Kap Cheong Visa

MrJay

I find myself here once again its agood job we have this forum or we'd all be ****d,going for my visa run on tuesday kap cheong,i go there every year and have for 5 yrs,i got the 1 year multiple entry,every 90 days,ok i dont mind paying the 1000baht for the visa,its across the way the 300 baht exit stamp,ive always paid it,always been asked to pay it never been asked for more..then yesterday i meet a new falang,he say oh you are so stupid why you pay this,when they ask "me"i tell them too pi**off ...ok you know what i mean you always get that 1 gloating falang he pops up now and then mr know it all...then he says i see many stupid falang pay 500 baht exit me i never pay real happy with his little self...good for you i say your a real smart guy,but for 300baht is it worth the bother and argument,these guys look as though they would rather shoot you for not handing over the 300 baht,or maybe im the idiot for paying?????......lets find out.

I find myself here once again its agood job we have this forum or we'd all be ****d,going for my visa run on tuesday kap cheong,i go there every year and have for 5 yrs,i got the 1 year multiple entry,every 90 days,ok i dont mind paying the 1000baht for the visa,its across the way the 300 baht exit stamp,ive always paid it,always been asked to pay it never been asked for more..then yesterday i meet a new falang,he say oh you are so stupid why you pay this,when they ask "me"i tell them too pi**off ...ok you know what i mean you always get that 1 gloating falang he pops up now and then mr know it all...then he says i see many stupid falang pay 500 baht exit me i never pay real happy with his little self...good for you i say your a real smart guy,but for 300baht is it worth the bother and argument,these guys look as though they would rather shoot you for not handing over the 300 baht,or maybe im the idiot for paying?????......lets find out.

I pay...

There is a poster up saying that minimum time in Cambodia is 24 hours. Dunno how real that "rule" is...but at that stage I am more pre occupied with getting back in to Thailand again, and watching my pockets from being lifted by the little urchins underfoot that the border is crawling with.

Well with the amount of views and lack of posts i assume most falang are staying tight lipped and gettin ripped.....for me ill pay the 300 baht its only once a year and better than a bullet (obe)..

Excuse me for being a bit thick, but, if you are on a 1 year multiple entry visa, how come you only need to go once a year?

Well with the amount of views and lack of posts i assume most falang are staying tight lipped and gettin ripped.....for me ill pay the 300 baht its only once a year and better than a bullet (obe)..

Excuse me for being a bit thick, but, if you are on a 1 year multiple entry visa, how come you only need to go once a year?

sorry too have woken you up;only stay 6 months of the year.....

While I have a retirement Visa and do not pay an exit fee, I do not know if u should pay it or not. However I too, am a stupid Forang and would pay the fee if a person told me too.

Strange how all these smart forangs that know all the answers are in a class by their self.

I'm going to be thick again, why do you get a one year visa then?

I'm going to be thick again, why do you get a one year visa then?

Lol here we go again,for one it looks pretty in my passport,for two whilst in los i like too get around a little,you know what i mean a little holiday here and there pick up some bacon and black pudding whilst im at it..and whilst im at it i'll exit at mae sai,we all know where that is???so i gather you not been to kap cheong then,or is it called o'smach,or chong chom,we dont wanna get confused now,so you didnt pay then??Hope that helped... some are struggling on the op.

i gather you not been to kap cheong then,or is it called o'smach,or chong chom,we dont wanna get confused now,so you didnt pay then??Hope that helped... some are struggling on the op.

Oh, I've been there many many times and as Khutan pointed out earlier, there is an 18 hour rule, if you are in Cambodia for less than 18 hours there is a fee of 300 Baht when you leave.

So for the sake of less than a fiver, you are prepared to break the rules of that country and possibly cause the westerners behind you in the queue having to deal with some Cambodian Officials with ruffled feathers.

Next time you go I would recommend paying the fee...... you know, just to keep things pretty like.

i gather you not been to kap cheong then,or is it called o'smach,or chong chom,we dont wanna get confused now,so you didnt pay then??Hope that helped... some are struggling on the op.

Oh, I've been there many many times and as Khutan pointed out earlier, there is an 18 hour rule, if you are in Cambodia for less than 18 hours there is a fee of 300 Baht when you leave.

So for the sake of less than a fiver, you are prepared to break the rules of that country and possibly cause the westerners behind you in the queue having to deal with some Cambodian Officials with ruffled feathers.

Next time you go I would recommend paying the fee...... you know, just to keep things pretty like.

Thought so,nothing better to do all day than scroll around thai visa,what do you do on a normal day??it took you long enough too answer the question, no wonder you have over 3000 posts,timewaster,i pay always have payed,and when asked i will pay,i asked is it legal or not in my original post,i dont think you understood the question,hey if you were behind me in the queue i certainly wouldnt pay...

I'm very sorry, I've just read your first post again, I did misread it the first time. In which case my comments should be directed to the person you were talking to.

But thanks for the insult anyway, I'll add it to my collection.

Right, back to my knitting.

I visit Kap Chueng regularly for my visa and 18 hour rule/ 24 hour rule or not. I never pay and never get any trouble with them. I always tell them sure, I will pay but I want to have a receipt for that. In the beginning they would act as if they don't understand what I meant though I spoke Thai to them, then usually one of those guys around would translate into Cambodian. The end of the story always was that the "chief"would look up from his paper and tell his boys to let the farang f...off (In Khmen of course) Now they don't even ask me for money anymore. Friend of mine who lives in the village next to mine has been here for 23 years and has never paid a baht.