The Rainmaker

lannarebirth

LRB, unless you know they were up there doing gov't cloud seeding from something you read, I'd chalk the planes' business in the sky up to speculation. The weather service has been calling for building clouds and rain for about a week now. I think it's just that plain n simple. Quite odd. But you know, 'lok lawn,' and now everything's going haywire.

LRB, unless you know they were up there doing gov't cloud seeding from something you read, I'd chalk the planes' business in the sky up to speculation. The weather service has been calling for building clouds and rain for about a week now. I think it's just that plain n simple. Quite odd. But you know, 'lok lawn,' and now everything's going haywire.

Well, no one called me or anything, if that's what you mean. I know they are up most days this time of year, somewhere in Thailand. This week I've seen several of the planes flying overhead here in Chiang Mai province. It's possinble they are just flying around and not seeding, but that would be unusual given their past practices. Anyway, I don't have to water the yard tmorrow and I'm happy about that.

No prob's. Just wondering if you read something somewhere that I missed. And where that might be. But if not, that's fine. UG just dragged up the 'It's Raining' thread and I posted two weather links. You can see what's going on there. They've been calling for rain at the calendar one for a week or so.

It's KASET, Ministry of Agriculture who's organizing that flights.

Ther is a fleet of Cessna 208 Caravan, Spanish Casa and an special Bech King Air 350. Last one is special equipedfor observation only, is a complete flying Weather Station.

To make Rain the must be a huminity of min. 70% and wind from about min. 10 knots.

The whole project was startet years ago under supervision of His Majesty the King of Thailand.

A close Friend of mine is one of the Pilots, flying mainly the Cessna 208 Caravan.

Cheers.

It's KASET, Ministry of Agriculture who's organizing that flights.

Ther is a fleet of Cessna 208 Caravan, Spanish Casa and an special Bech King Air 350. Last one is special equipedfor observation only, is a complete flying Weather Station.

To make Rain the must be a huminity of min. 70% and wind from about min. 10 knots.

The whole project was startet years ago under supervision of His Majesty the King of Thailand.

A close Friend of mine is one of the Pilots, flying mainly the Cessna 208 Caravan.

Cheers.

The Air Force and Navy are also involved in the rain making programs. I think the Police Air Wing are involved as well, they used to be at least.

Incidentally, it is not their intention to make the rain fall over the towns unless the rivers feed a reservoir. They mean to incite the clouds to drop their content over catchment areas where it will hopefully fill the reservoirs and dams for irrigation and other useful purposes.

Whether it be a natural occurrence, a mild stroking of nature by those marvelous agencies devoted to this laudatory pursuit, or just?...... :D

Just bleeding marvelous that it has actually RAINED this winter season.

Let us count our small blessings, Ladies and Gentlemen.... :o