Gasahol

PaulAllen

My gf is telling me start putting the 95 gasohol into our motorbikes now as it is cheaper. But the big question is it good for the motorbike's engine or not?

....shure! i use Gasohol95 since 6 month and no problems :D

Available at PTT Chaweng/Lamai (New) Bophut and also from Shell.

My Bike has more Power since i drive with GH95 and the fuel-consumption

goes down :D ....not bad, and cheaper anyway.

The Gasoline with 95octan will be no longer available in Thailand.

Just the 91, Gasohol 95, Diesel, and the new B5 Diesel (Biofuel)

but please dont put B5 in your Biketank :o

Chayaphum

My gf is telling me start putting the 95 gasohol into our motorbikes now as it is cheaper. But the big question is it good for the motorbike's engine or not?

....shure! i use Gasohol95 since 6 month and no problems :D

Available at PTT Chaweng/Lamai (New) Bophut and also from Shell.

My Bike has more Power since i drive with GH95 and the fuel-consumption

goes down :D ....not bad, and cheaper anyway.

The Gasoline with 95octan will be no longer available in Thailand.

Just the 91, Gasohol 95, Diesel, and the new B5 Diesel (Biofuel)

but please dont put B5 in your Biketank :o

Chayaphum

Havn't come across it, but I'll sure be on the look out, thanks for info :D

....shure! i use Gasohol95 since 6 month and no problems :D Available at PTT Chaweng/Lamai (New) Bophut and also from Shell. My Bike has more Power since i drive with GH95 and the fuel-consumption goes down :D ....not bad, and cheaper anyway. The Gasoline with 95octan will be no longer available in Thailand. Just the 91, Gasohol 95, Diesel, and the new B5 Diesel (Biofuel) but please dont put B5 in your Biketank :o Chayaphum

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/19...es_30014012.php

...if you own a older bike (more then 3years) maybe it's better to check your

gasoline hoses...because Gasohol95 has 10% Ethanol (Alcohol) and 90% Gasoline.

Some people suspect, that GH95 can destroy the hoses. (not proved/confirmed)

If the gas-hoses are brittle and dried....you have to exchange before fill up and use GH95.

i made already 8000km with GH95 without any problems.

My fuel consumption decrease to 2,3 - 2,5L per 100km :D

(Automatic-Bike 115ccm, 5years old, over 50'000km on the counter)

For replace the Gas-hoses i bought from a Hardwareshop some Highpressure-hose

(orange or light-blue color) with 8mm diameter outside and 5mm inside.

These hoses are very strong and resistent for use with Alcohol.

(Dragon PU HOSE 5x8mm)

post-51795-1204347963_thumb.jpg

Chayaphum

Do not use the gashol 95 if your bike has a carburettor

sorry, i need your help!

"if your bike has a carburettor" what u mean with this?

do you have a bike without carburettor? :D:o:D

Chayaphum

Waiting to hear your reply on this, goldfish.

I thought all petrol engines had carbs, except fuel injection of course. :D

sorry, i need your help!

Chayaphum

Most bikes have carburettors. Fuel injection started becaming popular about 10 years ago, mostly on larger bikes, partly for economy but mainly to meet the ever tightening emission controls.

I don't know about which smaller bikes in thailand have fuel injection but I am aware that one of the honda waves has. Believe it is quite liked for it's economy.

I'm not sure what the properties of gashol are but remember reading it had a 5 or 10% alcohol based mix which will perish rubber, and possibly plastic. On the whole this is not a problem for fuel injection, but if the op doesn't wish to start re-building or replacing his carb then I suggest using the 91 octane fuel.

Now, if chayaphum would like to spend a bit of time researching gashol we would all be appreciative. Maybe then we can all learn and be a little better informed

sorry, i need your help!

Chayaphum

Most bikes have carburettors. Fuel injection started becaming popular about 10 years ago, mostly on larger bikes, partly for economy but mainly to meet the ever tightening emission controls.

I don't know about which smaller bikes in thailand have fuel injection but I am aware that one of the honda waves has. Believe it is quite liked for it's economy.

I'm not sure what the properties of gashol are but remember reading it had a 5 or 10% alcohol based mix which will perish rubber, and possibly plastic. On the whole this is not a problem for fuel injection, but if the op doesn't wish to start re-building or replacing his carb then I suggest using the 91 octane fuel.

Now, if chayaphum would like to spend a bit of time researching gashol we would all be appreciative. Maybe then we can all learn and be a little better informed

Thanks for that goldfish, I'll have to get my Yamaha 110cc checked out.

Just great, from what looked like an answer (Yes, use it) to confusion now (don't use if have carburetter).

I'm fairly certain well over 90% of the bikes in Thailand have carburetters. (This is my unscientific estimate of course based on what I don't know.)

Why not just have someone who speaks Thai ask a motorbike repairman.

Just great, from what looked like an answer (Yes, use it) to confusion now (don't use if have carburetter). I'm fairly certain well over 90% of the bikes in Thailand have carburetters. (This is my unscientific estimate of course based on what I don't know.) Why not just have someone who speaks Thai ask a motorbike repairman.

i totally agree with you (about 90% have carburettors).

to "goldfish"

you wrote: I'm not sure what the properties of gashol are but remember reading it had a 5 or 10% alcohol based mix which will perish rubber, and possibly plastic."

....why do you don't read my posting, i wrote:

..because Gasohol95 has 10% Ethanol (Alcohol) and 90% Gasoline.

Some people suspect, that GH95 can destroy the hoses. (not proved/confirmed)

soon we will see the new E20 Gasohol in Thailand, with 20% Ethanol..... :D

i made already 8000km with GH95 without any problems.

my carburettor is still working good as before with Gasoline95.

The normal 91octan i just filled up before when they don't had 95.

But now, you can buy Gasohol95 nearly everywhere....if not, just

go to the next gasoline station.

http://www.pttplc.com/en/default.asp

"goldfish" wrote:

:D:o thank's!

i researched by self for many hours in the internet about "can i use Gasohol95".....

over many month i was scared to use it, but 7 month back i start with use only GH95.

And i am so happy with it.. :D

but how we say in Thailand, "it's up to you"

believe what you want, and fill up what you thinking is good for your bike....

Chayaphum

ps: i never talking with a thai from a motorbike repair shop....because i don't believe

his answer (just look how they work) - - - that's only my opinion - - -

I would guess there would be more people knowing about engines and the like in the motor forum, however FWIW I saw a guy on Channel 7 news the other night showing off his blue motorbike that was converted to run on bottled cooking gas. He was talking about the adaptor he had made from a sardine can or something.

Reminds me of a joke. What blue, travels at 45 kph and explodes in a fireball without warning?

• 2 weeks later...
....is somebody out there in Samui/Phangan who is also use Gasohol 95 for his Bike?

Chayaphum

maybe i am the only one, that's great because i don't have to wait at the Petrol Station to fill up :o

Chayaphum

We had a few problems riding Harleys using Gasohol 95, where the engine started mis-firing which eventually cleared after we refilled with 91. This may also be the case with some sports bikes. If you live on Samui it may be worth contacting Ohm at Ohm Cycles for some advice about what to use.

• 11 months later...

have a look at this pdf-file (from Shell) .....most bikes of thailand are included in the list.

This overview is just for check the compatibility to use "gasohol E10" 91 or 95 octane.

motorcyc_GSHCarList_Jul071.pdf

Have fun...and save your money with gasohol :o

Chayaphum

i've been using only gasohol 95 in my yamaha mio automatic, it's been now 17000 km i drive it with this fuel.

small engines are easier with different fuels than precise engine with injectors and complicated systems.

I have found that my fino has real problems starting when using gasohol, especially when it hasn't been used for a few days and gasohol gets less miles compared to using 91.

Additionally i have a 10 hp honda 4 stroke outboard on my sail boat and it for sure HATES gasohol and i am now using 91 octane only. What was happening (i think) was that the leftover fuel was evaporating in the carb and leaving a horrible watery residue that had to be drained away before there was even a hope of starting.

So my experience is DON'T use gasohol in an outboard and i only use in my bike if i dont have a choice......

LaterZzzzzZzzZzzz

Smartie

Gasohol is crap.

Stick to 91 octane.

It's even written on most bikes and in the manual as well. The manufacturers of the bikes know what they're doing.

Go tell Jonathan at Easyrider you filled his bike up with Gasohol and see his reaction... he he...

I mix the two 50/50 Gasahol and 91. Make my Honda Dream go like the clappers. Did the entire ring road in less then 25mins.

My Cbr250 will not run properly on Gasohol, it runs really rough. I will not use this unless it is specified by the manufacturer. on a side note my Ford Ranger runs great on Diesel B5. but Isuza do not warranty their trucks if you use B5. weird.

Allan

Yes, especially if it uses injectors.

If carbuaretter then don't use any more than E10 gasohol.