If You Could Have Any Row Motorcycle In Thailand, What Would It Be?

submaniac

I have extremely fond memories of my very first real bike back when I was a teenager, so I think I would have to find myself an old Yamaha RD350PV and restore it.

And you'd have my full support :o

Two strokes rule!!

:D

Thanh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have extremely fond memories of my very first real bike back when I was a teenager, so I think I would have to find myself an old Yamaha RD350PV and restore it.

And you'd have my full support :D

Two strokes rule!!

Thanh

I'd go back a year or two more and go for the original 350LC. I too have fond (rose tinted?) memories of my Stan Stephens 375LC and that would also be a spanker of a bike for the roads up here.

BTW, saw a TDR250 for sale in town last week - 28,000B, no plate. Probably completely shagged but a temptation nonetheless. :o

Cheers,

Pikey.

Oh fond memories, I had a Yami RD350 and that 2 strokes would blow away anything on the road under 650cc. Once you got passed 4000 rpm it just felt like a rocket. I got it stolen and bought a Yamaha 600. Nice bike ,but not a quick as the old 350. With import duties doubling the price of a bike, my motocycle days are over. :o

I'd go back a year or two more and go for the original 350LC. I too have fond (rose tinted?) memories of my Stan Stephens 375LC and that would also be a spanker of a bike for the roads up here.

BTW, saw a TDR250 for sale in town last week - 28,000B, no plate. Probably completely shagged but a temptation nonetheless. :o

Cheers,

Pikey.

no plate. no problem. just don't ride on road.

For dreamers, there is always the Munch Mammut, this motorcycle is what you can call special, it is made in limited editions. Munch motorcycles manufactured only 260 Mammut bikes. They are also called the most expensive bikes, with a purchase price of over 90,000 USD (Even with enough money, you maybe cannot buy one)

The bike a 1998cc, 260hp monster called the "Mammut 2000". Cosworth cylinder heads, aluminum alloy heads, German Schwitzer turbocharger, 218 ft lb of torque, and the biggest, baddest, most powerful motorcycle on the planet.

post-12170-1204760281_thumb.jpg

Hi :o

Not trying to put you down - the Mammut (i know them) is a teensy moped against these here - Boss Hoss, 5.7 liter V8 (Corvette engine), 100% street legal with 350+ HP.

Oh and they make more of them too :D

Best regards.....

Thanh

post-13387-1204767288_thumb.jpg

And you'd have my full support :D

Two strokes rule!!

Thanh

Cheers,

Pikey.

I trashed my 350YPVS about 9 months after buying it, I had a young lady pull out of a side road in front of me, launched me over her car hood, the bike got squashed beneath the wheels. I then got hold of an older LC, but was plagued by fried pistons on 3 occasions so got rid of it, moved on to a GPZ 600 after that but it wasn't anywhere near as much fun as the smaller Yamahas.

Anyone else fit a steering dampner on their RD? I swear that should have been part of the factory spec.

I never had an RD but mine RXZ's predecessor was the smaller RD 125, so can say - same family. And with the RXZ it's the same - with a steering dampener it is MUCH better to ride :D Specially at higher speeds (and when, like in my case, the frame isn't straight anymore). I've got one of those "universal" steering dampener from my favourite Somchai shop and it does a good job :D

Best regards.....

THanh

In my early years as biker I had the experience of a Yamaha RD250, the whole thing was not that good. I ended up in the hospital as I opened up the throttle to soon in a way to tight corner. My regular bike that time, a Suzuki 750cc machine would pulled me out nicely. The beastly 2-stroke pushed on the tarmac ... sliding to upcoming traffic.

Not the Yamaha Rd250's fault ... just me arrogant of believing the pickup of a two stroke. Never made that mistake again...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This did not happen in Thailand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never had an RD but mine RXZ's predecessor was the smaller RD 125, so can say - same family. And with the RXZ it's the same - with a steering dampener it is MUCH better to ride :D Specially at higher speeds (and when, like in my case, the frame isn't straight anymore). I've got one of those "universal" steering dampener from my favourite Somchai shop and it does a good job :D

Best regards.....

THanh

Edited by Richard-BKK

I remember my RD-350 would get a real bad wobble at 80mph. A damper was great to have, as long as you didn't forget to loosen it up, getting off the highway. Funny enough, its my FJ600 that nearly got me killed with the wobble. Wish I could find a RZ500 with the 2strokes V4. If you think the 350 was quick, :o

the OPs question... "what bike for LOS?" for me it wouldn't be a supersport (although I love them) it'd be some kind of 'SuperMotard' I built a couple in a past life...

1)RD400 powered IT250

2)SZR660 super mono powered XT600

but for a HDD failure I could provide pics :o

LOVE Ducati so for me the ultimate would be the Hypermotard, for Thailand...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

post-62652-1225521563.jpeg I'm lucky because i already have the bike that i love.....CBR250 mc19.

19.000 rpm red line and 180+ top end which for Thailand is ok.

Only thing i would do if i could get either one to rebuild or a super clean one i would swap it for a CBR250 mc22 looks more modern especially with a tyga fairing. the picture is a standard mc22.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

For ride days at Philip Island, Sandown and Winton, this

Hand made Au$80,000

post-63954-1225544726_thumb.jpg

and for cruizin there would be nothing quite like this!

Hand made Au$45,000

post-63954-1225544751_thumb.jpg

Edited by BSJ

This baby is waiting for me… a VVW-DI…

Engine:

Two disk rotation engine (Citroën-Comotor, adapted by van Veen and tuned by WOLF) , water/oil cooled with oilcooler. Oil reserve 5 liter. Disk volume 2 x 498 = 996 cc Maximal output 290 HP by 7200 RPM Maximum 22.68 MKG by 3.500 RPM. Bosch fuel injection system. HKZ Busch-Jäger/Harotig JT 1000 Thyristor System. Compression 14:1. AC dynamo 12 Volt -340 Watt. Accu 12 Volt - 36 Ah. H4 halogen frontlight. Exhaust by Nirosta With cool shield. Electric starter

Transmission:

Primary by axial gears. Dry clutch (5 plate) hydraulic. 6 Gearbox (WOLF). Secondary transmission by axial gears and cardan.

Frame:

2 Wing tube frame, CO2 telescope springs with damper front 165 mm. 7 way springs with damper back 110 mm. Back bridge with bearings

Tires and wheels:

3.50 x 18 front - 4.25 x 18 back – magnesium / aluminum wheels front 2,15x18 -back 2.50x18

Brakes:

Double Brembo disk front 340 mm - single Brembo brake back 280 mm, hydraulic, both with ABS power brake system from Bosch .

Petrol tanks :

1 x 24 liter and 1 x 8 liter. Composite.

Gewicht :

314 kg

Speed;

Maximum speed > 380 km/hour

0-100 2.6 seconds

0-200 7.3 seconds

Petrol usage:

City : 17 liter / 100 KM

Cruise : 10 liter / 100 KM

Do I need to say more ????? :o

post-48670-1225554400.jpg