Personal Experiences Of Lanna Muay Thai, Chai Yai Or Sangha Muay Thai Gyms Please

Lobin

i have tried searching on the forums but its a headache, someone needs to either sort of the archives or amend the search function...

Anyway, has anyone got any personal experiences of the above muay thai gyms? (past students please rather than intersted parties..) I am a beginner, looking for good fitness and also a good technique base to build on, not so fussed about training to compete.

I read somewhere that the Lanna Muay Thai, (cant find the post again thanks to the search function), not having the best equipment.

i have tried searching on the forums but its a headache, someone needs to either sort of the archives or amend the search function...

Anyway, has anyone got any personal experiences of the above muay thai gyms? (past students please rather than intersted parties..) I am a beginner, looking for good fitness and also a good technique base to build on, not so fussed about training to compete.

I read somewhere that the Lanna Muay Thai, (cant find the post again thanks to the search function), not having the best equipment.

I have not trained at the Lanna Muay Thai gym but know the owner and he is a nice guy.

I have trained at Muay Thai Sangha and recommend it, Pedro Villalobos is an excellent martial artist and a very good teacher, his system of Muay Thai is very self defence orienteted and is based on old systems of Muay Thai [Muay Boran].

I'd say the only problem would be is that he would expect you to train daily at least 2hrs five days a week in Hang Dong, if you couldn't make this comittment in my opinion it is not worth training there.

Lanna is a good camp. I guess the equipment isn't to notch but decent enough. The trainers are good, and that is what is important to me. The camp flow seems a lot better now than it has in years past as well. Regular round timing and lots of trainers holding pads.

Pedro is also a great teacher with more of a "class" set-up.