Rambo 4

Momo8

I saw Rambo 4 last night partly out of curiosity as it's supposed to be filmed in Thailand (and partly because of hubby).I say ugh don't bother.Gratuitous violence,Stallone with a speech impediment and the plot was constipated to say the least.As for it being shot in Thailand,it could be anywhere.For those hard core Rambo fans here's where you can judge for yourselves.ugh,ugh,double ugh!

http://www.66stage.com/movies.php?pl=tud&url=owTvZ8hW5V4

Ha ha I thought it was great! I love mindless action movies :D As for toned down, it has one of the highest death counts of any film ever made (another thread on here pointed that out). For a Hollywood movie (blockbuster?!?) at least it focuses on South East Asia and shed a little, if some what Hollywood, dramatized light on the goings on in Burma (Myanmar). Fair play to Mr Stallone hope I'm doing that kinda stuff at 60 :o

Now bring on Indana Jones :D Can't beat the classics!

Incidentally did anyone else see the new re-make of Knight Rider now that was S@#t....... Still had the theme tune buzzing around in my head for days. Ok back to the wine now and the Indiana chronicles :D

I saw Rambo 4 last night partly out of curiosity as it's supposed to be filmed in Thailand (and partly because of hubby).I say ugh don't bother.Gratuitous violence,Stallone with a speech impediment and the plot was constipated to say the least.As for it being shot in Thailand,it could be anywhere.For those hard core Rambo fans here's where you can judge for yourselves.ugh,ugh,double ugh!

http://www.66stage.com/movies.php?pl=tud&url=owTvZ8hW5V4

I have always maintained, all RAMBO movies are for lowest common denominator of human intelligentia.

Total unitelligible garbage.

Stallone made heapsa dosh.

Clever man.

Nothing to do with age just the grit wasn't there from the earlier stuff....and that latest Rocky.Yes he looks good but give me Sean Connery anytime at least he's got more character.

I thought this aspect of the john rambo character worked well. He looked like he was thinking what the <deleted> am doing again? which is what we where all thinking.

Seems that he has rather annoyed those nasty little boy scout SOBs who make out that they run Burma which cant be a bad thing so in that case well done old chap..........rock on ram...... :D

The people over there however are clamouring and indeed could be suggested "dieing" to see the film.....so. :o

Yes but where abouts was it filmed?

When they filmed 'Batman,The Dark Knight' here in HK there was a media frenzy with helicopters everywhere and I had to show ID to get into my own building as some jerk was filming someone jumping off the roof.Then there was a big hooha as Christian Bale couldn't jump into the harbour because it was so polluted.

Total invasion but the government does make a lot of money from these things.In Rambo apart from the fact that he looked like he had a mouthful of tampons it was nothing special and I get dragged into watching these things.Not even a love interest hum just a bunch of missionaries getting rescued from their position er predicament.

Will Burma/Myannmar ban it?

Yeah think most of the filming was done around Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai. Think I'd heard the Huay Nam National Park mentioned somewhere as well. The river in the film is supposed to be the Salween River or Salawin River in Thai (สาละวิน) but as mentioned above I think it's more likely the Mekhong was used for filming.

Good film! leave your brain at home (hay its a Rambo movie for gods sake!) and grab the popcorn!

"I have always maintained, all RAMBO movies are for lowest common denominator of human intelligentia."

Oh bless you for that, thanks.

"I saw Rambo 4 last night partly out of curiosity as it's supposed to be filmed in Thailand (and partly because of hubby).I say ugh don't bother.Gratuitous violence,Stallone with a speech impediment "

Rambo a film with "gratuitous violence"?...No Way!!....I wouldn't have expected that!....der!!

"Stallone with a speech impediment "...yeah he was born with that, have you a problem with handicapped people?

First Rambo Mmovie was very great. They have gotten worse and worse since... this one, well,.. it's not that the plot was abysmal, but it is full of 'holes' and just not well thought out at all with shallow characters and illogical things happening througout, unlike First Blood.

Supremely violent? yes. Even a little OTT for my taste, and I have a very broad pallet. (kids getting shot and tossed into fires....I tend to draw a line)

The sad thing is that, like Rocky, both movie series started out brilliantly... but in both series, the main character ends up the same way the original character began... a sad reflection of Stallone's view of this career, maybe?

No way to know where exactly it was filmed, sorry to the OP.

Well I loved it, just for the production if nothing else.

Interview with Sly the other day, when they asked why? His reply went something like this:

I am not the fittest, or the strongest, but coach I just wanna be in the game.

Hard to give up when its been all your life?

Sad bastard! Although a very wealthy one...