Collect Call To Usa

Upcountry

Thanks for your replies.

mrt273nva, both Skype Out and ViopStunt worked for SH$T yesterday because of an internet outage somewhere overseas. That's why I decided to explore making a collect call for my purposes.

sbk, is there any charge to reach that number?

Thanks again,

UC

There is no charge to reach the number that sbk quoted.

For what it's worth, another option to consider is one of the low-cost overseas call options offered by the CAT or TOT, such as using the 009 prefix. Calls to the US are 5 baht/minute plus VAT. A collect call would be free from this end but will probably cost somebody an arm and a leg at the other end.

Thanks, ovenman,

I went ahead and tried the ATT number that SBK provided. I did get through, though I had to quickly hit 0 for operator right way (on the 2nd try), because the recorded menu overlapped the recording from the destination number. It's a banking issue, collect calls accepted.

I just found out that another bank has a "001-800" number for overseas customers, such as in Thailand. To me, it seems like I'm just using the country code (001) and a normal 800 number which would be treated as a normal overseas call by my land line company (TOT). Any reason to believe that this would actually function as a toll-free call to the USA bank from Thailand?

'twould be great! :o

UC

Edited by Upcountry

I just found out that another bank has a "001-800" number for overseas customers, such as in Thailand. To me, it seems like I'm just using the country code (001) and a normal 800 number which would be treated as a normal overseas call by my land line company (TOT). Any reason to believe that this would actually function as a toll-free call to the USA bank from Thailand?

Did you miss a digit there? Calling an 800 number in the States from Thailand would actually be 001.1.800.nnn.nnnn.

Did you miss a digit there? Calling an 800 number in the States from Thailand would actually be 001.1.800.nnn.nnnn.

Nope. I deleted the last 7 digits, but there was no extra '1' there. That's what worries me. Seems like a disconnect.

All too typical. Even happens between towns and services I've seen. I remember a gap in pavement between towns because there was no agreement on responsibility! :o

There is no charge to reach the number that sbk quoted.

For what it's worth, another option to consider is one of the low-cost overseas call options offered by the CAT or TOT, such as using the 009 prefix. Calls to the US are 5 baht/minute plus VAT. A collect call would be free from this end but will probably cost somebody an arm and a leg at the other end.

I use the 009 prefix weekly calls to the US, Great service and cost effective