2007 Camry 2.4v Dvd Navigator Map Upgrade.

indothai

Hi all,

Anyone here knows how much it costs to upgrade the GPS map on a 2007 Toyota Camry 2.4V DVD Navigator?

I went to a Toyota dealer today, it was a small dealer in Central Rama 3, seems like he had no clue, gave me a Toyota number to call.

If anyone has any ideas... greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Anyone here knows how much it costs to upgrade the GPS map on a 2007 Toyota Camry 2.4V DVD Navigator?

I went to a Toyota dealer today, it was a small dealer in Central Rama 3, seems like he had no clue, gave me a Toyota number to call.

I'd be quite surprised if there was one.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Call Toyota HQ. I think they want about 30,000 baht for the upgrade.

I was afraid of that. I went to a dealer any they were ...duh... gave me a number for a main Toyota repair shop. I think the top spec Camry will loose out to the new Accord in the coming months because of this.

Thanks for the info.

You mean upgrade for Camry is a lot more expensive than for Accord?

Or that Camry's map is outdated comparing to the new Honda?

Either way, top spec Camries than come with GPS are very rare, it's a rather useless toy, IMO. I don't think Toyota will shake in their boots just because of that.

On the other hand, there are lots and lots of red plated Accords around. That will force Toyota into an offensive mode - market forces in motion. Hopefully GPS providers will also get involved, creating a level playing field for all.

You mean upgrade for Camry is a lot more expensive than for Accord?

Or that Camry's map is outdated comparing to the new Honda?

Either way, top spec Camries than come with GPS are very rare, it's a rather useless toy, IMO. I don't think Toyota will shake in their boots just because of that.

On the other hand, there are lots and lots of red plated Accords around. That will force Toyota into an offensive mode - market forces in motion. Hopefully GPS providers will also get involved, creating a level playing field for all.

The Camry GPS map is very outdated, it doesn't include the new Suvarnubumi airport. They should have a new map every year or so; because of new roads, highways, buildings, companies, etc..etc. The Accord being the newer car will ofcourse have a better GPS system than the Camry, but it seems that Toyota is not even trying to address this problem (Updating the map).

I've got a handheld GPS unit by Garmin, Nuvi 310, and it works wonders for me. Since getting it, I know more and more people using it... this is a whole other topic.

Thanks... Any updates about Toyota Camry greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
hi

I've got a handheld GPS unit by tom tom and it works wonders for me. Since getting it, I know more and more people using it... this is a whole other topic.

----------------

Gps Navigation

" Once you know your value, you need no validation from any other."

I don't see any Thailand map on their web site. Are you using the tom tom in Thailand?

I got told by the Toyota dealer in Buri Ram that the replacement maps for the Fortuner Navi comes on a CD or DVD and you just put it in the player and it will update itself. No cost mentioned. I can only guess that the Camry navi uses the same principle.

The update process should be rather simple and idiot proof. I'm hoping that they will provide the updates soon, since the current version is rather outdated. Price should also be rather affordable, since it is only an update and not a new purchase.

Garmin map updates are rather affordable, can't see why Toyota would make it overly expensive.

If you buy the Garmin ESRI map in Thailand, the first update is free and I think updates after that are 1,200 baht. They update every year.

The updates are now free.

I just got v8.01 for tow of my machines.

Your supposed to be able to download the update , but I couldn't get it to work , so I had GadgeTrend organize me 2 Cd's from ESRI which they did FOC.

Cheers

PS I cannot remember the URL for the download but I'm sure it will be on the ESRI website

I will receive my Camry navigator in a few weeks.

As soon i have it i will post an update about the map.

I promised that i would give a update.

I received yesterday my new 2.4 V Camry and the Nav DVD is version 2008/2009

They also told me that futher version are for free and done during the car maintenace.

I have also a question.

In my old Camry i was able to play music CD in which the music was stored in several folders on the CD.

So i could have one cd with several folders for my music.

I looks like that the DVD player in my new car doesn't regonise music folders on the DVD and show the message there is no music files on the DVD.

This looks a little bit strange to me.

Does anybody have the same experience with this ?

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I just did my service at the Toyota dealer and inquired about the map:

Technicians have no clue.

I asked the sales if the newest Camry has the new Suvarnabhumi airport and the answer was "yes"... this is good news because the technical difference between mine and the very current one should be very very minor.

I was given the run around between the dealership and headoffice about getting the update and finally spoke to someone with "intelligent" answers and response. In short, there is an update but because of the technical differences between Camry years there could be a delay in getting an update. The person asked for my VIN number to see if an update is possible at this time.

Once I get this all sorted out, i'll post again.

Merry X'Mass.

The info you received from Toyota is not correct.

I have the newest map version ( 2008/2009 ) for my new Camry and Suvarnabhumi is still not on the map :o

I spent a good part of yesterday calling Toyota dealers (New car sales and Service departments), about this and both departments completely clueless !!!!

Some Sales even told me that Suvarnabhumi is on the map. My last conversation was to a Toyota Dealer Service Department and she told me that they are waiting for the update from Toyota and do not know when it will be.

I've ask my wife (Thai) to dig the internet about this and found a whole bunch of Thai's pissed off at the fact that Toyota is not doing anything about this. She basically found people complaining at forums.

I'm trying to find the corporate head office number in Thailand so I can inquire / complain about this. If anyone know the number, please post.

• 4 months later...

"DVD/Navi ราคา 188,700 บาทครับ ใช้ part no. 86120-33A50 ซึ่งจะเป็นจอขนาด 6.5"         => DVD/Navi system 6.5" price 188,700 part no. 86120-33A50

กล้องมองหลังราคา 20,050 บาทใช้ part no. 86790-33040                                          => Back Camera price 20,500 part no. 86790-33040

แผ่น DVD Navi ราคา 17,950 บาทใช้ part no. 86271-33102                                      => DVD Navigation map price 17,950 part no. 86271-33102

โดยราคาที่แจ้งมาทั้งหมดยังไม่รวม vat.                                                                    => Not include Vat yet

ซึ่งการจะนำมาติดตั้งนั้นจะต้องดูชุดสายไฟด้วยว่าสามารถใช้ด้วยกันได้หรือไม่ และในการดัดแปลงนั้นทางศูนย์บริการไม่ได้รับดำเนินการให้ครับ..

=>before installation, they need to check the car wiring system... whether is it compatible for the upgrade or not.

=>if it is NOT, they won't upgrade for your car at all.

sorry for the poor gramma ok.

Hope you get it

Actually I myself drive Camry 2.4v Dvd Navigator too.

Hi Silenzer,

Thank you for the translation.

What version is your 2.4 DVD Navigator? Mine is 2006 - 2007 ver2.

Toyota is not helping. I went to a few Toyota service center and they say have to buy new system (crazy), I ask Toyota sales and they don't know (maybe don't care). Toyota after sales service is very bad.

If you have any news, please let me know krub.

Hi all,

I can Help for Every Toyota Camry or Fortuner or harrier and semilar

for updates and general help.

call 0810042432 from 11 to 21 hours

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota called me and they said the map upgrade will be 20,000 baht available in August.

Yup.. that's 20,000 baht for an upgrade.

I wonder how much it cost to upgrade the map on the newest Honda Accord?

Toyota called me and they said the map upgrade will be 20,000 baht available in August.

Yup.. that's 20,000 baht for an upgrade.

I wonder how much it cost to upgrade the map on the newest Honda Accord?

I assume the map on the toyota gps is either esri or the map that mio uses as I would doubt toyota has it's own maps.

Somebody with some technical knowledge should be able to find out how to update the toyota unit and then just buy the newest map from the mentioned company's and save 10 to 15000 baht.

• 1 month later...

I don't know the OEM (Garmin, MIO, etc)... Bought it factory from Toyota, so it's not an add-on after-market accessory. I did ask why it was so expensive, the guy said it contains a lot of upgrades.

I think they just don't know what they are talking about or Toyota messed up big time with their GPS system... didn't figure out that maps DO need to be updated... duh.

Anyways, to those buying the Camry, avoid the Navigator option.. it is very very costly to maintain.

I heard stories from forums that people tried to upgrade the GPS systems themselves.... ending up making the unit completely useless and needing Toyota to fix it for..... 30,000 baht.