Aranya Prathet 30 Day Voa Problems? Any Reports?

I have about 3 years of tourist visas and a non B in my passport, haven't had to use the 30 day VOA until now. Have been reading about all the latest crackdowns. A friend of mine with a Non Immigrant Ed recently went to Aranya Prathet for re-entry...he said there is now a sign up saying no VOA's issued here. Any truth to this at all? Any recent reports. I need to make a visa run and will be doing the 30 day thing, so just wondering if i will have any hassles...and any need for any kind of return ticket being asked for to get 30 days? I heard about a month ago they were asking, but you could buy a 150 baht bus ticket to Phnom Penh to satisfy this...

I have about 3 years of tourist visas and a non B in my passport, haven't had to use the 30 day VOA until now. Have been reading about all the latest crackdowns. A friend of mine with a Non Immigrant Ed recently went to Aranya Prathet for re-entry...he said there is now a sign up saying no VOA's issued here. Any truth to this at all? Any recent reports. I need to make a visa run and will be doing the 30 day thing, so just wondering if i will have any hassles...and any need for any kind of return ticket being asked for to get 30 days? I heard about a month ago they were asking, but you could buy a 150 baht bus ticket to Phnom Penh to satisfy this...

I think you are confused about the terminology.

Visa Exempt Enry = Enter Thailand for up to 30 days without a visa, limited to 90 days in 6 months. Offered to citizens of most western countries.

Visa on Arrival = Visa that is applied for at the border. Fill out form, and you actually get a visa put in your passport. Only offered to a limited number of countries. Usually only for 15 days. Most ciizens of western countries cannot do this.

It could be that they no longer process the visa on arrivals at this checkpoint, but they should still do the 30 visa exempt entries.

Edited by jstumbo