Thai Policemen Earning Extra Income From Farming

george

Policemen earning extra income from farming

Policemen from the Kosampeenakhon police station work as usual to serve the public but they also have another job to do to earn extra money to support their families.

All of the station’s fifty six personnel including the Deputy Superintendent and non commissioned officers have a supplementary occupation which helps them fulfill their duty as the family breadwinners. They spend their free time after work raising animals and growing plant

Police Senior Sergeant Major Apiwat Chankesorn helped his wife to raise some 30 pigs, which in turn yielded an extra income of 3,000 baht each time he sold them. His father and his mother also sell fruit from their orchard.

“I only do farming during my free time. It doesn’t interrupt my work as a policeman,” said Police Senior Sergeant Major Apiwat Chankesorn.

Police Sergeant Major Bancha Kerdmeepote earns some 30,000 baht a month from selling chickens’ eggs. With his chicken farm business going well, he’s just started raising 50 cows.

“I have little time to do this after work, but it generates good income for me,” said Police Sergeant Major Bancha Kerdmeepote.

Police Senior Sergeant Major Somsak Haengboon squad leader of the traffic police, also works at a cassava plantation. His hard work is paying off because one tonne of cassava now costs more than 2,000 baht.

These are examples of the policemen who don’t waste their time. They have supplementary occupations that help them earn enough money to spend on necessities and save for their children’s education.

--TNA 2008-02-12

Policemen earning extra income from farming

Policemen from the Kosampeenakhon police station work as usual to serve the public but they also have another job to do to earn extra money to support their families.

All of the station's fifty six personnel including the Deputy Superintendent and non commissioned officers have a supplementary occupation which helps them fulfill their duty as the family breadwinners. They spend their free time after work raising animals and growing plant

Police Senior Sergeant Major Apiwat Chankesorn helped his wife to raise some 30 pigs, which in turn yielded an extra income of 3,000 baht each time he sold them. His father and his mother also sell fruit from their orchard.

"I only do farming during my free time. It doesn't interrupt my work as a policeman," said Police Senior Sergeant Major Apiwat Chankesorn.

Police Sergeant Major Bancha Kerdmeepote earns some 30,000 baht a month from selling chickens' eggs. With his chicken farm business going well, he's just started raising 50 cows.

"I have little time to do this after work, but it generates good income for me," said Police Sergeant Major Bancha Kerdmeepote.

Police Senior Sergeant Major Somsak Haengboon squad leader of the traffic police, also works at a cassava plantation. His hard work is paying off because one tonne of cassava now costs more than 2,000 baht.

These are examples of the policemen who don't waste their time. They have supplementary occupations that help them earn enough money to spend on necessities and save for their children's education.

--TNA 2008-02-12

at first i thought the title read Policemen earning extra income from ferang!!! :o:D:D:D:D

which would in fact be a more realistic topic heading !!

at first i thought the title read Policemen earning extra income from ferang!!! :D:D:D:D:bah:

which would in fact be a more realistic topic heading !!

Well that too, no doubt.

I hope the farming duties do not distract them from catching criminals...

never a high priority in LOS :o

I could almost guarantee that you will not see one of those policeman actually lifting a hoe, wading through a rice padee, or planting seedlings.....

In fact, a likely scenario is that all the current crop of convicts in the local amphur will be on day release, working for a few ciggarettes & a 1/4 glass of whiskey for private business rather than state enterprise....

All in all, not an un-common occurence in Thailand - funny that an article like this was actually allowed to make news.

Soundman.

I could almost guarantee that you will not see one of those policeman actually lifting a hoe, wading through a rice padee, or planting seedlings.....

In fact, a likely scenario is that all the current crop of convicts in the local amphur will be on day release, working for a few ciggarettes & a 1/4 glass of whiskey for private business rather than state enterprise....

All in all, not an un-common occurence in Thailand - funny that an article like this was actually allowed to make news.

Soundman.

I don't know about the policemen in the OP or what kind of place they live in. I know a high ranking police officer in a poor part of the Isaan. He works his a** off doing all those things and enjoys it. I guess noone told him he can get convicts to do it. Usually his brothers and kids help.

I think there are some limitations on land ownership by policemen. Presumably they are not supposed to be farmers. Maybe that's why it made the news.

Soundman.

It wasn't that long ago that TRT used TNA for it's ridiculous propaganda on a daily basis.

The evening radio broadcasts were even more of a farce.

They're back in power, so are these weird bits of news.

Maybe with this one they're trying to polish up the police's image with the tourist murders trying to make them look like people living off the land and working sooo hard. :o Or are they just covering up another freshly uncovered scam ?

Soundman.

It wasn't that long ago that TRT used TNA for it's ridiculous propaganda on a daily basis.

Maybe with this one they're trying to polish up the police's image with the tourist murders trying to make them look like people living off the land and working sooo hard. :o Or are they just covering up another freshly uncovered scam ?

No offence Tony. I know you hate TRT and Thaksin -- But ?? huh? They haven't even decided "who or why" to suck up to yet..but you're already blaiming TRT. Wow, self-sulfilling theories..

Soundman.

No offence Tony. I know you hate TRT and Thaksin -- But ?? huh? They haven't even decided "who or why" to suck up to yet..but you're already blaiming TRT. Wow, self-sulfilling theories..

Media control under TRT was either you suck up, we fire you or we sue you into the ground.

TNA had no choice back then, why would it be any different under PPP and Jakaprob with his media control cruisade since day 1 in office?

While the above article is but a small thing, you'll find hundreds of similar ones under TRT's rule, nothing but propaganda.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Actually, due to the deficiencies in the Thai educational system, these guys are reduced to growing things because they can't successfully set up a meth-lab!

:o

Not hard to believe since they can't read the displays on their radar guns with much consistency.

When reading about the police in Thailand, it is important to remember there are 2 very distinct layers of police , officer-level and non-officer level. The differences between them are vast. It is nigh on impossible for a policeman who entered at constable level to become an officer. Their social backgrounds will be very different. Low level police will often have had a weak education even if they hold a Mathayom 6 certificate. Officer-level entrants, on the other hand will be from better-off homes. They may well have attended good schools before going to Police Cadet Training Institute. The loot is divvied up as one might expect.

So, it is not surprising at all for the low-level police to be farming when they have the time. They come from an agricultural background and have done it since they were children.