Rambo 4

Momo8

Go see 1408 now...THAT...is awesome.

Really? I found it pretty lame. Cusack didn't carry it very well and Sam's character was totally miscast.

IMO

Totally disagree,if John Cusak was cast as Rambo now THAT would be miscasting!

The river scenes were filmed in Chiang Mai on the Mae Ping...my husband and I were extras in

the opening "snake pit" scenes as tourists...we didn't get any face time on the finished cut but

it was fun doing it for a few days!

I'm looking forward to it to be honest. I enjoy brainless movies.

then you'll enjoy this one

Go see 1408 now...THAT...is awesome.

Really? I found it pretty lame. Cusack didn't carry it very well and Sam's character was totally miscast.

IMO

Totally disagree,if John Cusak was cast as Rambo now THAT would be miscasting!

:D You're not wrong there!

Right. I've watched it now. (Rambo iv)

I loved it! :DSPOILER WARNING

Never seen so many bodies explode! :o

Seriously, people hamper on about Sly's speech, but I found him more audible/clear in this than in many other films of his.

The story itself, isn't quite as throw away as some of the previous films/ There is certainly a valid point about the missionaries and the trouble they caused in this particular scenario.

From the off, Rambo tells them they won't change anything and that the bloodshed will continue.

Toward the end, there's this long quite scene, where, amid the carnage, the girl and rambo look at eachother without speaking, and in my opinion the scene is saying, that the girl realises that all these bodies wouldn't be there if they hadn't tried to intervene in the first place...

Rambo's action scenes, from the pirates and later the killer bow and arrow beginning were great fun. And frankly the gruesomeness was awesome throughout.

Much more personal, in depth than the previous two.

All in all, a fun ride to be had, with all the elements of a good Rambo film to boot!

He's said he doesn't consider this the end of Rambo yet.

:D

Will Burma/Myannmar ban it?

they already have, going back some weeks now - the regime was NOT terribly happy with the film and have banned all street vendors in Myanmar from selling pirate copies of it, on threat of being locked up.....

Methinks that the Generals in Myanmar won't be writing to ol' Sly for autographed copies of the DVD..... :o

I didn't expect to like it at all, but I REALY enjoyed it.

Every time Rambo slaughted somebody I started screaming and cheering him on (at about 4 AM in the morning) because they all had it coming. I LOVED it when he stuck the chain-smoking Burmese thug in the penis with his giant knife and blood squirted everywhere! :o

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think ,there will be a Rambo 5 ?

Any ideas on the plot,location ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Not sure of the plot yet, but heard the Rambo advance location crew was scouting a rest home in Mae Hong Son. Probably going to involve broken hips and lots of wheel chair fights :D

Edited by farangene

• 1 month later...
I saw Rambo 4 last night partly out of curiosity as it's supposed to be filmed in Thailand (and partly because of hubby).I say ugh don't bother.Gratuitous violence,Stallone with a speech impediment and the plot was constipated to say the least.As for it being shot in Thailand,it could be anywhere.For those hard core Rambo fans here's where you can judge for yourselves.ugh,ugh,double ugh!

http://www.66stage.com/movies.php?pl=tud&url=owTvZ8hW5V4

It has been awhile since I watched this movie. One thing that has irked me ever since then was, now being a journment Thai farang, what happened when Rambo go to Suvarnabhumi airport on his way to depart for the States? If he has been living in the jungles of Thailand ever since the post-Vietnam era, does he have to pay the maximum 20,000 THB fine for overstaying his visa? How did he avoid/appease the immigration police for thirty-something years? Or is there a special "I am Rambo" visa class for those expats with over 800,000 bullets in their ammo dumps?

Hopefully someone will find some humor in this. :o

Jeff

Immiration would never communicate with Rambo.

He speaks only meaningless, monosyllabic words.

They would boot him out just to be rid of him, regardless.

The kids hired the movie, what garbage, only redeeming feature, a good ad for hiking tours.

Take ya guns tho'.

Rambo I was something of a classic, back around 1949 or 1971. But Rambo IV or VII becomes geriatric. I can just see him in 2025, filming in a wheelchair, killing senile patients in the Cambodian old folks' home. I think the final installment of Back to the Future had Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly in the future, going into a video rental store and finding copies of Terminator IX or Rambo XIII. :o

I didn't expect to like it at all, but I REALY enjoyed it.

Every time Rambo slaughted somebody I started screaming and cheering him on (at about 4 AM in the morning) because they all had it coming. I LOVED it when he stuck the chain-smoking Burmese thug in the penis with his giant knife and blood squirted everywhere! :D

Not in the penis but in the stomach. I think you were drunk :o

I saw Rambo 4 last night partly out of curiosity as it's supposed to be filmed in Thailand (and partly because of hubby).I say ugh don't bother.Gratuitous violence,Stallone with a speech impediment and the plot was constipated to say the least.As for it being shot in Thailand,it could be anywhere.For those hard core Rambo fans here's where you can judge for yourselves.ugh,ugh,double ugh!

http://www.66stage.com/movies.php?pl=tud&url=owTvZ8hW5V4

Was it as good as "Rocky Balboa" since we're on the Stallone bandwagon?

I have seen, involuntarily, many Stallone "movies".... or apologies for movies, as kids hired them.

Is there one of his movies with a credible script?

A credible script? C'mon, these are action movies and fantasies. Human beings continue fighting after receiving 11 fatal injuries. Vehicles keep careening corners after 8 wrecks that would have stopped the wheels on the second wreck. Superman, Spiderman, countless flying Chinese actors....who needs credible scripts when Hollywood has special effects?

I wrote a long novel that contains nothing more supernatural than transcontinental simultaneous dreams, 7-meter and 40-meter eagles, and exploding heads. Dull in comparison to most of what is passed off as credible movie scripts.

I have seen, involuntarily, many Stallone "movies".... or apologies for movies, as kids hired them.

Is there one of his movies with a credible script?

A credible script? C'mon, these are action movies and fantasies. Human beings continue fighting after receiving 11 fatal injuries. Vehicles keep careening corners after 8 wrecks that would have stopped the wheels on the second wreck. Superman, Spiderman, countless flying Chinese actors....who needs credible scripts when Hollywood has special effects?

I wrote a long novel that contains nothing more supernatural than transcontinental simultaneous dreams, 7-meter and 40-meter eagles, and exploding heads. Dull in comparison to most of what is passed off as credible movie scripts.

LOL, was being facetious, must be fun for some, gimme good old comedies, or westerns, High Noon genré. War movies like, The Cruel Sea, logical violence.

• 2 months later...