Going On My Privat Visarun To Cambodia

Hi, going with my friend in a comfortable Volvo car for a visa run to Cambodia border. . .

Having 2 seats available in car for any one that whant to join us . . going on february 21 from Pattaya.

post me a pm .

Edited by oMega69

Hi, going with my friend in a comfortable Volvo car for a visa run to Cambodia border. . .

Having 2 seats available in car for any one that whant to join us . . going on february 21 from Pattaya.

post me a pm .

You do know that the 21st is a national holiday in Thailand ? Is the consulate open? Or are you just going to the border and back?

Edited by stevemiddie

I ever went by private car and I'll never do it again. I got big problems with the corrupt Cambodian immigration officers. I had to pay them 500 Baht to get my Cambodian exit stamp (no receipt of course!).

The next time I went by minivan: cheaper (gasoline is expensive), faster, less tiring and you don't have to deal with corrupt officers (they somehow do it for you).

I went to Baan had lek.

But if you like adventure and you can get enough people in one car, go for it :o

i drove to the border at prum last week left pattaya at 04.15 arrived at the border at 07.00 stamped out of thailand piad my 1000 baht at cambodia , was asked if i was going straight back b4 they had a chanch to ask for money i produced 150 baht which was gratefully recieved saved any arguing in my opinion , my problem was when i returned to thailand and was kept waiting for 45 minutes as the imm. officer doubted my non-o- was legitamate because he had never seen one from GLASGOW , the officer who stamped me out just kept winking while the jobsworh got his magnifiying glass out evenntually i was on my way about 08.20 most of the time wasted on the thai side rather than any problems from the cambodians !!!

The BORDER is open even though it´s holiday, right?

Gone 3-4 times by private car and never had any problems what so ever, so please, if your visa runs out on the 21 of february, join us = alot cheaper then the visa-run busses.

you have a PM .

Went once by car to Poipet. I'd never go there again. Even though we had USD they ripped one of the notes so they could get Bt1000 and that was when it was Bt43 and thus Bt860 for $20. Imagine now with $20 only being worth Bt630 and them waiting for Bt1000 ?

Then there was the requests for Bt200 which we knew nothing about to expedite the exit and entry stamps. After an hour in the sun we wished we had paid but we were warned of scams left, right and centre if we did it alone.

When we added up the cost of the taxi and the visa fees we decided that the only advantage was to leave when we wanted and that was not sufficient to do it again.

Went once by car to Poipet. I'd never go there again. Even though we had USD they ripped one of the notes so they could get Bt1000 and that was when it was Bt43 and thus Bt860 for $20. Imagine now with $20 only being worth Bt630 and them waiting for Bt1000 ?

What if you carried some extra $20 bills. How many would they rip?