Vietnam

pauleddy

Thinking of spending a week in Vietnam. First time. I want to do the culture stuff but also to "play-play".

Which city is the "best"? Are there any gay-friendly hotels? Saunas? Are there any beaches worth the trek?

Should I leave my expensive watch at home? Will I be plagued by 'working' lads? Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks

PEd

I have just returned from Hanoi- a fascinating city well worth visiting, but little gay scene to speak of. The guys are VERY closeted. We did meet several other gay couples who were also foreign tourists. Hotels don't seem to care if two guys/girls share a bed but the law says no Vietnamese visitors overnight; some hotels won't allow locals in the rooms at all. I've not been to Ho Chi Minh (Sai Gon) but a friend was there recently and said there is slightly more open scene there, but the city is not so interesting. I wouldn't recommend Vietnam as a destination for gay fun, but great for a tourist. My gaydar only went off once in Hanoi!

A few months ago I read an article about a holiday in Vietnam by a guy named Brian? on thailandscene dot com.

It had a lot of detail: hotels; restaurants; pickup places etc.

Unfortunately that website has been down for several days.

If it ever comes back on line that article is worth reading.