Wifi Provider

hi, with a couple of WiFi provider on tha island it would be interesting to have sono real use info.

My hotel has a contract with Cyberpoint, WiFi connections capped at 500/200 kbps, speed is close to the official rate, but latency to europe is bad due to international connections through Los Angeles. Reliability medium, down if rain, sometimes no authentications for 1 or 2 hours. Price is ok (1500 flat monthly) but overall not a very good provider.

anybody using samuiwifi?

Ehhh. get your sunglasses off. :o

The normal rate for ADSL line (1025/512) is around 1000 baht/month.

No nasty comments... but you have "samuied ripped-off).

PM me, and and can fix your private WiFi.

Well 1000 baht is expensive, at home I could pay 19E for a 4meg :-) but i got fiber (10/10meg) for 35E..... :D

Ok, joke apart how can you install an ADSL line on a hotel with no phone cable on the room and for a person that at max will stay 2 month?

At 1500 baht if the WiFi connection will be stable it is ok.

Unfortunately Cyberpoint is cabling a lot of hotels.....and when the Wifi goes down who knows if it is an ADSL problem anyway?

Try moving to a hotel with free WiFi

They are somewhat rare.....expecially since Cyberpoint is cabling them for free and sharing the revenue with them....

a win/win situation, excluding the guest and the poor reliability, on the last 2 hours I've lost the line 3 times....

In Lamai i can only name one, Vanta, but the room are well paid....

Rare, but not extinct. My resort, between Hin Ta Hin Yai and Hua Thanon offers Free WiFi to guests. We're connected to TOT Adsl and never have connection problems.

Have a look at www.samui-reefview.com Cheers.

Ehhh. get your sunglasses off. :D

The normal rate for ADSL line (1025/512) is around 1000 baht/month.

No nasty comments... but you have "samuied ripped-off).

Gee i's just realized i've been ripped also by my 2 preferred restaurant, they've increased the prices 10% just last week, 10b for beer and 20b for a pizza, more or less what they did the last year....

And after a quick check also my hotel (and the other ones too) have increased all season room rates in december by 10/15%....

If just they would use the 0,000000001% of what they get to clean the beach from bottles, parts of bottles, etc....

Maybe the taxi driver in a couple of years will became the only onest and cheap stuff in Samui :o