Thai Noodle Soup

thanaads

noodles, broth, shrimp and moo daeng look good...I usually put the other undefinible bits to one side...

noodles are a favorite breakfast dish in Vietnam (pho bo) and in Indonesia (mie ayam)...mie ayam is positively addictive; if for whatever reason the vendor didn't show up outside my office in the morning my whole day was ruined...

(one morning as tutsi tucks in to his noodles a western workmate comes by and sez 'whatcha got there tuts?' with a querulous inflection...I sez "mie ayam, mmm, mmm, good...the vendor's right outside, go getcher self sum...'. He became indignant and said 'what's wrong with corn flakes?' :o )

• 2 weeks later...
I like to stop at the Noodle shop anytime , And the one i stop most of the time has Issan spagetti.MMM good

Taste really good when you add the hot crushed thai chilli. Sweat coming down the forehead.

I like the meatball with tendons.

Mrs Bendix and I often drive from Sukhumvit to one of those boat restaurants on the Klong on that Nakhon Nayak / Rangsit highway, just before Dreamworld. Best noodle soup I've never had in a lovely environment - and the owners special blend of chilli/oil condiments makes it outstanding. It's a 50km round trip from sukhumvit and the tolls cost more than two bowls of soup each, but what the heck.

i don't know if it's just me but there is too much aji-no-moto in these noddles. i always see them mixing 1/4 teaspoon when they make them.

But it tastes good. :D Somthing will kill you. Add chilli, fish sauce and vinager and away you go. Lovely. Infact even here in Sydney my wife makes it and its awsome. Nice! :o