Kl One Year Visa

Why did you get the multi-entry visa?

You should have got the single entry and then extended it.

You can get a re-entry permit if you need to travel overseas

If you leave the country and return using your multi-entry visa you will invalidate your work permit.

See this thread for details

Astral.

Some business and even schools for whatever reason (lack of capital, not paying the minimum wage, not certified by the MoE etc., don't hold a degree) can get their employees work permits BUT CANNOT (because of said above reasons) get the Visa extension from Immigration so they have to do runs every 90 days, this is probably the case with Thaigerd (I assume!).

Edited by kenkannif

Why did you get the multi-entry visa?

You should have got the single entry and then extended it.

You can get a re-entry permit if you need to travel overseas

If you leave the country and return using your multi-entry visa you will invalidate your work permit.

See this thread for details

Astral,

in the past it was possible to use multiple or double entry Non-Imm-B visas with the same WP. My WP was approved for one year but validated only to the date of the entry stamp.

Before leaving Thailand on a visa run I went to Labour department, they stamped the WP "pending Passport" sometimes just in handwriting "PP".

after returning Labour validated the WP again up to the latest entry stamp.

opalhort

I know a fair few teachers and business owners that have WPs but still have to do runs? Am I wrong as well (or are you talking about something else?)?

Visa runs on the same WP are possible as long as you apply for WP renewal BEFORE departure from Thailand!

You'll get a 'pending passport' entry in your WP.

Once you return with a new entry stamp the WP will be extended to match your new entry stamp.

opalhort