Satit School

TheAceFace

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Thaihome:

No, I did not say whore. I said mistress. This is an analogy that she was a dominant force with complete power and control. I should have used a more suitable term, like power puppet master. By the way, she has since received the AXE from the school and is no longer with Satit.

Regardless of her status, this is still a bad school. She was simply the icing on the cake. I don't care if she works there or not, Satit needs to make changes for the better. Getting rid of that puppet master was a good start.

Now, you would like to slice and dice my posts....however, you failed to see the significant parts like SUPERVISION? DISCIPLINE? TESTS?

Would you like to address these important issues, or would you prefer to try and pick my posts apart with ridiculous accussations that I hold an AXE to GRIND? It is time to face the mirror and put up some real answers instead of trying to avoid the real issues.

Maybe you should run for President? You seem very good at avoiding real issues and spinning reality.

Hi Thaihome:

No, I did not say whore. I said mistress. This is an analogy that she was a dominant force with complete power and control. I should have used a more suitable term, like power puppet master. By the way, she has since received the AXE from the school and is no longer with Satit.

Regardless of her status, this is still a bad school. She was simply the icing on the cake. I don't care if she works there or not, Satit needs to make changes for the better. Getting rid of that puppet master was a good start.

Now, you would like to slice and dice my posts....however, you failed to see the significant parts like SUPERVISION? DISCIPLINE? TESTS?

Would you like to address these important issues, or would you prefer to try and pick my posts apart with ridiculous accussations that I hold an AXE to GRIND? It is time to face the mirror and put up some real answers instead of trying to avoid the real issues.

Maybe you should run for President? You seem very good at avoiding real issues and spinning reality.

Do you have children at Satit?

Were you ever a teacher at Satit ?

If so where else in Pattaya have you taught ?

What schools would you recommend in Pattaya ?

and, if you feel you must know, yes I have children at 'either school'! See, you were reading between the lines when, initially, I declined to answer

You have children at both?

The balance between Thai and farrang at Sattit is IMHO good, i've explained that previously, but it is just an opinion.

If you read the Best threads you will see that I am not being negative even on them, however I chose to move my kids rather than waiting for the school to improve.

The last time I visited Satit, I witnessed a 9 year old boy jump off of the top of the 4 story building. He managed to escape with only an injured leg.

Why was he out during school hours, climbing and jumping off of dangerous roof tops?

He'd been watching all the farangs in CondoLand.

The balance between Thai and farrang at Sattit is IMHO good, i've explained that previously, but it is just an opinion.

If you read the Best threads you will see that I am not being negative even on them, however I chose to move my kids rather than waiting for the school to improve.

OH dear!!! I am trying to find some common understanding in this debate with you by using words and phrases that you have used in your Post No 22. It was your post sir, and you used the words "either school" which, to me, means one or the other...... but not both!! I didn't say EACH SCHOOL which is quite different. Anyway, why should I, or anyone else, have children at each school?

And yes, I have read that you think that the balance is, in your words, "nice". But now you refer to it as "good" ......but you still haven't enlightened us as to your definition of these terms in this case. Do you mean 50/50 Thai/Falang, 70/30 Thai/Falang or are these terms purely a subjective evaluation based on some individual bias or prejudice.

For goodness sakes, tell us what you mean by "nice" or "good". Thank you.

OH dear!!! I am trying to find some common understanding in this debate with you by using words and phrases that you have used in your Post No 22. It was your post sir, and you used the words "either school" which, to me, means one or the other...... but not both!! I didn't say EACH SCHOOL which is quite different. Anyway, why should I, or anyone else, have children at each school?

And yes, I have read that you think that the balance is, in your words, "nice". But now you refer to it as "good" ......but you still haven't enlightened us as to your definition of these terms in this case. Do you mean 50/50 Thai/Falang, 70/30 Thai/Falang or are these terms purely a subjective evaluation based on some individual bias or prejudice.

For goodness sakes, tell us what you mean by "nice" or "good". Thank you.

I would say the mix at Sattit is 80-85 Thai and 15-20 Thai, A mix I am happy with for my children at this stage in their education. No bias or prejudice just as I have stated a good mix in my opinion for my children at this particular time, tihs may well change in the future.

However if you have Children at Sattit you would know the mix and if you have children at Best then why do you need to base your calculations on the children of residents in your condominium block rather than your own assesment?

So I which school do you have children at? you seem very reluctant to say, why is that?

Edited by chanman

Thanks for the positive comments guy's.

Good to know your kids are enjoying their time there also.

Will move my son there this coming term.

Are you sending your son to this school just because of a couple of positive comments :o ?(There have also been some negative comments). Are you not going to speak to the teachers and check their qualifications and discuss the curriculum etc. etc. :D

Are you not going to speak to the teachers and check their qualifications and discuss the curriculum etc. etc. :o

Satit HAS a curriculum?? :D

I would say the mix at Sattit is 80-85 Thai and 15-20 Thai, A mix I am happy with for my children at this stage in their education. No bias or prejudice just as I have stated a good mix in my opinion for my children at this particular time, tihs may well change in the future.

However if you have Children at Sattit you would know the mix and if you have children at Best then why do you need to base your calculations on the children of residents in your condominium block rather than your own assesment?

So I which school do you have children at? you seem very reluctant to say, why is that?

Thank you and you have just made some good points. My daughter attends BEST, as I'm sure that you've gathered. She is happy there and my wife and I are happy with her progress; happy with both her social skills and her education. Let's hope that our children continue to develop that way. Time will tell, as usual.

Thank you and you have just made some good points. My daughter attends BEST, as I'm sure that you've gathered. She is happy there and my wife and I are happy with her progress; happy with both her social skills and her education. Let's hope that our children continue to develop that way. Time will tell, as usual.

My children were at Best for a long time and you will see from other topics I have not been a "knocker" of Best and have actually posted some very possitive comments, It was a personal choice and at the time it just felt very right to move them.

I do not agree with others on here who are negative and feel the need to constantly post bad things about Best, there are problems but I am sure there will be problems arise at Sattit.

My feelings are that rather than being negative it is better to look at the ways things can be fixed, there is nothing at Best that can not be fixed, I just got tired of waiting for them to be fixed, and believe me I did try. Michael will confirm this.

Are you not going to speak to the teachers and check their qualifications and discuss the curriculum etc. etc. :o

Is that meant to be clever? As a teacher I would have expected more, you have just given many parents a reason not to take thier children to Best, this is exactly the sort of attitude and environment I do not want my children in. And you are exactly the type of teacher I do not want educating my children.

Try being possitive rather than trying to be clever and instead sounding ignorant.

So - a 'nice' or a 'good' mix for you is 95% to 105% Thai and no other?

My kids go to Aksorn - that is 99% Thai and I consider this to be a 'good' ratio. They are Thai kids, living in a Thai environment and will have to make their way in a Thai world. Although probably not in Pattaya.

You would be better off taking your son to a bar to learn English. Save your money and just ask the drunk, old men in the bars to tutor your son.

Good luck.

My experiences with that school were all terrible. It is a money grabbing factory and an authentic English program simply doesn't exist.

They do not provide books, materials, paper, assignments, homework, or a curriculum. So, if anyone on this thread wishes to chime in on how great this place is, then please provide facts that you can back up. My statements can be backed up with solid evidence from three former teachers = make it four.

Tuition structure: The formula that they use is to take as much money as they can get from the parents and give nothing back in educational value.

The owner of this school is also the owner of the famous Alcazar Gay Show. I think they should stick with entertainment and not bother with education.

However, they figured out another way to earn big money....take your money for an English program that simply does not offer any value.

Good luck.

Well I have 2 in the English program and they get absoliutely everything supplied, books etc.. I have had great experience here since they moved.

Good teachers, great facilities and 2 very happy children learning in a respectful environment.

The English program is only one term old so it is still I am not sure how you have had children in it and withdrawn them already.

My advise to anyone is have a look and talk to the teachers and principal, as the above is not at all what I have experienced.

Definately not going to get into a fight over it but do not take mine or anyone elses advice go look and make up your own mind.

Feel free to PM me if you want other information theaceface

The problem is not something that started with the new EP; it was already there in 2004, when I was supposed to be a "nanny".

Edited by farangtingtong

My kids go to Aksorn - that is 99% Thai and I consider this to be a 'good' ratio. They are Thai kids, living in a Thai environment and will have to make their way in a Thai world. Although probably not in Pattaya.

Hump hands up you got me there .. but I am sure you know I meant 15-20% Farrang.

It is purely a personal thing I just prefer a higher ratio of Thai for my kids at this point in their education.

Is that meant to be clever? As a teacher I would have expected more, you have just given many parents a reason not to take thier children to Best, this is exactly the sort of attitude and environment I do not want my children in. And you are exactly the type of teacher I do not want educating my children.

Try being possitive rather than trying to be clever and instead sounding ignorant.

What would you like to hear chanman......a positive or a realistic opinion. I used to be teacher at Satit, and I happen to know some (former) Satit-teachers. Let's put it positive: Satit is an excellent place for new English teachers to find out how it shouldn't be done. It's a valuable experience to be at Satit for 2 or 3 months and go for a Government school position. There you will find out what paradise looks like.

My children were at Best for a long time and you will see from other topics I have not been a "knocker" of Best and have actually posted some very possitive comments, It was a personal choice and at the time it just felt very right to move them.

I do not agree with others on here who are negative and feel the need to constantly post bad things about Best, there are problems but I am sure there will be problems arise at Sattit.

My feelings are that rather than being negative it is better to look at the ways things can be fixed, there is nothing at Best that can not be fixed, I just got tired of waiting for them to be fixed, and believe me I did try. Michael will confirm this.

There is good and bad in everything.......including schools, teachers, students and, indeed, parents. Whatever school we choose for our children will always be subjective and based on recommendation, track records etc.......but we can't anticipate the future. Things can change.

The schools here are far from perfect, but there are opportunities for improvement everywhere. Let us hope that whatever school we choose, whether in Thailand or elsewhere, recognises and grasps these opportunities for the benefit of all of our children. I agree that BEST school used to be and, moreover, can be once again the best school in the Pattaya area.

Hump hands up you got me there .. but I am sure you know I meant 15-20% Farrang.

It is purely a personal thing I just prefer a higher ratio of Thai for my kids at this point in their education.

No prob, Bob, I'm on the job.

Although my kids have friends both 'farang' and 'luuk kreung', this is Thailand and I want them to have all the proper paper for later life in Thailand. Speaking, reading and writing English or Mandarin will be an added bonus, but not an essential.

What would you like to hear chanman......a positive or a realistic opinion. I used to be teacher at Satit, and I happen to know some (former) Satit-teachers. Let's put it positive: Satit is an excellent place for new English teachers to find out how it shouldn't be done. It's a valuable experience to be at Satit for 2 or 3 months and go for a Government school position. There you will find out what paradise looks like.

Realistic is fine, post some facts tell us what is wrong, be specific, not just there is no English program and you dont get value for money.

Tell us what made you leave, give us reasons to understand why you feel the way you do, facts convince people idiotic comments just make teachers like stevemiddle look stupid.

I have open ears to facts, please educate us as to the specifics problems facing us as you have first hand experience.

My Kids are new to Sattit so I like the original poster would genuinely love to hear what the problems are.

We are not here to convince parents to go or not go to a particular school. The choice is up to you. However, if you want honest, reliable feedback from those in the know, then by all means Don't bother with Satit. It is simply a lower class educational program with a lot of baht to pump it up to look nice.

By the way, a lot of that tuition money went to buy the old Headmaster a new house and car a few years ago. It is sure nice to know that the tuition dollars are being spent in appropriate ways over at Satit. That must be the reason why they didn't have a curriculum, books, materials, tests, etc...in the past. If they have these things now, then that is great. I guess they don't need to buy any more of the staff members a new house or car now??

There is good and bad in everything.......including schools, teachers, students and, indeed, parents. Whatever school we choose for our children will always be subjective and based on recommendation, track records etc.......but we can't anticipate the future. Things can change.

The schools here are far from perfect, but there are opportunities for improvement everywhere. Let us hope that whatever school we choose, whether in Thailand or elsewhere, recognises and grasps these opportunities for the benefit of all of our children. I agree that BEST school used to be and, moreover, can be once again the best school in the Pattaya area.

Exactly my comments on a previous Best thread.

We are not here to convince parents to go or not go to a particular school. The choice is up to you. However, if you want honest, reliable feedback from those in the know, then by all means Don't bother with Satit. It is simply a lower class educational program with a lot of baht to pump it up to look nice.

By the way, a lot of that tuition money went to buy the old Headmaster a new house and car a few years ago. It is sure nice to know that the tuition dollars are being spent in appropriate ways over at Satit. That must be the reason why they didn't have a curriculum, books, materials, tests, etc...in the past. If they have these things now, then that is great. I guess they don't need to buy any more of the staff members a new house or car now??

If you have specifics then why not tell us we really would like to hear first hand experience from the inside, not telling just infers you have an ulterior motive. The original poster wanted facts and recommendations and as I have said I am genuinely interested to hear the problems being a new parent at Sattit

In that case you might want to consider Merrywit instead. I think they're miles ahead of Aksorn as a "pure Thai" school.

Hi Thaihome:

All I can go by is the almost 2 years my step daughter attended in 2004-2006. It was a positive experience for her and my interface with the staff, though limited as we were out of the country for most of it, was also positive.

Your experience, which may have been as either a teacher or parent, appears to be less then positive, but you choose not tell that, but rather post unproven inflammatory comments.

Posters

TH

Are you sending your son to this school just because of a couple of positive comments :o ?(There have also been some negative comments). Are you not going to speak to the teachers and check their qualifications and discuss the curriculum etc. etc. :D

Not sending based on this thread, of course not. I am away working at the moment and plan to visit the school when I am back. Just trying to do whats best for my son, he does attend school now, but to be honest I have not seen much progression in the year and half he has been there. If I could afford Regents at this time then that would be the place, hence I am looking for an alterntive not too far from where we live.

If you have specifics then why not tell us we really would like to hear first hand experience from the inside, not telling just infers you have an ulterior motive. The original poster wanted facts and recommendations and as I have said I am genuinely interested to hear the problems being a new parent at Sattit

Well said Chanman,

Alot of hearsay at the present, personal experiences would be welcome, good or bad.

First of all Mr Chanman..............it is meant to be a bit " tongue in cheek " . You fail to see that.

However, we currently have 2 teachers here who worked at Satit before. As they say...............lots of beautiful things there, but not a great deal of learning goes on.

My tongue in cheek attitude has nothing to do with teaching abilities. You sir..............are being a little too sensitive.

First of all Mr Chanman..............it is meant to be a bit " tongue in cheek " . You fail to see that.

However, we currently have 2 teachers here who worked at Satit before. As they say...............lots of beautiful things there, but not a great deal of learning goes on.

My tongue in cheek attitude has nothing to do with teaching abilities. You sir..............are being a little too sensitive.

A Time and a Place and this is neither, people asking serious questions on matters they care dearly about, thier children, and you one who is trusted to look after them 7 hours a day 5 days a week think it is something to be taken lighty, says a lot to me.