Tourist Visa Question

hello,

i'm coming to thailand on a single entry tourist visa.

thai ambassy here in belgium diden't want to give me a dubbel entry tourist visa.

i believe i can stay with the single entry for 20 day's and then get a stamp in a local immegration office in thailand for another 30 days.

however i would like to stay longer in thailand, so my first plan was to go to laos and get a new tourist visa after my 90 days in thailand.

but i believe the law's have changed again and laos cannot provide for another tourist visa.

do i have to go back to belgium then for a new visa or can i get one in an other country like china or somewhere closer to thailand, and iff that is possible, could someone give me an adress for the thai ambassy then to?

iff i buy my ticket to thailand and instaid off a return ticket a buy a ticket to another country is that possible to?

grtz dennis

=============================================================

i believe i can stay with the single entry for 20 day's

=============================================================

A TR is good for 2 months (ie 60 days) and can then be extended for another 30 days (requirements for extension differ by immigration office). After the 90 days you can either

do 3 border runs to get an additional 90 days (3 x 30 days). Or you can go to the Thai embassy in Vientiane and apply for a double entry visa (as of now no problem).

So you should be good for a year .... (provided you didn't do border runs before).

A TR is good for 2 months (ie 60 days) and can then be extended for another 30 days (requirements for extension differ by immigration office). After the 90 days you can either

do 3 border runs to get an additional 90 days (3 x 30 days). Or you can go to the Thai embassy in Vientiane and apply for a double entry visa (as of now no problem).

................ provided you are the holder of a Belgian or other WE passport, other nationalities may only get 30 days on arrival extendable by 30 days.

With a visa you will not need to be in possession of a return or onward ticket. If you start on the visa free entries (as suggested) you may be required to show a ticket out within the 30 days.