Recommended Attire

Harry Palmer

on reflection i have the following advice for nebiew entering the kingdom...

...DO NOT take dark clothes unless you want to cook in them. TAKE LIGHT COLOURED CLOTHES. khaki is your best colour as it shows the dirt least of all of the light colours. don't arrive in your big game outfit with pith helmet unless you want to be the laughing stock of the locals... pith hat and elephant gun will have to be left back home in the cupboard!!!

...wear long sleeves and trousers with shoes and socks at night as mosquitoes like a juicy ankle and they come to feed out mostly at dawn and dusk...

...if you would like to bring small gifts, t-shirts & caps (with logos) and/or ball point pens are always welcome by the natives. also welcome are school supplies such as notebook paper, notepads, coloring pencils, etc. for the isaan children...

:o

Most uncool way to dress

Sandals, white socks with safari type shorts and a polo t shirt tucked into them. Richard Dreyfuss in 'What about Bob' prime example. You do see 50 somethings wearing them on holiday in most countries, usually with a camera around their necks.

Best item of clothing for me is those 3/4 length light pants. When you're 5ft 5 like me, they make the best hot weather long pants I've ever owned.

Birthday suit is the only attire to wear anywhere. If they don't except you then don't see em. Just seems like you have taken over where Bluecat left off. "Proper attire", wear what is suitable for the occasion wherever you go. Do you need someone to you dress because you don't have a clue? How old are you?????