Explosion Central Bangkok 4.30am?

Boothy

this morning my family and I were rudely awoken by an incredibly loud noise which sounded like some kind of explosion, it shook us all up but since coming online I've read nothing about it, we live on Rajprarop between Victory Monument and Central World Plaza.

Can anybody shead any light on this mystery noise please?

this morning my family and I were rudely awoken by an incredibly loud noise which sounded like some kind of explosion, it shook us all up but since coming online I've read nothing about it, we live on Rajprarop between Victory Monument and Central World Plaza.

Can anybody shead any light on this mystery noise please?

Maybe the city far%%d, when it heard Taksin is due back at about 10 am. :o

yea it happens sometimes around where i live, sukhumvit/asoke/prom pong, i massive explosion early in the morning, which is usually followed by a power cut.

if this is the same thing, it usually the generators, transisters, etc blowing up. they usually change it like anywhere between 10mins to 2hrs generally.

is this the noise you heard?

btw its really loud, i live on the 22nd floor of my apt, and it sounds like it just happened in the next room.

Still do not know what it was, the power did not cut out because the air conditioning was still whining, we are on the 13th floor and it was proper loud. Not the best of times to hear loud explosions could not get back to sleep for worry about the political climate etc.

Sorry about how this reads school computer is in Canadian English, according to this system they do not use apostrophes but accented ès, I put it down to the French.

Still do not know what it was, the power did not cut out because the air conditioning was still whining, we are on the 13th floor and it was proper loud. Not the best of times to hear loud explosions could not get back to sleep for worry about the political climate etc.

Sorry about how this reads school computer is in Canadian English, according to this system they do not use apostrophes but accented ès, I put it down to the French.

:o Head for the hills! lol

While staying one night in Bangplee area of BKK one night with my wife's family, I was awoken by a huge explosion in the darkness. I remember looking out of the 2nd story window looking for an explanation. It really rocked the windows and I was sure it was something big.

The next morning it was like it never happened. It must happen alot.

Likely a transformer as mentioned here before.

If it happened while I was in NYC, then it would have been something for real.