Visa Requirement To Sell Motor Bike ?

ozzydom

Hi

Nothing, just sell it, had cars and bikes on 30 days on arrival, no problems if the paperwork is OK

I thought they may have brought in some new requirements, I have bought and sold five big bikes here in the last few years but I have never had the run around I have had this time.

I sold my Honda CBR 1000 to a bloke in Pattaya, sent all the paperwork inc green book ,visa copy,copy of my yellow Tabian Bahn book ,even checked with Transport Dept at Udon and they said ,yes, thats all I needed.

But No ,not Pattaya, they wanted a Residency Certificate as they dont recognise my Tabian Bahn Book as proof of residency.

So off to Nong Khai Immigration we go, the Sgt Major would not give me a certificate until my wife brought in proof that she had registered my residence with Immigration in Bangkok,to which I said I had been doing my 3 month check-in with him for 3 years so he knew me, all I got for that was the view of his back as he walked away saying ,come back with proof or 2000 baht.

So off we go to Mukdahan Immigration office to get a Certificate, where the boss saw my yellow book and said you dont need Certificate,you have book, so I explained about Pattaya Transport Office refusing it ,her reply "some people stupid".

Anyway I send off the certificate , and now they say ,no good ,my visa had run out the day before the bloke took the new certificate in, in fact I have a Non Imm O current till Sept 2008 and I was in Cambodia for a break to coincide with doing my new 90 on the way back.

Previously I had bought an Africa Twin from a Canadian who had not been here for 4 years, all I needed was the book (signed )and his particulars and signature on the transfer form, plus my paperwork of course.

They can make life miserable when they want to... :o

HI

Yes they can make it a hel_l, i know first hand, thats why i use a company to do all the paperwork.

Looks like I will be reduced to a Spark 135 RR for my next (and probably last) ride ,advancing years and Karpell Tunnel in the wrists plus vertigo at about 150kph mean my big bike days are nigh over.

Maybe I could look at one of those big armchairs all the oldies seem to end up on ,I think they call them Hogs. :o

cheers

ozzy

HI

Yes they can make it a hel_l, i know first hand, thats why i use a company to do all the paperwork.

Looks like I will be reduced to a Spark 135 RR for my next (and probably last) ride ,advancing years and Karpell Tunnel in the wrists plus vertigo at about 150kph mean my big bike days are nigh over.

Maybe I could look at one of those big armchairs all the oldies seem to end up on ,I think they call them Hogs. :o

cheers

ozzy

Took you long enough to get here. Now enjoy the "armchair" and relax.

HI

Maybe I could look at one of those big armchairs all the oldies seem to end up on ,I think they call them Hogs. :D

cheers

ozzy

Hi

About time you grow up, but be careful people will go at you in here and out there :o:D