Do You Ever Take A Dislike To A Tv Member Because Of Their Avatar?

garro

Do you ever take a dislike to a TV member because of their avatar?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think avatars are a great idea. They reflect the character and the personality of the member.

Take mine for example, it says, I'm straight to the point, beware of the dog, dont mess with me.

Love it or hate it, it's your choice.

I thought it said "I piss on trees, root people's ankles and lick my own balls .. but I still like it. :o

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oy, Oy, Oy!

Oh my God!! .. I reckon any of my fellow Aussies still chanting that tired old phrase should be bludgeoned to death with a bloody cricket bat!

:o

Hey speaking of bloody cricket bats; did you know they are replacing the "Don Bradman" citizenship question with "What is Australia'a national sporting anthem?".

Ha ha ha.

Actually I never say it; just quote it occassionally to send a shiver down someones spine, as it does to me when I hear it.

Totally agree with you distorted L. If I met you I'd stand with my back to the wall and an eye on the exits, especially if we were having 'friendly' drinkies.

I feel that my avatar aptly illustrates the depth and breadth of my impressive character and sparkling personality.

Interesting question garro. Considering that there exist people who delight in being 'vexatious to the spirit' (of others), a fair guess would be that such people exist on this forum, n'est ce pas?

I like sbk's feisty-woman avatars, in addition to many another. I like the cutesy animals, the lady pics and the plainly humorous ones. I think I am afraid of Naam. Gunnyd is a tall fellow isn't he, I could well be wary of him, given certain circumstances.

I'd love to possess the ability - whatever it be - of those who say they don't even notice the avatars. I enjoy all the clues in any situation.

I think avatars are a great idea. They reflect the character and the personality of the member.

Take mine for example, it says, I'm straight to the point, beware of the dog, dont mess with me.

I thought it said "I piss on trees, root people's ankles and lick my own balls .. but I still like it. :o

Wrong.

I do piss on peoples ankles, love rooting old tree trunks and havent been able to lick my own balls since the hamster incident.

I don't really know why I chose this avatar but I wouldn't change it now. I agree that it's a little irritating when posters change their avatars; I often just look at the avatar as opposed to the posters name. But I don't think I've ever really judged a poster by their av. It's usually the words that bring that on...

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oy, Oy, Oy!

Oh my God!! .. I reckon any of my fellow Aussies still chanting that tired old phrase should be bludgeoned to death with a bloody cricket bat!

:o

Hey speaking of bloody cricket bats; did you know they are replacing the "Don Bradman" citizenship question with "What is Australia'a national sporting anthem?".

Ha ha ha.

Actually I never say it; just quote it occassionally to send a shiver down someones spine, as it does to me when I hear it.

Fair enough! .. I'll put my cricket bat back in the cupboard. :D

I don't necessarily dislike the person but I am more inclined to feel colder towards him or her for having an ugly or objectionable avatar. And that is before I read the post.

Generally I don't like moving avatars unless they are moving harmoniously (but not hypnotically!). There is a female member with a awkward moving avatar, its quite annoying to me. There is also a member with a hypnotising avatar which I dislike (actually there are 2 i remember, the red one is ok the other is plain irritating).

A lot of the avatars are cute, funny or interesting in some way so its generally all good.

Edited by traveller5000

And I thought having a dangerous dog was to compensate

for owners having a small penis. :o

I can't say I take a dislike to someone because of their avatar but I do have friendlier feelings to certain avatars. Cute little monkeys, for instance :o

This is a cute little monkey I once used as an avatar in another place.

post-18822-1203261457_thumb.jpg

More people disliked me there than here. It must have been the avatar.

Edited by Old Croc

There are a couple that I dislike solely because of their avatar, such as a male cartoon character bonking a hapless female from behind. But, I'm sure based on the values reflected in that one, and the values reflected in any other, it serves as a kind of shorthand not to bother, doesn't it?

But, those are rare cases. I much more often decide my dislike based on the threads that they start and the posts that they make. But, who cares?

I voted no, but at the same time, open in another tab, I have just now found somebody I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get along with. He has no avatar, but check out his post here Post 36

I just checked out that post 36. Now there is someone who needs to get a life.

If thats his/her hobby, I`ll be outside the Spotlight GO GO bar in Chiang Mai at 8.00 next Tuesday night, with a semi naked bar girl on each arm, smoking dope and playing illegal poker on the sidewalk.

Well, we cant begrudge these people, can we.

I think the avatars help me in the association with the names which in many cases I have found are somewhat reflective of the persona of the poster. I enjoy seeing all the avatars as most of them are interesting and funny however the ones I have not figured out yet is the guys who use the picture of a girl as an avatar. :o

The avatar is the famous "first impression" you'll get from a member.

Many times wrong ones I guess.

I think most people that look at my avatar are associating me with:

German(I am)

dangerous Rottweilers(absolutely not)

Sauerkraut(sometimes)

Autobahn(yes, missing it sometimes)

what else???

tell me please!

Gerd

It took me quite a while to pick my avatar. I love the moving ones, I feel like I'm watching Live-TV.

I'm fortunated to find some of my faverite posters here :D , I also avoid reading comments from some certain posters :o . The good thing about joining this forum is that you can take your pick and ignore some undesirable characters, you just pass on and go to the next post.