Proof Of Income Letter From Oz Embassy

Based on previous advice (but not personal experience) from the Oz Embassy, you will need to swear a Stat Dec as to your income, and they will sign and witness it.

They may or may not ask for you to provide evidence (bank statements, pension letter, etc etc).

Based on the above, it should be over with quickly.

I obtained a statement of earnings right on the day of voting for the last Australian election, which has to be about the worst time to get anything done at the embassy. It was all over within about 30 minutes and only involved completing a statutory declaration (there are no proofs required beyond identifying yourself; and your passport suffices here). The estimated time taken here includes the security procedures (including depositing your sunglasses..!).

I'd suggest taking as little as possible with you and be ready to deposit everything with security before entering the embassy. I found the embassy staff to be quite helpful and gave tips on how to make the declaration. Including your passport number and address in Thailand that matches a residency certificate from Immigration might help to tie all the paperwork together for any overly efficient Thais who choose to reconcile it all.

Not a difficult task, but a hel_l of a waste of time.

Thanks very much Thailand Tiger.... :o

I have been to the embassy in Bangkok before and although the security seems over the top, the staff are always helpful. The two times I have been, nobody else other than staff have been in the compound, I actually had to wait 10 minutes for a staff member to come to the counter!

Not a difficult task but definitely a waste of time, I will have to make a return flight from Chiang Mai.

I have been to the embassy in Bangkok before and although the security seems over the top, the staff are always helpful. The two times I have been, nobody else other than staff have been in the compound, I actually had to wait 10 minutes for a staff member to come to the counter!

Not a difficult task but definitely a waste of time, I will have to make a return flight from Chiang Mai.

How long prior to the visa application would you have to show your monthly income, would it be 90 days the same as the lump sum option. I'm on a non immigration O visa at he moment I have to have 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, what would my monthly income need to be to take up that option.

Mason45 the monthly amount needed is 40,000 baht.

Chiang Mai immigration told me that the letter from the embassy would be sufficient, and from what I gather the Oz embassy doesn't need any proof of income, they just sign a stat dec for you and stamp it.

Ill report back once I have done it.

How long prior to the visa application would you have to show your monthly income, would it be 90 days the same as the lump sum option. I'm on a non immigration O visa at he moment I have to have 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, what would my monthly income need to be to take up that option.

Getting the letter is very straight forward.But when you present it to immigration, you have to show the flow of funds for the previous 12 months.

...when you present it to immigration, you have to show the flow of funds for the previous 12 months.

Perhaps at Samui immigration office, which seems to like to make a point of being special. Otherwise, it’s evidence of income that immigration wants to see. This could be a confirmation letter of your pension fund, for example.

--

Maestro

What is the FX rate used to convert AUD to THB on the day you apply to Thai Immigration?

Is it the current daily rate or a different rate?

On your statutory declaration at the Consular division of the Australian Embassy your income would be in AUD, and any proof would be in the form of statements showing your income in AUD, if you have income from other countries the statements would be in their currency. AUD /THB is between 29.1 and 29.5 this week.