30 Days Extension Of A 2 Months Visa

Hi ,

I am a swiss citizen, I stay in Thailand 3 months (Nakhonsawan) with my future wife and her son of 6 years. Before to come I have asked a visa to the thai embassy in Geneva, the give me 2 x 2 months tourist visa with 2 entries, they said that I will need to go out of the country and come back tostay more than 60 days. My questions are:

- 1) is it possible to obtain this 30 days extension without going out of the country at the immigration office of Bangkok ?

-2 ) do I need to wait the end of my first 2 months visa to obtain the 30 days extension or can I go here earlier

-3) do i need to proove that I have some money to ontain this extension ?

-4) will they make some trouble to give me this extension or usually they gice this extension easy ?

Thank you for your precious help

Going out of the country will start your second tourist visa.

1. You can normally extend for 30 days upon payment of 1,900 baht, attaching photos and filling out form TM7 at any immigration office.

2. You should wait until near the end of 60 day stay as you need to indicate a reason for extension and how would you know that earlier? Normally the extension date will start at the end of your present stay.

3. I do not believe money will be asked for but you should have just in case.

4. It should not be any trouble as many do every day. Dress for city and smile.

1) yes - any immigration office can do it for 1,900 Baht

2) i don't know if there is any regulation about that but it worked fine for me if the visa was still valid for a week?

3) in the past i have not heard of them asking you to show money but technically it would not be a bad move to bring along a bankbook or something like that.

4) usually it is no problem to get it but you do not have a legal right to get it so be nice and friendly :o

cheers