Sometimes You Don’t Smell The Rat

balo

when you can point out a group of thais that have travelled to under priveledged nations around the world and spent billions upon billions of us dollars building schools and providing medicine without a thought of profit i will eat my keyboard.

OMG, now you're gonna tell me that America built a few schools and gave aid in Asia cos they wanna help .... :o

Next you'll be saying that they went to Iraq to help the people of Iraq. :D

LOL.....Hahahaha.......

Always guaranteed a laugh on ThaiVisa.

Cheers for that, slow day in the office. :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you can point out a group of thais that have travelled to under priveledged nations around the world and spent billions upon billions of us dollars building schools and providing medicine without a thought of profit i will eat my keyboard.

OMG, now you're gonna tell me that America built a few schools and gave aid in Asia cos they wanna help .... :o

LOL.....Hahahaha.......

Completely agree.

Worst still is he's travelled, and should know better, just imagine how ignorant the Septic Tanks who haven't even travelled out of the US.

LOL.....Hahahaha.......

Self-hatred, self-loathing, also sometimes autophobia refers to an extreme dislike of oneself, or being angry at oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group to which one belongs. For instance, 'ethnic self-hatred' is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group. Accusations of self-hatred are often used as an ad hominem attack.

The term 'self-hatred' is used infrequently by psychologists and psychiatrists, who would usually describe people who hate themselves as 'persons with low self-esteem'. Some people think that self-hatred and shame are important factors in some or many mental disorders, especially disorders that involve a perceived defect of oneself (e.g. body dysmorphic disorder). "Ethnic self-hatred" is considered by some people as being a cultural issue, to which psychological theories have limited relevance.

pretty much sums you up maigo and you didn't even have to pay a therapist.

Completely agree.

Worst still is he's travelled, and should know better, just imagine how ignorant the Septic Tanks who haven't even travelled out of the US.

great, another one. i'm sure jolly ol' has never spent an unspoiled pound for the greater good either. you two should get together and scrub yourselves with bleach, maybe after a few years of this you can wash the farang off.

LOL.....Hahahaha.......

Self-hatred, self-loathing, also sometimes autophobia refers to an extreme dislike of oneself, or being angry at oneself. The term is also used to designate a dislike or hatred of a group to which one belongs. For instance, 'ethnic self-hatred' is the extreme dislike of one's ethnic group. Accusations of self-hatred are often used as an ad hominem attack.

The term 'self-hatred' is used infrequently by psychologists and psychiatrists, who would usually describe people who hate themselves as 'persons with low self-esteem'. Some people think that self-hatred and shame are important factors in some or many mental disorders, especially disorders that involve a perceived defect of oneself (e.g. body dysmorphic disorder). "Ethnic self-hatred" is considered by some people as being a cultural issue, to which psychological theories have limited relevance.

Great Post!

Very lame post, you run out of ideas so now your a self proclaimed psychologist..........

Haha...you're priceless, keep posting please.

Edited by Maigo6

Do you trust your thai girlfriend? Living in Europe and thinking you can leave everything in the hands of your future wife could be a stupid mistake.

If this is true my first thought was that the unfortunate should try to get it made into a documentary, it could possibly secure both his and his lady's fortunes. The framework is excellent and would make a great novel but not necessary nowadays because a 'bare it all' docudrama could still be adapted later to a book and film. Her parents borrowed money from the wicked headman of the village and he took her virginity in order to force her into prostitution as a means of getting the money back. She didn't stay with the farang because he forced her into unnatural sexual practices; This could bring celebrity status to the farang in these days when to show your tits on big brother can be the making of you. The lawyer was the one who helped with the mechanics, which was beyond her. The money which should have bought the land went to pay the original debt plus the extra which was borrowed when the news that she had a farang reached the village. The family increased ten-fold during the time when the money started being paid off, so when she split with the loot for the house and took it back to the village it was gone within the year on the many reletives and a new house and some land and a pickup, which they are using for collateral for new loans(not the pick-up, it only cost the deposit) The team did not find the girl in the village she is said to be in Pattaya, where they are now headed.

Alternatively Thais are real people, do you think that she told mummy that she ripped off a farang? Is this the reputation she wants? I think not and the victim should visit and find out, take a camera or better still the documentary team if you can get the interest.

Don't blame the girls, blame the stupidity of the western men.

Don't blame the criminal, blame the victim!

Those Western men are too trusting! It's their fault!

Yep !

And I keep reading on this Forum how the Thais are percieved as dumb. :o

Completely agree.

great, another one. i'm sure jolly ol' has never spent an unspoiled pound for the greater good either. you two should get together and scrub yourselves with bleach, maybe after a few years of this you can wash the farang off.

Are you always stupid, or is today a special occasion?

Do you trust your thai girlfriend?

It really isn't the girls fault as much as the foolish farang.

Sounds like you two guys have really a very low esteem for Thai people. What it comes down to according to you is that Thai people in general and Thai girls in particular are all low level crooks and this is a well know fact and who does not know it, has only to blame himself.

Any person who trusts a Thai person deserves nothing but despise and should be punished by having all his money stolen away and being ridiculed.

In the name of all honest and trustworthy Thai I protest against this kind of thinking and I am sure there are many readers even in this Forum who agree with me.

About the story, well "se non e vero, e bene trovato".

If you are buying Land and property and investing untold millions in the name of a poor person that you have known for 5 minutes in a country where you cannot own land , then it's asking for problems.

Yup. I have no sympathy whatesover for these ignorant and arrogant fools.

Wow, hearing stories like this really makes me count my lucky stars. I'm married to a wonderful Thai woman who can certainly drive me crazy at times. The cultural differences aree brutal at times, but hearing stories like these really puts things in perspective. If I had a dime to my name I might be worried, I get by ok but truth be told I ain't got sh$t. Thats the key guys; if you haven't got anything to take then nobody can take anything from you. I purchased the gold for the sin sot (100 k baht worth) which we kept. Her mom and dad paid for the party (another 100 k) got 50 back and we'll pay it back with a couple of thousand a month.

Its easy to fall under the spell; I spent six years here messing around until I met my wife; in any case there is a difference between being trusting and being foolish.

Always put things in perspective :o

^(referring to post #79)

What a strange thing to say, so someone has been burned, the only thing he did wrong was trust this apparant low life scam artist. And he doesn't deserve sympathy.

I wonder how the hel_l you are building relationships, I always thought that trust is a big factor in this, I guess I'm wrong and naive as well.

<deleted> post.

Edited by sjaak327

Remember folks:

The only experience of Thailand you are allowed to have is that sanctioned by Maigo6

The only views on life in Thailand you are allowed to express is that sanctioned by Maigo6

The only justifiable reason for being in Thailand is that sanctioned by Maigo6

Makes one wonder, given his fixation with how other people feel about Thailand and his apparent need to instruct others on what is acceptable, where on earth he gets time time enjoy being in Thailand himself.

Edited by GuestHouse

Remember folks:

The only experience of Thailand you are allowed to have is that sanctioned by Maigo6

Huh ? :o

GuestHouse, it's just a Forum, relax.

Where do I get the time, I'm at work getting paid whilst I type rubbish on here, similar to you I guess, although I do find your posts good.

I'm not as articulate as you are, then again, it takes all sorts, when in Thailand I seldom bother.

Also i don't take myself serious, it's just a crack.

Take a deep breath and tell yourself, It's just a Forum, It's just a Forum, repeat as often as is needed.

Sounds like you two guys have really a very low esteem for Thai people. What it comes down to according to you is that Thai people in general and Thai girls in particular are all low level crooks and this is a well know fact and who does not know it, has only to blame himself.

Any person who trusts a Thai person deserves nothing but despise and should be punished by having all his money stolen away and being ridiculed.

In the name of all honest and trustworthy Thai I protest against this kind of thinking and I am sure there are many readers even in this Forum who agree with me.

Dominique Forgive me I am totally confused by the way you posted.

There are 3 quotes not 2.

Are you saying that we would have a high esteem for The Thai people if we thought the girls were totally at fault!

I stated that it is the same in all countries not just here. & I do trust my girlfriend & the house & land we have I am not at all worried about. I made sure to not go out with a bar girl for a serious relationship . At least knowing her family & knowing that she has high family moral standards I have stacked the odds in favor of not being the Ire of one of these posts-however I am a realist & realize anything can happen in life.I do trust her & I do live by my words. If it goes sour I am prepared to walk away & take the minor loss in stride. It's only money, I can make more. Both esteem & trust are earned values not given as far as I am concerned. But everyone gets to make up there own minds on their moral standards. If we were all the same life would get pretty boring.

You posted a double negative. You are not trolling are you? As if it were your best friend(not a girlfriend or boyfriend) & you offered a good deal of cash to that person no strings attached they would most likely take it. I think it has more to do with a fool & his money than an esteem issue. Not taking offense at all just at a loss where your coming from.

Are you saying that we would have a high esteem for The Thai people if we thought the girls were totally at fault!

I stated that it is the same in all countries not just here. & I do trust my girlfriend & the house & land we have I am not at all worried about. I made sure to not go out with a bar girl for a serious relationship . At least knowing her family & knowing that she has high family moral standards I have stacked the odds in favor of not being the Ire of one of these posts-however I am a realist & realize anything can happen in life.I do trust her & I do live by my words. If it goes sour I am prepared to walk away & take the minor loss in stride. It's only money, I can make more. Both esteem & trust are earned values not given as far as I am concerned. But everyone gets to make up there own minds on their moral standards. If we were all the same life would get pretty boring.

You posted a double negative. You are not trolling are you? As if it were your best friend(not a girlfriend or boyfriend) & you offered a good deal of cash to that person no strings attached they would most likely take it. I think it has more to do with a fool & his money than an esteem issue. Not taking offense at all just at a loss where your coming from.

Remember folks:

The only views on life in Thailand you are allowed to express is that sanctioned by Maigo6

The only justifiable reason for being in Thailand is that sanctioned by Maigo6

Makes one wonder, given his fixation with how other people feel about Thailand and his apparent need to instruct others on what is acceptable, where on earth he gets time time enjoy being in Thailand himself.

-----------------------

Each and every breath I take in Thailand are those sanctioned by Magio6... :o

I'm also confused....then again, that ain't hard. :o

I'm also confused....then again, that ain't hard. :o

-----------------------

Actually, I was confused first. Take a number... :D