Bangkok Skyline Photolocations

freitag1

I just need a panoramic shot of the Bangkok Skyline for a project I'm working on. Bayoike Sky is too high for this and so is Banjan Tree. Can anyone recommend a good location where I could take such a shot during dusk. I plan to take a couple of them and stitch them together for one single skyline panorama. So it would be great if the location has a 120 degree view or even more. It doesn't matter what buildings are on this shot as long as it has some high rises in it and a bit of downtown Bangkok.

Any advice would be great!

I'm an avid photobug (you can see my site at Moretti Photography if you're interested and I don't sell my work, so this is not a plug...just a hobby) and I would have to say that there are a couple of places to consider for panoramic shots of BKK.

1. Banyan Tree Hotel

2. The Dome Bangkok

These places may require you put on some nice clothing and bring a few notes to pass on to someone to let you in and photography. I've paid up to 2,000baht for permission to photo from a private property. Just FYI. You may not have to pay anything as sometimes if you tell them you are featuring their business and don't forget to give them mention if you publish your photos.

Just my 2-baht worth.

Good luck!

Edited by johnnymoretti

Thanks for the compliment!

I used to live on the 8th floor of Starry Place, a small apartment building off Soi Rangnam. On the top was a terrace with a huge panorama view and Baiyoke tower was outside my window. It was a beautiful site at night. Here is a photo I took from my balcony. CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO BLOG

Starry Place 112/8 Soi Sri Ayuddhaya 2 | Between Rangnam and Sri Ayuddhaya Roads