Samui -- Nickname And Slogan Contest

What would be the best ONE WORD NICKNAME for Koh Samui, and what would be the BEST SHORT PHRASE to use as a slogan for the island?

Mr. Lamai inadvertantly gave the kernal for a slogan:

"Samui -- Never a dull moment, but utterly pointless"

My one word nickname? "Sodden Samui."

Oh, and the prizes thing was a bait-and-switch...hehe...

Samui - All you want & more....

Sorry, forgot to ask, when can I pick up my prize and where ? :o

8,000 THB For a Return Airfare ticket

700 THB For a 3 Km Taxi drive

500 THB for a crappy Thai meal

Watching your friend paying 20,000 THB because a Thai drove into Him - Priceless

For everything else there is Mastercard *

* Please note, Mastercard only accepted in 5 outlets in Samui, with a 97% service charge if you use it...........

What would be the best ONE WORD NICKNAME for Koh Samui, and what would be the BEST SHORT PHRASE to use as a slogan for the island?

Mr. Lamai inadvertantly gave the kernal for a slogan:

"Samui -- Never a dull moment, but utterly pointless"

My one word nickname? "Sodden Samui."

Oh, and the prizes thing was a bait-and-switch...hehe...

"No money, no honey"? :o

As I read the comments it appears that the majority of the posters don't like Samui! Than why do you stay?

Yes Samui is changing, as is the rest of the world. It appears that people who are not satisfied could leave and no one would miss them.

Tourists who come to Samui enjoy their stay and with a few exceptions return. I have heard nothing but good told about Our Home, both from tourists and those that have been here and at gathering in Europe and the U.S.. Yes they have complaints and things they didn't like, but we all do wherever we go.

Yes many things need improving as they do every where, very few Farangs participate in projects that help improver Samui, if you live here or BENEFIT from Samui get involved and get a positive attitude, we need more positive thinking, less bitching. How can I help make changes for the better, frustrating at times, yes but when you see positive results it feels good that you helped make it happen. Most of the time there is no recognition, but you know and that is what counts, you gave something back!

The old saying (modified) "Samui Love it or Leave it"

you people that say all the negative shit about samui make me laugh. what losers you must be to sit here on the internet and spend your time reading forums about a place you hate....what a pathetic life you lead.

i am off now to find a forum on the internet somewhere about broccoli, so i can tell everyone on there how much i hate it.....

losers man. the worst kind....

you people that say all the negative shit about samui make me laugh. what losers you must be to sit here on the internet and spend your time reading forums about a place you hate....what a pathetic life you lead.

i am off now to find a forum on the internet somewhere about broccoli, so i can tell everyone on there how much i hate it.....

losers man. the worst kind....

Well done !

Agreed : 100%

Funny; those people are possibly the same who complains about their business because there are less tourist after !!

.....Such a bad immage for a guest forum who is looking information's about Samui....

SAMUI PARADISE FOR WHO KNOWS THE PARADISE MEANING

Edited by Geppis72

As I read the comments it appears that the majority of the posters don't like Samui! Than why do you stay?

Yes Samui is changing, as is the rest of the world. It appears that people who are not satisfied could leave and no one would miss them.

Tourists who come to Samui enjoy their stay and with a few exceptions return. I have heard nothing but good told about Our Home, both from tourists and those that have been here and at gathering in Europe and the U.S.. Yes they have complaints and things they didn't like, but we all do wherever we go.

Yes many things need improving as they do every where, very few Farangs participate in projects that help improver Samui, if you live here or BENEFIT from Samui get involved and get a positive attitude, we need more positive thinking, less bitching. How can I help make changes for the better, frustrating at times, yes but when you see positive results it feels good that you helped make it happen. Most of the time there is no recognition, but you know and that is what counts, you gave something back!

The old saying (modified) "Samui Love it or Leave it"

Have you tried to live om Samui for a longer period than 14 days of holyday. Those people who makes complain about this and that have surely tried to make improvments in their daily life here. From the landlords and all the way up to the lokal goverment. And what do you think happens. Absolutly NOTHING.

Thais belive in only themselvs, and farangs shall not come to Thailand an tell them what to do. They just laugh at you, and think the same as people like you; if you don`t like it here, go home. But that is too simple. People have maybe built up their homes, famlies, buisiness, friendship and society here. If you in your hometown dont like some peoples behaving, do you tell you selv to mowe to another place. Hardly.

I belive those people who make complains about Samui really love the island, and also see the potensial of what it really could be. Namely a paradise.

As with any marketing ,one has to address different markets.

for the tourist

Samui- where fantsies come true!! or Samui - its time you had fun or Samui - smiling lifestyle.

For the realestate developers

Samui - Dream on!! or Samui - opening soon

For some TV members

Samui- beach all you like... :o