Alcohol Ban Coming?

tycann

I heard on another forum that there might be another couple of weekends of alcohol bans coming up... the first of which would be this coming weekend. Any truth to this? Anyone know the details? Sorry if this has already been answered-- I used the search function but didn't come up with anything. Thanks in advance. :o

I heard on another forum that there might be another couple of weekends of alcohol bans coming up... the first of which would be this coming weekend. Any truth to this? Anyone know the details? Sorry if this has already been answered-- I used the search function but didn't come up with anything. Thanks in advance. :o

This weekend, senate early voting on Sat & Sun, so expect no alcohol sales 6pm Fri - Sun night.

Next weekend senate election on Sun, so no alcohol sales 6 pm Sat to Sun night.

Whether you will get alcohol Sun night depends on location - some are apparently allowed to sell after voting closes, ie night, other jurisdictions do not even allow this.

This weekend, senate early voting on Sat & Sun, so expect no alcohol sales 6pm Fri - Sun night.

Next weekend senate election on Sun, so no alcohol sales 6 pm Sat to Sun night.

Whether you will get alcohol Sun night depends on location - some are apparently allowed to sell after voting closes, ie night, other jurisdictions do not even allow this.

Thanks for the reply, DavidS. :D

Stock up and stay home to get pissed. I really don't get the law about no alcohol sales on election day. They do the same in the US, only during major elections. Makes you think that voters would come to the polls hammered if it wasn't for the Nanny-State protecting us poor uneducated, uncontrollable hicks.

GunnyD

Thanks for the extra info fellas! Samtam, I will stock up for Wednesday and Thursday based on your advice. Britmaveric, I know that there will be places to drink, as during the last ban I imbibed at O'reilley's on THaniya-- serving in coffee cups. But I have a very serious alcohol problem, and I basically get a panic attack if I don't have a bottle at home-- I average about 2 liters of whiskey a day. So going out to a 'speakeasy' that day won't be quite enough. Looks like I'm gonna have to lug a big load home from Tesco-Lotus!

Thanks for the extra info fellas! Samtam, I will stock up for Wednesday and Thursday based on your advice. Britmaveric, I know that there will be places to drink, as during the last ban I imbibed at O'reilley's on THaniya-- serving in coffee cups. But I have a very serious alcohol problem, and I basically get a panic attack if I don't have a bottle at home-- I average about 2 liters of whiskey a day. So going out to a 'speakeasy' that day won't be quite enough. Looks like I'm gonna have to lug a big load home from Tesco-Lotus!

How is your liver?

tonight should be fine (in pattaya by the way but think same bkk)

tommorow should be open (i think) but No alcohol!

22nd 6pm all bars close

23rd all day till 12 midnight!

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_19_02_51_2.html

as posts say "stock up" there will always be somewhere to get one even if ya have to drink it out of a mug looking over ya shoulder!

chris

I made a reference to this on a topic about no smoking. Stopping the smokers is fine as long as drinkers can still get their addiction hit. Smokers are banned indefinitely, drinkers need only abstain at venues for a day or two. The sky is falling. Would assume the illicit drug users are not affected at all, bar being caught of course.