Delayed Website Updates

Sam125

Delayed website updates:

Recently I have had mixed luck updating my websites

They are hosted in the US and I use a premier ttt connection in Korat to upload.

In the usa my sites have the changes right away. here it can take days to see the changes or just seconds it changes all the time.

Any ideas on why and how to fix the problem?

I have tried hitting refresh while holding down the shift key

Note the overseas site is viewable I am only having problems with the updates.

Thank you!

Edited by Sam125

Delayed website updates:

Recently I have had mixed luck updating my websites

They are hosted in the US and I use a premier ttt connection in Korat to upload.

In the usa my sites have the changes right away. here it can take days to see the changes or just seconds it changes all the time.

Any ideas on why and how to fix the problem?

I have tried hitting refresh while holding down the shift key

Note the overseas site is viewable I am only having problems with the updates.

Thank you!

Delete the Cookies and the Temp files as well. Refreshing the Cache Memory isn't enough.

Cheers.

Normally you have to push CTRL +F5

This would force all proxy servers between your PC and your webhost to supply you with the latest version...

Up till now I never got an old version this way, with webhosts both in the USA and a few in Europe.

This would force all proxy servers between your PC and your webhost to supply you with the latest version...

Up till now I never got an old version this way, with webhosts both in the USA and a few in Europe.

I had that problem with an Website in Germany and Ctrl+F5 wasn't enough, I had to physically delete the Cookies and the Temp files.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone!

But especially Monty.

CTRL + F5 fixed the problem!

Now I wonder what are proxy servers?

Proxy servers are just some servers on the way from your computer to the original webhost where the content is that you are viewing in your browser for example. You can use your own proxy servers to stay anonymous for example (hide your ip by using multiple proxies).