Hinet Slow Since A Few Days

prallo

Since about 5 days before I noticed a slowdown with HiNet in Pattaya.

On Monday I called the CAT and he told me there is no problem there with the server.

Today I called them again and he told me again there is no problem. After I went to TT&T and they checked my line. It was O.K. At the TT&T shop an employee called to a technician from CAT and got the answer that the server is down. Now I am totally confused. Is it only me or have somebody noticed a slowdown with HiNet, too ?

It's been a bit slow at times for me too... but not very slow , remember we are sharing with 50 other users ! just did a test at

http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/test_3000.asp

result 446.88 Kbps (55.86 KBps)

one thing that has been noticable lately is lots of

"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings"

errors but hitting refresh button usually brings the page up :o

When they said 'server" what server did they mean ? DNS server or maybe their proxy server ??????

Yeah it's been terrible for me in Chiang Mai for a few days now. Seems to work well for a bit, then die and maybe come back later. Most problems seem to be DNS related, so I am hoping that is what they are working on. I've also generally noticed that web browsing usually works best, while most other services on other ports (IMAP, ftp, ssh, etc.) are SUPER slow...