Valentines Day

DragonQuest

Hello, I would like to know what a Thai girl would like on Valentines day? Something thats customary but affordable. Also any ideas of what to do and where to go would be nice, Im looking for a romantic spot so she will remember me forever.

Hello, I would like to know what a Thai girl would like on Valentines day? Something thats customary but affordable. Also any ideas of what to do and where to go would be nice, Im looking for a romantic spot so she will remember me forever.

She says: Vertigo

You say: Wer! I go kahng tanon gin kao mun gai james

She not gunna forget that.

Or maybe:

She says: Take me to Polo Club

You say: here is a fake polo shirt with an extra big horsey

or perhaps:

She says: We go hotel mai?

You say: 2 chamong por mai? Sorng rop gor nuai laew

More seriously:

- nice hotel restuarant

- give some flowers

- then take her to a nice bar or place for drinks (Sirocco, Distill or a step down, maybe sit near the river at the Oriental, Sheraton, or a nice sea food restuarant in that area etc)

You might like to think about booking, as some places get full quite quickly.

As for me, I prefer to use the day to see the real lady behind the facade - all very easy for them to scrub up, but is it easy to see the real person behind layers of cheap MAC mascara and eye shadow?

Pick them up

Insist on driving with the aircon off; claim it is broken

Take them to eat at somewhere where you know for sure there is no parking; H1 used to be good, now, perhaps J Avenue, a popular seafood restuarant on the road side, that sort of thing

Insist on driving around and around until you find a park directly in front; could take as long as an hour

She will now be very hungry, insist on only ordering incredibly spicy food, and watch her sweat

If she can take all of this, then she is probably true love.

If not....well she was a cheap date.

Mostly, I seem to be finding a wealth of....cheap dates who storm off home. :o

Thai girls are just like girls from most other nationalities with regards to Valentine's Day.

Flowers, river view, champagne with strawberries, then a nice thick juicy steak with chips dripping in gravy, a couple of beers to wash it down, a serious bellching session & then off to the bowling alley to see ya mates. :o

That should just about do it!

Maybe try dinner on a boat for two. Might be a nice evening. :D

Be sure she wants a Valentine's gift!! :D

A story ...

Last year I bought a bouqet of flowers and a cute little bear and as she had no table on the patio, I bought one of those large ceramic ones with bench seats, so she, we, the family could sit out on an evening.

All was arranged for them to be delivered early morning ( 8 a.m. ) Valentines day. They arrived on time and as the workmen were setting things up, I gently shooed her inside the house so she could not see the surprise.

When all was done, I covered the lot with a couple of sheets to hide what was underneath, then I went inside to get Miss x.

Oops!!

She shouted, 'Mai Ow!!' (No want).

Puzzled, I tried to get her to look at what was there but she refused point blank and went back inside.

After some attempts at cajoling, I gave up. She went to work still insisting she 'No Want!!' 'Take away!!' :D

Well, I gave the flowers to her mother - who was delighted - and then I got the pick-up, loaded the bench seats on board, as some of the family looked on puzzled and I got rid of them. I came back for the table struts and got rid of them too. Only when I was struggling with almost 3cwt of table top did the family help but we could not load it into the pick-up, so we dumped it unceremoniously at the side of the house where it broke in two.

For the next 2 weeks I was berated for taking the items away!! I did not dare show her where I had literally dumped them near the road for some passer by to collect. :o

See, sometimes there is no pleasing a woman :D

Needless to say I did not offer to take her to the restaurant that evening :D

Not really my thing, it's gone way beyond tradition and is just another marketing scam IMO.

But... if you must.

Many of you out there are thinking about plans for Valentine’s Day - it’s just nine days away, after all. Many people spend hundreds of dollars on this day to make it very special, but in truth, what makes it special is the interactions themselves, not the things you bought. Here are nine tactics to make Valentine’s Day special without tearing your wallet to shreds.

Take time off. If you both have some vacation time built up, put in for a day off and spend it together. Do some simple and purely fun things that you wouldn’t ordinarily get to do. Cuddle together for a big chunk of the day and just enjoy each other instead of stressing out at work.

Make an elegant homecooked meal instead of hitting the town. Put in the time and make a wonderful meal at home. Put out a nice tablecloth, use a few candles, and make it a romantic evening at home instead of fighting the Valentine’s Day crowds out and about.

If you're going out, do something unexpected. Lots of places will be crowded on that night, so do something unusual if you’re going out on the town. Don’t go to the high-dollar place - instead, ask around for something quiet and secluded and undiscovered. Not only will the meal be cheaper, it will also be more memorable and distinctive.

Do something low-stress. My wife and I used to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a trip to the bookstore together. We’d find some quiet chairs in the back and read through books together and talk quietly. We’d also go to a very low-key coffee shop and sip coffee together. These were very inexpensive things to do (provided we didn’t buy things at the bookstore), yet they were both enjoyable and fulfilling to us.

Don't buy flowers without thought. Obviously, if your significant other would be devastated without flowers, pick some up, but don’t make it a requirement. I used to buy a dozen roses for my wife, but one year I came home with just two long stemmed red roses. Last year, I got a red rose, a pink one, and a white one. Another year, I got a flower selection that didn’t involve roses at all. In each case, I picked flowers with meaning instead of just pulling out the wallet and buying the dozen red ones.

Give a thoughtful gift. It’s easy to just buy jewelry or chocolates for Valentine’s Day, but it means more (and is less expensive) if you find a gift that truly has the recipient in mind. My wife is a science fiction fan, so one year in lieu of expensive gifts, I gave her a copy of Robert Heinlein’s Time Enough For Love with a little inscription. Guess which gift she still remembers, many years later? It’s not the chocolate.

Write a note expressing how you feel to go with that gift. A little sentimental note means a lot more than some extravagance. Spend some time and try to express - in your own handwriting - how you actually feel about your partner and why that person is so important to you. No matter the gift, that note will be the part that is meaningful.

Look for free concerts. Many communities have free Valentine’s Day concerts by municipal groups that don’t get widely publicized. Take a look at your community calendar and see what’s out there to do for free on that day.

Remember that your love is about the two of you, not about other things - and enjoy it. Hold each other close and enjoy each other, not things and events. Share a few passionate moments - that will mean far more than anything else you can do on this day. Best of all, it’s free!

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/02/05/...valentines-day/

Edited by Robski

Make an elegant homecooked meal instead of hitting the town. Put in the time and make a wonderful meal at home. Put out a nice tablecloth, use a few candles, and make it a romantic evening at home instead of fighting the Valentine's Day crowds out and about.

My choice, already have the wine, shopping for steaks tomorrow. :o

And you are spot on about fighting the crowds - last year traffic into BKK was horrible from where I live. No more of that to spoil the evening.