Staffordshire Bull Terrier Bitch

hoop

Hi board members.My name is jim.

I recently brought my staffie bitch with me from England.

I am looking some one who has imported a dog staffie from the uk

Or does anyone know of any breeders in thailand .As i am hitting a brick wall trying to find a breeder here.

There are plenty of american staffie but i am looking for a english one.

My bitch is the short stocky type

If anyone can help me it would be great

thanks jim

post-58449-1203528337_thumb.jpg

Edited by hoop

• 8 months later...

Hi Jim,

Did you have any luck in finding a dog? I was looking last year but like you, no luck so I settled on a APBT pup who's turning out to be a great dog (if a bit nuts like all Bull Terriers!). Now I want a playmate for him and think a purebred English Stafford would be ideal as I have a Staff back in the UK who's the grand old age of 14 and now lives with my father. I'd obviously only want a female for compatability reasons but no breeding would be done. Do you or anyone else have any leads on where I might find a pup or young bitch?

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

Did you have any problems getting her through customs? Iv'e heard several varying accounts of people sometimes getting ripped off. Every dog known to man including Spaniels and retreivers are on the dangerous dogs list in Thailand its utterly stupid.

I have been trying for English Staffies in Thailand for a couple of years now and it is a complete dead end mate.

I reckon some pedigree breeding could be a good idea. There are plenty of expats who would love to have a Staffie in LOS im sure.

Great dogs. Good luck with finding a mate just dont succumb to breeding her with the American copy,

Let us no how you get on i would love to take a pup on.

Or does anyone know of any breeders in thailand .As i am hitting a brick wall trying to find a breeder here.

thanks jim

Hi , go to the mall NgamWong Wan this weekend: dog show saturday and sunday. A few AM Staff shown but they would be your best lead I think. On the top floor of the building.

Hi Jim,

Did you have any luck in finding a dog? I was looking last year but like you, no luck so I settled on a APBT pup who's turning out to be a great dog (if a bit nuts like all Bull Terriers!). Now I want a playmate for him and think a purebred English Stafford would be ideal as I have a Staff back in the UK who's the grand old age of 14 and now lives with my father. I'd obviously only want a female for compatability reasons but no breeding would be done. Do you or anyone else have any leads on where I might find a pup or young bitch?

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

There's been lots of threads here looking for eng staffs and this is the first time I've heard of someone who has one. So definitely hard to find.

Regarding looking for a playmate for you APBT, you may want to think again about a staffy. I think just about all experts on the breed will advise you to never leave an APBT along with another dog, even for a few minutes.We have 3 dogs, one is an APBT and we separate him from the other 2 when we're not at home. At night he sleeps outside with one of our other dogs.

Staffies have been bred for fighting, so if a fight starts they don't stop unless made to. Even if the dogs were supervised by one person, it would be extremely difficult for that person to separate them. If the dogs were left alone and a fight broke out, then it probably wouldn't end until one dog was badly injured or even dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Smithson,

Thanks for the advice. I am fully aware of the situation with the bull terrier type of dogs and if they were alone unsupervised, for sure they would be separated. I already have a large cage for my APBT and would either rotate or buy another cage. My dog is only 18 months old and is a great dog but without wishing to offend anyone, an APBT can't hold a candle to a good, well-bred, game Stafford - shame they are so difficult/impossible to find in LOS.

Just to whet your appetite, my 14 year old Stafford who now lives with my father in the UK:

DSCF0002-1.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

• 3 months later...

I FINALLY FOUND A MATE FOR MY STAFFIE BITCH BOTH DOGS IMPORTED FROM ENGLAND.

WE MATED THEM LAST WEEKEND SO PUPS SHOULD BE HERE IN TWO MONTHS. IF EVERY THING GOES WELL.IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A PUP ,GET IN TOUCH SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I,LL KEEP YOU IFORMED SHOULD NO IF THE MATING HAS BEEN SUCCESS IN A FEW WEEKS

Edited by hoop

thanks jim

Try this number if you have someone who can speak Thai or of course if you can!!

Jen kennel Staffordshire Bull Terrier ราชบุรี 081-6460848

• 2 weeks later...

:o Hello there Hoop, I live in Bangkok and have been looking for an English Staffi, I am looking forward to hear about the sucsess of your breeding try. Please let me know about the availability of pups and price ect. VERY EXCITED!!

WE MATED THEM LAST WEEKEND SO PUPS SHOULD BE HERE IN TWO MONTHS. IF EVERY THING GOES WELL.IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN A PUP ,GET IN TOUCH SEND ME A MESSAGE AND I,LL KEEP YOU IFORMED SHOULD NO IF THE MATING HAS BEEN SUCCESS IN A FEW WEEKS

• 1 month later...

Hi jim, just wondering have you got staffy pups and what colour are they + do they come with proper papers? very intrested :)

• 3 months later...

thanks jim

Hello Jim, I am Ian McInnes,i just lost my best friend Reggie,he was a brindle staffie just like yours,a fckin snake bit him.I can not think of my life without a staffie,did you manage to breed your bitch.Do you know anywhere i can get another .We brought Reggie with us from the U.K. three years ago,he was the best friend a man could get.I am so lost without him.My phone number is pm the OP

post-65831-1251265099_thumb.jpg

to all interested parties for the staffie pups to be... please pm the OP for more info, prices, care, etc.

bina

israel

Hello Bina,can you help me to find a staffie,ideally i would like a bitch and a male.I just lost my boy,he was five and the sunshine in my life.A cobra bit him and he died in twenty minutes in my arms.I am a lost soul without him.Ian McInnes,phone no private emails and phones; members can PM the OP.

well im in israel so cant help frankly; dont remember how many staffies there are on the forum but there are a few... u can try also the bull terrier folks perhaps they can help u; also the dog rescue groups, perhaps there is a staffie or staffie mix there (also, in thailand as in other countries, anything that looks remotely like a pit bull gets called pit bull, so check the dogs that are listed as pit bull or pit bull mixes in the dog rescue places. u just might find a staffie.)

and do a search thru again, there were a few staffie posts here. and scan out the pinned topic above for dog shows that mangoto (retired vet from OZ) pins up. he keeps track of all breed shows in thailand so u might go to a show to find a breeder.

bina

israel

i also owned a staffie that came fromt he states to israel... a real sweet pussycat....

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Jim,

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

post-91952-1253599446_thumb.jpgpost-91952-1253599446_thumb.jpgHi there!

I have a beautiful male black brindle staffordshire bull terrier I would like to stud.

He was shipped over from the U.K in Jan 09 and he weighs 26 kilos, he is a very handsome boy and great breeding stock. I have never put him to stud before as he is a pet but feel it is a sheer waste not to put him to stud before its too late. I am happy to take advice from anyone who has a better knowledge and understanding of breeding with Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

I have had him since he was 10 weeks old and is the most loyal, loveable dog I have ever had. A big softy and absolutely fabulous with children. He has never hurt a fly.

He is Kennel Club registered in the U.K and his kennel clubname is Cliftons Lad. His mother and father are show champions and when you see him, you wont be disappointed, he is a beautiful looking dog, extremely good natured and not aggressive in anyway. He should have been named "Gromit". He is a great character and rather intelligent for a Staffie.

I have all kennel club paperwork for you to view.

Please feel free to ask any questions and i will be happy to reply

Regards

Lee

post-91952-1253598535_thumb.jpg

post-91952-1253598196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sponneck

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

I have a black/brindle male staffie weighing 26 kilos, if you are still looking to breed.

He is a beautiful specimen and has a fantastic temperament. We have owned him from 10 weeks old and is one of the best pets we have ever owned.

He is KC registered and comes from a very good line of Staffies, he is feautured in the KC Register under Cliftons Lad. Please get in touch if you are interested, we reside in Pattaya.

Hi Jim,

With thanks in advance,

Pikey.

post-91952-1255065903_thumb.jpg

thanks jim

hi jim did you have any problems with getting your staff in to thailand i read on here they are banned in thailand so i never enquired

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jim,

I have a black/brindle male staffie weighing 26 kilos, if you are still looking to breed.

He is a beautiful specimen and has a fantastic temperament. We have owned him from 10 weeks old and is one of the best pets we have ever owned.

He is KC registered and comes from a very good line of Staffies, he is feautured in the KC Register under Cliftons Lad. Please get in touch if you are interested, we reside in Pattaya.

would love to see him do you have a contact number

regards jim

• 3 months later...

There are several good dogs in Phuket. I was instrumental in helping a friend a few years back to bring in a pair and the original male from Australia, a lovely red guy, is still very much active. He is registered and with a good pedigree. I have permission to give you my friend's name and number. Howard Digby-Johns on - 0818915503.

Happy matings!

• 1 month later...
There are several good dogs in Phuket. I was instrumental in helping a friend a few years back to bring in a pair and the original male from Australia, a lovely red guy, is still very much active. He is registered and with a good pedigree. I have permission to give you my friend's name and number. Howard Digby-Johns on - 0818915503.

Happy matings!

I have been despirately trying to contact people in Thailand with English Staffords.

I intend to retire in Thailand and bring 10 of my beutiuful Staffords wuth me as well as mt Sealys.

I intend to show them all. I have read they bare a restricted breed. Yet Am staff and pit bull are there a a plenty.

I have been showing and breeding Staffords for over 20 years.

Any help would be great.

I have emailed to Thai kennel control and no reply, also some kennels listed on the net but have not been able to find any Staffords (english that is) until now.

PK

Happy matings!

I have been despirately trying to contact people in Thailand with English Staffords.

I intend to retire in Thailand and bring 10 of my beutiuful Staffords wuth me as well as mt Sealys.

I intend to show them all. I have read they bare a restricted breed. Yet Am staff and pit bull are there a a plenty.

I have been showing and breeding Staffords for over 20 years.

Any help would be great.

I have emailed to Thai kennel control and no reply, also some kennels listed on the net but have not been able to find any Staffords (english that is) until now.

PK

I really must lkearn to edit my spelling sorry!

follow the dog show pinned topic for addresses and when /where there are shows; contact khun or for english bull terrier stuff so they would know about terrier /non working dog shows im sure; and also try pm'ing anjing she would know as well....and/or the number she listed in the post u quoted as well....

bina

israel

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jimmy

I just bought a Staffy bitch here in Thailand, there are two bitches left, I was looking to buy a staff dog, but could not locate one, here is the number of the breeder in Rachaburi, I paid 20,000 and he drove down to hua hin with all three pups. 0816460848

Good luck

Gary Green

And Brown , all so common with the English in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just bought a Staffy female here and am looking for a male pup, what price will the pups be and are the KC registered.

Regards Gary Green

:o Hello there Hoop, I live in Bangkok and have been looking for an English Staffi, I am looking forward to hear about the sucsess of your breeding try. Please let me know about the availability of pups and price ect. VERY EXCITED!!

I just got this reply from quarantine at air port, did you have any hassel bringing in you staff.Thailand not allowd Pit Bull Terrier,Ameriacan/English Staffordshire Terrier

, American /English Staffordshire Bull Terrier or related group of those breed into

Thailand.

Just paid a deposit in UK and was planning on bringing out a pup.

Regards Gary Green

• 10 months later...