Can Anyone Tell Me What This Says?

klaymen

He may well sound native when he speaks with natives, but he certainly doesn't on that sound clip - which is understandably over-enunciated, for instruction purposes.

I'd still rather hear a natural clip, if anyone knows of one.

Cheers.

Alright guys, heres the next one, two seperate items!

พ่อขุนรามคำแหง or พ่อขุนรามคำแหงมหาราช

[PhaawF khoonR raamM khahmM haengR] or

[PhaawF khoonR raamM khahmM haengR maH haaR raatF]

King Ramkhamhaeng The Great, a Thai king during the Sukhothai period. He is credited by the Thais with creating the Thai alphabet.

The lower of the two is gaan baan which means homework as in what a child would be given at school. It also refers to housework, including a wife's household "duties" in respect of her husband's "needs".

Scouse.

if you're talking about การบ้าน rather than งานบ้าน, i would have said i'd heard it used more often to refer to the husband's 'duties' with respect to the wife's 'needs'.

nonetheless, klaymen should not be alarmed. การบ้าน is THE word for 'homework' and is used without any innuendo whatsoever in the vast majority of cases.

all the best.

I'd like to clarify:

การบ้าน kaan baan (which is written on the paper) means 'homework', like a student gets. It is also slang for sex.

งานบ้าน ngaan baan means 'housework', like sweeping and dusting and dishwashing.

Can anyone confirm/refute my understanding?

I'd like to clarify:

การบ้าน kaan baan (which is written on the paper) means 'homework', like a student gets. It is also slang for sex.

งานบ้าน ngaan baan means 'housework', like sweeping and dusting and dishwashing.

Can anyone confirm/refute my understanding?

agreed.

พ่อขุนรามคำแหง or พ่อขุนรามคำแหงมหาราช

[PhaawF khoonR raamM khahmM haengR] or

[PhaawF khoonR raamM khahmM haengR maH haaR raatF]

King Ramkhamhaeng The Great, a Thai king during the Sukhothai period. He is credited by the Thais with creating the Thai alphabet.

yes, and to add to that - "ภาษาพ่อขุน" also be used as slang to refer to impolite language i.e. the use of "gu" (me)/"mueng" (you), which was the norm in those days before modern Thai came about

Edited by siamesekitty

She misspelled the word อุทยาน 'park', writing ธ instead of ท. She misspelled it a different way the second time, this time อุทธยาน instead of อุทยาน.