Vietnam Visa

Hi,

I am going to Vietnam in early March and I have seen, on the internet, agencies who can arrange for visa on arrival at Vietnamese Airports. Has anyone used one of these? I just worried if I do use one of these, they don't really exist. I don't have time to apply for visa here in the UK as it takes 2 weeks and I leave for Thailand in one week, and I don't really want to travel all the way down to Bangkok to get a visa there.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Edited by Billfo

Hi,

You don't say where you are going to in Thailand but you state "I don't really want to travel all the way down to Bangkok to get a visa there" so I am assuming you will be in the north. Here in Khon Kaen we have a Vietnamese consulate and I enclose a link to an earlier thread on TV that may be of use to you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80689

Hi,

You don't say where you are going to in Thailand but you state "I don't really want to travel all the way down to Bangkok to get a visa there" so I am assuming you will be in the north. Here in Khon Kaen we have a Vietnamese consulate and I enclose a link to an earlier thread on TV that may be of use to you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80689

Hi,

Apologies, yeah I'll be in Chiang Mai, as far as I know CM doesn't have a Vietnamese Consulate, hopefully I'm wrong though! So thats why I'm considering using one of these agenices, but I'm a bit cautious. Here is just one of the agencies who offer the 'visa on arrival' http://www.welcometovietnam.net/vietnam-visa/

Hi,

I am going to Vietnam in early March and I have seen, on the internet, agencies who can arrange for visa on arrival at Vietnamese Airports. Has anyone used one of these? I just worried if I do use one of these, they don't really exist. I don't have time to apply for visa here in the UK as it takes 2 weeks and I leave for Thailand in one week, and I don't really want to travel all the way down to Bangkok to get a visa there.

Cheers.

Yes these exists. Internet visa services can get them in the US, so I assume they can get them in the UK also. You will get a letter from them which you use when you arrive at the airport in Vietnam to get your visa on arrival.

The last time I flew there theguy beside me had arrange visa on arrival online.

Elong.com might do it. I cannot remember the website he used.

Once you are in vietnam do not use agents, just go your self. $50 for 6 months when I did it.

If you use an agent they will either overcharge you from the begining like 250$$ or offer low price take your passport get the visa and then jack the price saying no money no pasport....in this case call your embassy they will have a chat with the police and that asshol_e finds himself in more trouble than it si worth. been there done that...the embassy advised me just to to the police station and do it yourself, cheaper and faster and less BS.

For your first visa you are paying for a preapproval of somekind I forget the details but it is simple and should not cost more than $35.

good luck and feel free to pm me if you get stuck

Hi,

Cheers.

Hi,

Cheers.

Yes these exists. Internet visa services can get them in the US, so I assume they can get them in the UK also. You will get a letter from them which you use when you arrive at the airport in Vietnam to get your visa on arrival.

It does not matter where you are it is simliar to an invitation letter for China. Origin is not tooo important unless your gov has pissed the locals off.