Kickass Internet Cafe Near Saphan Kwai/via Skytrain Line

robusto

Hi all!

Travelling with my laptop PC, trying to do some work on it. I managed to get my guesthouse to give me a cafe-chair and a small table, but it really stinks to work 8 hours a day on them, my neck and shoulders are starting to kill me, and I'm eating paracetamol like candy to keep the headaches away.

I'm looking for an internet cafe with really comfy, ergonomic chairs and nice desks (ie. no elbows hanging in mid air, and good lower back support) and (bonus) a big 19-22 inch LCD-screen to plug into my laptop. You know, the kinds of soft, yet firm leather chairs that just let you sip coffee/tea/energy drinks all day while you're banging away at the keyboard, and make you feel even more relaxed when you leave in the evening than when you came in the morning. I'm at Saphan Kwai (the stop before the end of the Mo Chit skytrain line), and I'd prefer it to be close, or atleast not on the other side of town, and on the same skytrain line.

Anyone?

Edited by robusto

COFFEE SOCIETY at Silom, just next to Sala Daeng BTS-station.

by far the most comfy and private place for using own laptop in Bangkok that I know of. electricity plugs everywhere, nice coffee and cakes, very good privacy. therefore: most laptop tables (upper floor) full at any time of the day (open 24 hrs !).

not really very near to Saphan Khwai BTS, but easy to reach by Skytrain. Have a look

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate your effort. I'm here right now, and it's a nice place. But it's not quite what I wanted, really just want a place with a nice office chair that has complete back support, like these or more comfy: http://www.everythingofficefurniture.com/exleatofchai.html Only they'll have to be el cheapo chinese versions I guess... The chairs here aren't very good, in fact. Not for typing, atleast.

REVIEW:

Burgers are quite nice, and also quite expensive (150 bath). This place feels gay even in this gay part of town. Lots of boys/guys for hire in this quarter. If you feel don't like half of more of the customers being gay, don't come here.

Ok, it's been two hours now, and I feel all gayed up... Time to go. All in all, not a bad place, if you don't mind .... Well, you know. But I probably won't be back.

Tomorrow I'll check out

SOTA Internet Center

http://www.world66.com/asia/southeastasia/...a_internet_cent

plush comfortable executive chairs Mhmmmm... and they have jumbo 19 monitors too... just waiting for the catch here. Maybe they chuck out pc-users, it's a mac place. Or the desks give out random 10000 volt electric shocks...

So stay tuned for this, perhaps the world's greatest internet cafe review series in history. Tomorrow, we shall see what the greatest internet place in Bangkok REALLY is - SOTA, or that totally gay other place.

Edited by robusto

Hi Farangutan

Thanks! Dunno too much about this place, just been here two weeks. Haven't heard about that street, but I could probably ask some locals. If I can find it from the BTS station, it would be good.

If you happen to know the neighbourhood, you wouldn't know a place to work out too? Lol... Just some basic free weights, nothing fancy. Best place so far is Fitness World at Ari station, but they're a bit expensive (2700/month.. maybe not much to make a fuzz about), and I didn't like 'em that much either.

Couldn't locate SOTA, there's no address, and I didn't bother to trawl the whole 40.000 inhabitants place. No soi, no nothing, no wonder I didn't find it.

Anyway, there are lots of internet cafes off those two streets that run from that big street that goes straight from the gigantic phallus symbol known as the Victory Monument (complete with vigilant guards to preserve its proud erection), the one that goes by that big shopping centre. They're very cheap and quite nice, 15-20 bath per hour. Some even have comfy chairs and big, modern 21 inch screens. But I didn't find my place there before I lost interest and left.