Samsung D880 Duos 3mp Radio Phone Dual Sim

zorro1

Unless it has to be a Samsung mobile phone, you can pick up good dual-SIM phones at Pantip and MBK for around 5800 baht.

Peter

Thanks Peter but its the combo of 3 mpx with flash that does it for me + duo sim. Do you know of any others with the same specs?

Unless it has to be a Samsung mobile phone, you can pick up good dual-SIM phones at Pantip and MBK for around 5800 baht.

Peter

with the cheaper dual-sim phones you have to select one sim when you turn on the phone, while with the samsung d880 you can access network services of both sims without having to reboot the phone... :o

Edited by Payboy

• 3 weeks later...
got it at the samsung shop in Central world.

By the way there is NO FLASH on the camera and its not 3G. :D

ha ha your right mine just arrived and NO FLASH :D its a mirror and still effective with a little light like in a go go bar or your bedroom :o pm me for sample pics... Im joking!

its a brilliant phone if you really need 2 sim cards for biz like I do. A bit bulky (has 2 aerials) but way better than lugging around 2 phones

Edited by zorro1

Can anyone tell me if and where they might have seen this Samsung D880 phone for sale?

I will be there next week and would like to get one.

At every phone shop in thailand I guess.expect a price around 12000 baht.

i bought one exactly a month ago.

price is B12,900 at the Samsung showroom in Paragon.

got everything i need from a dual sim phone. lets you receive SMS and Call from both SIM in realtime. but you can make outgoing SMS and calls only from one sim. you have to reboot to activate the other sim. rebooting takes around 50 secs. i maintain an AIS sim and a Philippines sim for my inbound SMS from family and friends back home so this works just perfect for me.

only drawback for me is some of the menu progressions were not very "ergonomic". take for example writing a simple text. in most Nokia and Ericsson units, it's as simple as Write Message + Select Recipient + Send. In the D880, there's an extra two step - to check recipient number and save. another minor irritation is though it lets you save outgoing SMS in the "sent items" box, you have to actually decide wether to do it, everytime you write an SMS. kind of inefficient. why not have a setting that lets you default if you want to save outgoing sms.

but overall, this is a good phone. the dual sim capability is what made me decide to buy this. if there's a better "reliable" dual sim brand (ie Nokia or Ericsson or Motorola) , i'd upgrade in a heartbeat.

Edited by Palace

I agree with Palace. The dual sim option is a god send for me. However the samsung software and ergonomics is a disaster. Makes you realise how well Nokia have got the software done, it just works well. I too will change a dual sim nokia as soon as it becomes available.

Edited by dekka007