buy any duty free, so I can't help you there. My connection was within 2 hours which was good as I don't think it would be much fun for any longer.

I'm flying back with Etihad again. No problems at all.

Kate

When you land in the sandpit you are on this sort of 50p piece shape terminal with everything at the centre and the 7 (or so) branches off it. You walk down one branch and up another (about 100m) and you're at the next gate. Really easy. The diameter of the inner departure area was less than 100m I think. There is free internet (about 12 terminals) and some shops downstairs but I never had time to go there (or wanted to really).

Can't remember configuration but it might be on their website. I got the inner isle and had 2 seats. It might be 3*3*3 I'm not sure.

Do you mind posting how much you paid for your ticket and where you got it ?

Flown Ethiad and Qatar both twice from Manchester, these involve a slight stopover in theire respective ports.

Both airlines are A+ quality food, comfort and onboard entertainment

Be prepared to be bored for the stopover, we never buy anything and the no-smoking policy doesnt exist in these ports - so if you have asthma like me come prepared.

That said, i'll be traveliing down to Heathrow next Sunday as I trial Eva airlines direct. 11 hours with EVA opposed to 16+ with the above two.

I agree with all thats been said, just hope you dont have a long lay over at Abu, its small, crowded, nowhere to sit if its even slightly busy and those in the white robes feel they have more right to every part of it than you. Having said that I would use them again and pray for no conex delays :o

I have flow Etihad several times and they are fine - in fact as others have said really quite good.

Abu Dhabi is a small airport buthe duty free cigarettes and drink is excellent - cheaper than BKK but beware I have seen many people unfold a holdall in the duty free - fill it with cigarettes only to be stopped at UK customs - someone told me they video the shop at Abu Dhabi and forward tape to UK before you land so they are simply waiting for you to walk through!

etihad airlines are fine - not too keen on abu dhabi airport though.

flew with them last month. on the stopover the ground staff kept passengers in the tiny waiting area until everyone went through the security check - problem being the waiting area had no toilet and was far too small for the amount of passengers boarding the flight.

Have flown many times with Ethiad as well as EVA always found both airlines excellant, with great service and first class food...(always think Ethiad has the edge here)

Agree with other comments about stop overs at Abu Dhabi otherwise no concerns.

Edited by Tafia

From Music travel in Pattaya on line and paid by ATM - Great service by Guy the owner/operator

With all taxes it came to about 41K Baht but as bookings were tight ( maybe because of CNY) the price is reasonable

I also booked Ethihad with Music Travel, 30k Baht, but booked well in advance.

I flew with them last time and they were good.

Etihad is good Abu Dahbi ariport isn't as people are allowed to smoke inside!

Qatar airways: great food and service on the planes and all that but applaling and shocking service on the ground. It took me 5 hours of calling in order to get my return flight reconfirmed. they just wouldn't answer the phones. And when I finally got through the arrogant qatar booking agent said "you should feel lucky I answered your call because I was in the middle of a conversation with my boss and I cut him off just to answer your calll" - truly amazing.

Etihad: Yes!

Qatar: Never again. They can go and F off :o