New Cabinet Appointed

george

New approach to Burma, says Noppadon

Thailand has no choice but to put national economic interests before human rights concerns in dealing with Burma, Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said yesterday. :o The Samak government would do whatever it takes to turn the economy around as quickly as possible. "In the past, we had constructive engagement and flexible engagement, but they never took us anywhere. Now, we will adopt another approach, neighbour engagement. We will talk to them in a friendly manner on subjects that they are comfortable with,'' said Noppadon.

The Financial Times reprts 23rd February that the UN's envoy "Mr Gambari applauded Burma's neighbours for increasing pressure on the junta to democratise the country, but urged them to do more. Even at this late stage, south-east Asian nations, China and India should be sending the right signals" he said.

Clearly Nopadope failed to get the message from the UN.

Noppadon said he feels sorry for Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi, but was not able to help her. :D "I'll steer Thailand's foreign policy in a way that will benefit its people and businesses and protect the country's interests.

Why let human rights get in the way, of making money, appears to be the new/old policy from the PPP-led coalition-government, sadly.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commerce Minister back to work next week

BANGKOK - Thai deputy prime minister and commerce minister Mingkwan Saengsuwan said he was ready to work next week after he collapsed while speaking at a seminar and was admitted to hospital on Monday.

“I’m sorry for causing worries. On Monday I’d fever and didn’t have breakfast and slept late. Today, I’m fine and will start working tomorrow. I will give policies to other ministers. I have had a check-up and everything is normal,” Mingkwan told reporters on Sunday after casting his ballot in a senatorial election.

Mr. Mingkwan was discharged from hospital on February 26. He had collapsed while speaking at a seminar on the government's economic policies at a hotel in Bangkok the day before. He lost consciousness and fell from the podium, pulling it down on top of his body.

His doctors said flu, lack of sleep and stress had caused Mr. Mingkwan's collapse.

Meanwhile, public health minister Chaiya Sasomsap said he had assigned

medical teams from Rajavithi hospital to offer cabinet members check-ups before the Cabinet weekly meeting on Tuesday.

Some MPs might work too hard and forget to take care of their health. When they were in good health, they could work to solve the problems of the nation, Mr. Chaiya said.

- TNA

=================================================================

Missing breakfast??? According to Samak, that sort of behavior, had Mingkwan been a Southerner in Tak Bai, could have resulted in his death in the back of a truck.

BANGKOK - Thai deputy prime minister and commerce minister Mingkwan Saengsuwan said he was ready to work next week after he collapsed while speaking at a seminar and was admitted to hospital on Monday.

“I’m sorry for causing worries. On Monday I’d fever and didn’t have breakfast and slept late. Today, I’m fine and will start working tomorrow. I will give policies to other ministers. I have had a check-up and everything is normal,” Mingkwan told reporters on Sunday after casting his ballot in a senatorial election.

Mr. Mingkwan was discharged from hospital on February 26. He had collapsed while speaking at a seminar on the government's economic policies at a hotel in Bangkok the day before. He lost consciousness and fell from the podium, pulling it down on top of his body.

His doctors said flu, lack of sleep and stress had caused Mr. Mingkwan's collapse.

medical teams from Rajavithi hospital to offer cabinet members check-ups before the Cabinet weekly meeting on Tuesday.

Some MPs might work too hard and forget to take care of their health. When they were in good health, they could work to solve the problems of the nation, Mr. Chaiya said.

- TNA

Missing breakfast??? According to Samak, that sort of behavior, had Mingkwan been a Southerner in Tak Bai, could have resulted in his death in the back of a truck.

Indeed, his condition was potentially much more serious than what many people had suspected....if they had known this then perhaps they would have not treated his condition in jest.

Chownah

- TNA

Indeed, his condition was potentially much more serious than what many people had suspected....if they had known this then perhaps they would have not treated his condition in jest.

Chownah

As previously stated, the "flu" was given as much seriousness as it deserved.

Chownah

Sorry, I don't understand; what is serious about a bit of a fainting spell probably brought on by a bit of stress and overwork preparing some bulls&*t presentation the night before?

He had a number of meetings with individual members of the press that he didn't come through for, if he isn't tough enough for the job, why not let someone who is do it?

I've got no sympathy for the guy; he is the wrong guy for the job, and he isn't even healthy enough to do the most basic job of showing up and staying on his feet. Stress is a part of everyday life as a politician.

Chownah

Sorry, I don't understand; what is serious about a bit of a fainting spell probably brought on by a bit of stress and overwork preparing some bulls&*t presentation the night before?

He had a number of meetings with individual members of the press that he didn't come through for, if he isn't tough enough for the job, why not let someone who is do it?

I've got no sympathy for the guy; he is the wrong guy for the job, and he isn't even healthy enough to do the most basic job of showing up and staying on his feet. Stress is a part of everyday life as a politician.

Sriracha john expressed his concern that Mingkwan might pass out in the back of a van and suffocate....so I was just trying to commiserate with him over Mingkwan's dangerous situation....sometimes if you read what I'm replying to I make more sense....sometimes not.

Chownah

- TNA

Chownah

As previously stated, the "flu" was given as much seriousness as it deserved.

Yes, I agree completely...but on the other hand I think that suffocating in the back of a truck is much more serious than the flu and I'm glad that you pointed that out. There are many hidden dangers in life.

Chownah

Sriracha john expressed his concern that Mingkwan might pass out in the back of a van and suffocate....so I was just trying to commiserate with him over Mingkwan's dangerous situation....sometimes if you read what I'm replying to I make more sense....sometimes not.

Chownah

so should we treat the deaths of the Southerners with equal importance, or can we laugh and joke about them, or should we just ignore as per our gracious leaders do as of now?

I'd guess most of you have no idea how huge the underground gambling business is. I know a number of people who have lost nearly everything because of the gambling dens extending credit. Maybe at least it will be somewhat regulated and put the crooks out of business. I say it's about time the government gets it's share.

Chownah

so should we treat the deaths of the Southerners with equal importance, or can we laugh and joke about them, or should we just ignore as per our gracious leaders do as of now?

I'm a bit confused about the "we" part of your question...you are asking what "we" should do. Personally I seldom joke about anyones illness or death....I say seldom because perhaps I had done this in the past and so I might do it again. If I joke about someone's illness or death in public I will accept a rebuke to that point without resisting....other people have their views on this and I leave it up to them to post as they wish....but they should remember that I have the right here in this public forum to reply to their posts in any way I see fit that does not break forum rules.....its that simple really...everyone just posts how they want so long as it doesn't break forum rules and there you have it.

More specifically....if I had some information or some viewpoint that I thought would stimulate discussion in a good way concerning the South...or someone's illness...then I would post it and try to do so with respect and a helpful attitude....if I see someone posting opinion and presenting it as fact I will point out my assessment and pursue it to whatever degree seems appropriate to me so long as it doesn't break forum rules.

Chownah

Time for the guffaw of the day from the New Cabinet... the announcement of the second "War On...."

Interior Minister to eradicate mafias nationwide

The Interior Minister, Pol. Capt. Chalerm Yubamrung, says problems relating to mafias and influential figures must be eliminated during this era.

Pol. Capt. Chalerm has received a complaint from a group of motorcycle taxi drivers as they have been exploited by certain mafia members.

He says resolute measures will be taken to wipe out the mafias and influential figures nationwide. He says the provincial governors will be responsible for dealing with this issue directly, and as for Bangkok, relevant units must not be passive.

The Interior Minister expressed confidence that concrete results should emerge, if all sides cooperated to address this problem seriously.

- ThaiNews

=================================================

Quite a historian, that Chalerm... with those same tactics, Capone's gang overtook the Chicago crime scene from all the other gangs, in the early 20th century.

Meanwhile, over at the Foreign Ministry...

Thai Foreign Minister to reopen Saudi gems scandal case

BANGKOK - Thailand hoped to restore the former warm relations enjoyed with Saudi Arabia by concluding the 1980s gems scandal case and other cases believed link to the saga, according to Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama.

Noppadon met Saudi charge d'affaires Nadil H. Ashri who made a courtesy call on him at the ministry.

The Foreign Minister later told reporters he affirmed Thailand wanted to normalise diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia with the aim of re-establishing the Saudi Arabia Embassy and again welcoming its ambassador to Thailand.

Noppadon added diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia could be restored after a conclusion of cases including the Saudi diamond theft and murder of four Saudi diplomats and the disappearance of one Saudi businessman in the 1980s.

Justice Minister Sompong Amornwiwat and acting director general of the Department of Special Investigation Pol. Col. Thawee Sodsong would be invited to coordinate the reopened investigation to resolve the cases and finding a solution which would satisfy Riyadh, he said.

The minister stressed that the government would seriously address the case and would find and punish the wrongdoers behind the cases.

The case dates to the late 1980s when Kriangkrai Techamong, a Thai worker employed in the palace of a Saudi prince, stole jewellery and other valuables from the Saudi royal family's palace and escaped with the cache of jewels to his Lampang home.

The Thai police retrieved some of the stolen items, but a number of the most valuable gems and jewellery pieces have not been recovered.

Moreover, when the recovered treasures were returned to Saudi Arabia, the main jewel, the "Blue Diamond", proved to have been replaced with an artificial stone.

While one Thai police general went to prison for his role in the affair, the overall case is still unresolved, including murders of several Saudi diplomats and the disappearance of a Saudi businessman, which resulted in Thailand's diplomatic relations with Saudi being downgraded to the charge d'affaires level.

The unresolved cases have hampered political, economic and trade relations between the two countries for 20 years.

There were 150,000-200,000 Thai workers in Saudi Arabia before the cases but now there are only 10,000 workers there, Noppadon said, adding that Thailand had lost 200 Billion Baht income as fewer Thai workers were allowed to go to Saudi Arabia.

- TNA

Thai Foreign Minister to reopen Saudi gems scandal case can of worms.

Watch this corrupt lawyer of a Foreign Minister used to defending scumbags, under a corrupt government with an even more corrupt police force f#$k this case up even further than it is already.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Thai Foreign Minister to reopen Saudi gems scandal case can of worms.

Watch this corrupt lawyer of a Foreign Minister used to defending scumbags, under a corrupt government with an even more corrupt police force f#$k this case up even further than it is already.

There is no way this government will do anything, as they are complicit in the crime; the Adireksan family (PPP/TRT and Pongpol is one of the banned 111 if I recall correctly) were head of police at the time, and general feeling is that this crime had to have connections all the way up to head of police and also head of the military i.e. idiotic Chavalit.

Additionally, there are enough photos of wives of the military/police and the same families we see in power now with the jewels in question, plus alledgedly a picture of one of a family we don't mention whose then celeb wife was also wearing one of the gems in question.

So..... better to continue to take the Chavalit approach of 'let's keep this case closed'.

After all, we only give up employment for 150,000 poor people from Isaan PLUS minimise tourism from Saudi to Thailand (who are on average about the highest spenders per day by miles these days). Why on earth would we want that money when we can instead give away free cows/run bankrupt healthcare schemes/build airports/ etc and line our pockets that way???!

Riyadh demands progress in murder, jewellery cases

Saudi Arabia yesterday demanded Thailand tackle unresolved cases involving the murder of its diplomats and also stolen jewellery as a condition for improving ties between the two countries. Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said after meeting with Saudi charge d'affaires Nabil Ashri to reaffirm the government's intention to normalise ties that the Saudi diplomat felt those two issues remained the obstacle to normalising relations between the two countries. The minister promised to settle the cases starting with a plan to hold talks with Justice Minister Sompong Amornwiwat and acting director-general of the Department of Special Investigation Tawee Sodsong in an attempt to move the cases forward. Four Saudi diplomats were shot and killed in 1989 and 1990, and businessman Mohammad al-Ruwaili went missing in 1990. Saudi Arabia has suspected that Thai police may have had a role. Items of jewellery items were also stolen by a Thai worker at a Saudi palace in 1989. Not all of them have been returned to the owner.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/06Mar2008_news14.php

======================================================================

There is no way this government will do anything, as they are complicit in the crime; the Adireksan family (PPP/TRT and Pongpol is one of the banned 111 if I recall correctly) were head of police at the time, and general feeling is that this crime had to have connections all the way up to head of police

btw, in response to above post, Pongpol Adireksan is TRT Banned #9. :o

Noppadope's agenda... :D

New approach to Burma, says Noppadon

Thailand has no choice but to put national economic interests before human rights concerns in dealing with Burma, Foreign Minister Noppadon Pattama said yesterday. :o The Samak government would do whatever it takes to turn the economy around as quickly as possible. "In the past, we had constructive engagement and flexible engagement, but they never took us anywhere. Now, we will adopt another approach, neighbour engagement. We will talk to them in a friendly manner on subjects that they are comfortable with,'' said Noppadon. Noppadon said he feels sorry for Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi, but was not able to help her. :D "I'll steer Thailand's foreign policy in a way that will benefit its people and businesses and protect the country's interests. He planned to transform Thai embassies into business centres :D, offering a one-stop service if possible. Team Thailand would be set up, comprising experts from various fields like commerce and labour, to give advice and promote investment abroad. To facilitate the effort, Noppadon planned to carry out a major reshuffle of diplomats. The Campaign Committee for Human Rights yesterday warned the government against making unfair transfers and said it had received reports that some high-ranking diplomats were potential targets for transfer by the new government. They included Kitti Wasinond, the Ambassador to Britain, who was said to have provided the CNS with in-depth information about the movements of the London-based supporters of Thaksin. Krit Garnjana-Goonchorn, the Thai Ambassador to the USA, is likely to be another target. When Mr Krit was Foreign Ministry Permanent Secretary under the Surayud government, he approved the withdrawal of Thaksin's diplomatic passport.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/26Feb2008_news12.php

Not wasting any time....

In another development, PM Samak and the Foreign Minister will pay an official visit to Burma's administrative capital Naypidaw on March 14 with cooperation on energy development, labour management, and anti-narcotics operations on the agenda, diplomatic sources said. The Thai delegation will meet top Burmese generals including Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council, Gen Than Shwe, and Prime Minister Gen Thein Sein. Thailand will reaffirm to its Burmese counterparts its interest in hydro-power investment and renew a commitment to the labour agreement which was signed in August 2006 but was later renegotiated during the coup-installed government, the sources said.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/06Mar2008_news14.php

Someone's cousin's husband in the Toilet Business just lined up a winner.....

Image53533.jpg

Yuranan Pharmornmontree

He was better when he just stuck to acting roles instead of doctoring and legislating...

Mega Revamp of School Toilets in the Pipeline

The Advisor to the Education Minister plans to revamp school toilets in Thailand as a solution to alleviate problems of urinary tract infection in Thai children. The plan will also promote a more hygienic habit among youngsters.

Advisor to the Education Minister Yuranan Pharmornmontree says plans are already underway for the government to overhaul school toilets across Thailand. This effort, in fact, will be included as part of the ministry’s proposed

mega-projects.

Various sources of funding will be used to finance this ‘mega-project’. These sources include the budget from the Office of the Basic Education Commission, the government’s central budget and donations made directly to the schools. But Deputy Prime Minister and Education Minister Somchai Wongsawat stresses any donations made to the schools will not have any bearing on the student admissions.

The scheme will ensure that there’s at least one toilet per 40 students. Vocational students will be responsible for designing and constructing the new toilets and refurbish the rundown facilities.

There are 32,288 schools throughout under the Office of Basic Education Commission. According to the ministry’s plan of 40:1 students per toilet ratio, the ministry will need to build almost 61 thousand more toilets or at least 15 thousand more restrooms.

The ministry has conducted a survey of school toilets and found that there is a major hygiene problem, mostly stemming from carelessness. Yuranan says a budget of 242 thousand baht is needed to build one restroom housing 4 toilets. :o*Holy Crap!* He says the ministry is currently coming up with a more accurate estimate of how many new restrooms they’ll need to build or how many old ones need to be refurbished.

The advisor to the Education Minister stresses the ministry is extremely concerned about students’ health. Yuranan says some students actually refuse to use the school toilets because of their appalling state of hygiene. This habit could then result in urinary tract infection.

As part of the toilet revamp scheme the schools will also encourage to coach students on proper toilet hygiene behaviors. Roster of students tasked with cleaning the school toilets should also be drawn up.

- Thailand Outlook

Time for the guffaw of the day from the New Cabinet... the announcement of the second "War On...."

The Interior Minister, Pol. Capt. Chalerm Yubamrung, says problems relating to mafias and influential figures must be eliminated during this era.

Pol. Capt. Chalerm has received a complaint from a group of motorcycle taxi drivers as they have been exploited by certain mafia members.

He says resolute measures will be taken to wipe out the mafias and influential figures nationwide. He says the provincial governors will be responsible for dealing with this issue directly, and as for Bangkok, relevant units must not be passive.

The Interior Minister expressed confidence that concrete results should emerge, if all sides cooperated to address this problem seriously.

- ThaiNews

Quite a historian, that Chalerm... with those same tactics, Capone's gang overtook the Chicago crime scene from all the other gangs, in the early 20th century.

Some wannabe godfather trying to muscle in on his Thonburi turf then? "Resolute measures" are needed to wipe them out immediately. Absolutely sickening, somebody taking advantage of the man whilst doing his bit for "democracy" by patiently yawning his way through another boring session of parliament. Get the butter wouldn't melt in their mouth boys down there straight away at the heads of these "relevant units".

The mind shudders at the marvels of this "democracy".

- ThaiNews

Some wannabe godfather trying to muscle in on his Thonburi turf then? "Resolute measures" are needed to wipe them out immediately. Absolutely sickening, somebody taking advantage of the man whilst doing his bit for "democracy" by patiently yawning his way through another boring session of parliament. Get the butter wouldn't melt in their mouth boys down there straight away at the heads of these "relevant units".

The mind shudders at the marvels of this "democracy".

Hold on to your hat..... imagine if Chalerm was made Prime Minister???

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1857289

Interior Minister says transferring DSI officials and helping Thaksin are different issues

The Interior Minister Pol. Capt. Chalerm Yubamrung, says the transfers of government officials under the Department of Special Investigations (DSI) and the legal cases relating to the deposed prime minister and former leader of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai Party, Thaksin Shinawatra, are two unrelated issues.

Recently, there have been rumors that the government has relocated a number of DSI officials in order to help Thaksin fight his cases. However, Chalerm has turned down the rumors, saying all the cases involving Thaksin have already been submitted to the Attorney-General before the transfers of DSI officials. He adds that not even the Justice Minister can help the ousted premier.

The Interior Minister says it would be impossible for the government to prevent Thaksin from appearing before the court, as many have criticized. He says those who have made such criticisms do not understand the process, or they may intend to create confusion among the public.

- ThaiNews

Bizarre happenings over at Public Health.... :o

Image677775.jpg

Secretary to the Deputy Public Health Minister Wan Yoobumrung in attendance at the pseudo press conference pep rally.

Public Health Minister's Press Conference Turns into Show of Support

Today the Public Health Minister announced an urgent press conference; however, when reporters showed up, expecting him to clarify his recent controversial transfers of high-ranking officials, they were met with a scene of a group of medical staff and government officers showing their support for the minister.

Representatives from community hospitals, the director of the Thai Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, and the acting director of Rajvithi Hospital gave flower bouquets to Public Health Minister Chaiya Sasomsab in a press conference this morning.

Chaiya informed the press early this morning that he would hold a press conference and many flocked there anticipating an explanation on the controversial transfers of high-ranking officials, believed to be because of the compulsory licensing of drugs. However, when they got there, there was no urgent issue other than the opinions of the representatives from local hospitals stating that Chaiya has dedicated himself to his work and the public should give him some time to prove himself.

Chaiya said he has no malicious intent in working as Public Health Minister and he will do his best in his post.

He compared himself to an oarsman, ready to direct the boat to development. :D :D :D

He also claimed that the removal of the Food and Drug Administration Secretary-General is under his authority as Public Health Minister and that the coffee aphrodisiac problem may be the reason for the transfer.

- Thailand Outlook

Shock of all horrors... the PPP has lied.... as the teetering coalition gets more unstable... and they're taking it all out on a man who was just at death's door... :o

Mingkwan attacked over party job allocation

The Matchima Thipataya Party's Banyin Tangpakorn yesterday cried foul over failing to get the Internal Trade Department assigned to him as Deputy Commerce Minister, saying the minister and his People Power Party had broken a promise.

Commerce Minister Mingkwan Sangsuwan on Wednesday signed an order putting Banyin in charge of the Intellectual Property and the Business Development Departments, while Mingkwan reserved for himself oversight of the Internal Trade Department.

The PPP had assured the Matchima Thipataya Party that the Internal Trade Department would be under its quota. The Department monitors and sets prices for daily necessities.

Banyin said he was a farmer and had retail businesses, so he was knowledgeable about domestic trade and suitable for the job.

He will ask Mingkwan for clarification on Monday, but will comply with the decision if it comes from negotiations between both parties, and not Mingkwan personally.

Mingkwan said Banyin should understand that there are two Deputy Ministers for the six main Departments in his ministry.

He said Banyin could help take care of the department if he wanted to, but declined to say if he would revise work responsibilities.

- The Nation

======================================================================

one would pre-suppose that there is more money to be had in the Internal Trade Dept. than in the Intellectual Property and the Business Development Dept.?

yeah, how about those pre-government coalition party promises??? :o

Government accused of breaking promises

DSI transfers seen as settling scores

The Campaign for Popular Democracy (CPD) has accused the government of reneging on election promises not to take political reprisals by transferring state officials seen as their opponents. Secretary-General Suriyasai Katasila said it was evident the government's recent transfers of senior officials were aimed at settling old scores with political opponents and officials given the job of investigating politicians now in power. Suriyasai said the CPD wanted to ask the five coalition parties, particularly the ones which had set conditions for joining the PPP-led government, about their stand regarding the transfers. The Chart Thai and Puea Pandin parties had put forward five conditions before agreeing to join the coalition government. The five conditions are reverence for the monarchy, respect for Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda, no reprisals against political opponents, no interference in the judicial process against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and no meddling with the work of the Assets Scrutiny Committee (ASC).

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.net/News/10Mar2008_news10.php

Shock of all horrors... the PPP has lied.... as the teetering coalition gets more unstable... and they're taking it all out on a man who was just at death's door... :o

"Teetering".....is the coalition "teetering"......is that "teetering" as in on the verge of collapse?....are you with Tony Clifton on this one (I think it's Tony Clifton who keeps saying April) and think that the coalition gov't can't last through April?

Chownah

Prime Minister

Samak Sundaravej (CW), also Defence Minister

Deputy Prime Minister

Somchai Wongsawat (RP), also Education Minister

Mingkwan Saengsuwan, also Commerce Minister

Dr Surapong Suebwonglee (CW), also Finance Minister

Suwit Khunkitti (NB), also Industry Minister

Sahas Banditkul (SA)

Sanan Kachornprasart (PB)

PM's Office Minister

Chakrapob Penkair (CW) (NR), also government spokesman

Deputy Finance Ministers

Pradit Pataraprasit (NRO)

Ranongrak Suwanchawee (RP)

Foreign Minister

Noppadon Patama (NR)

Tourism and Sport Minister

Weerasak Kohsurat

Social Development and Human Security

Sutha Chansaeng (NRO)

Agriculture Minister

Somsak Prissananantakul

Deputy Agriculture Ministers

Sompat Kaewpijit

Theerachai Saenkaew (NB)

Transportation Minister

Santi Prompat (NR)

Deputy Transportation Ministers

Songsak Thongsri (NB)

Anurak Jureemart (CW) (NB)

Natural Resources and Environment Minister

Anongwan Thepsutin (RP)

Information, Communication and Technology Minister

Mun Pattanothai

Deputy Commerce Minister

Wiroon Techapaiboon

Banyin Tangpaporn (NB)

Energy Minister

Poonpirom Liptapanlop (RP)

Interior Minister

Chalerm Yoobamrung (VD)

Deputy Interior Ministers

Supon Fongngam (NB)

Sithichai Kohsurat (FV)

-- The Nation 2008-02-06

News Legend

CW : Crime-Watch (with ongoing criminal litagation)

RP : Related Proxy (by blood or marriage to a banned politico)

NR : Not Related (a close Thaksin associate that isn't RP)

NRO : Not Related Other (a close associate of Thaksin's inner circle, eg. Newin, Sudarat)

NB : Not Banned (a TRT'er who bailed out before the banning date)

PB : Previously Banned (completed their banning period)

FV : Forgery Victim (accused PPP of forging his signature on party membership list)

SA : Samak Aide (self-explanatory)

VD : Very Dodgy (doesn't fall into any of above categories, but nevertheless is...)

=======================================

Cabinet Ministers NOT Listed Above

Deputy Health Minister

Chaovarat Chanweerakul (RP)

Science Minister

Wutthipong Chaisang (RP)

Deputy Education Minister

Pongsakorn Annopporn (NB)

PM's Office Minister (in addition to the previously listed PM's Office Minister)

Choosak Sirinin (NR)

Justice Minister

Sompong Amornwiwat (NB)

Labor Minister

Uraiwan Thienthong (CW)

As per...

Three incumbent Cabinet members were involved in the 2003 lottery decision and face trial: Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee, Labour Minister Uraiwan Thienthong and Deputy Transport Minister Anurak Jureemas.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1863129

....the roster above has been updated with new changes made in blue.

Government accused of breaking promises (headline Bangkok Post)

"..............

The Campaign for Popular Democracy (CPD) has accused the government of reneging on election promises............."

............"

Just so everyone knows.....this is the same CPD which joined with and worked with PAD two years ago...so...no surprises that they would make these accusations....I think this is a sign of the PAD testing the waters to see how agitation will be received both by the gov't and by prospective supporters. The CPD is on its own not that important of an organisation so by using it "on point" does not risk the credibility of PAD overall.

Chownah

Edited by chownah