Different Karmic Spin?

Pepe'

Looks like I've broken up with my current flame.

There are several others waiting in the wings.

Although I prefer one woman. Is it morally wrong according to Buddhism to "date." :D

One of the 5 basic precepts state

1. DO NOT KILL

2. DO NOT STEAL

3. DO NOT ENGAGE IN SEXUAL MISCONDUCT

4. DO NOT LIE

5. DO NOT USE INTOXICANTS

But I think you knew that Huh ? :o Do you know what the other 10 precepts are?

It does not matter what we think it's what and how you think. :D

Maybe instead of starting these threads, the OP should ask how Buddhist practice can help him overcome what he clearly sees as misconduct himself.

Good point. If what you were doing wasn't making you uneasy you wouldn't be asking these questions, if it makes you uneasy then it's going to hamper or stop your spiritual progress, so in that sense it's misconduct for you.

Better to examine yourself and your motivations and learn what is and isn't important to you, this way you can use it to make progress.

I don't think using this forum as a confessional is going to give you what you want.

The Buddhist attitude to sex can be summarized like this:

"In the case of the lay man and woman where there is mutual consent, where adultery is not involved and where the sexual act is an expression of love, respect, loyalty and warmth, it would not be breaking the third Precept. And it is the same when the two people are of the same gender. Likewise promiscuity, license and the disregard for the feelings of others would make a sexual act unskillful whether it be heterosexual or homosexual."

From Buddhanet.

I would like to thank all of you for your input.

Of course I have my own ideas on this situation but am not entirely clear.

The wise cracks, sincerity and speculation are all appreciated.

Believe me I'm not looking for absolution just clarity from those that are educated and objective...

I feel this area of TV would be a safe place to do that... :o

"I feel this area of TV would be a safe place to do that."

It is, I just thought you got carried away a little bit, first "cheating gf" thread, now this.

These questions were addressed here not long time ago, the replies were enlightening for everyone, I guess.

"I feel this area of TV would be a safe place to do that."

It is, I just thought you got carried away a little bit, first "cheating gf" thread, now this.

These questions were addressed here not long time ago, the replies were enlightening for everyone, I guess.

---------------------

No that was a cheating Thai wife... :o