Is This Enough Time

wambam

Hi, I am catching the 6am flight from Bangkok to Samui which arrives around 7am i want to try and catch the 8 oclock Lomprayah ferry to koh Tao, or is this just wishful thinking. would i have enough time to collect baggage and get a taxi to the Lomprayah pier?

Possible if only carrying hand luggage. Flights notoriously delayed first and last thing in the day.

I cant imagine you will enjoy the trip. Why not the bus to Chumphon then the boat from there? - Cheaper and more relaxed and possibly quicker, certainly if you miss the original 8am boat.

Possible if only carrying hand luggage. Flights notoriously delayed first and last thing in the day.

I cant imagine you will enjoy the trip. Why not the bus to Chumphon then the boat from there? - Cheaper and more relaxed and possibly quicker, certainly if you miss the original 8am boat.

Usually first flights out are on time and if you reach here 7.00am you should be at Lompraya pier by 7.50am. Normally they provide free shuttle bus at airport from Lompraya. In case flight is delayed, catch the Seatran from Bangrak pier.

With hand luggage only and assuming no delays you'd probably have about 20 minutes to get to the pier on the Samui side (certainly do-able). Whatever you do though, watch out for the taxies. There will be touts offering you a taxi, but it will probably turn out to be a shared mini bus, which they will wait to fill before leaving and then drop people off in some random order. Not what you want of you're in a hurry!

Lomprayah regularly holds the boat to enable passengers from the early am flight to catch the boat. I've flown the 6am flight several times in the past two years and have always been able to catch the Lomprayah boat at 8.

because the bus sucks

i do this regularly, havent missed it yet

edit:

opps, missed the lompraya bit. I take the setran, I only take the lompraya as an act of desperation

oh, and i only go to kpg

Edited by t.s