Tot Blocking Access To Apple Sites And Itunes Store?

PJRay

For the past three or four days, I've been unable to access the iTunes Store or Apple web sites. I've got ToT ADSL and haven't had any problems with itunes or Apple sites in two years....so I have no idea what's going on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

Ray

On Cybergold ... no problem to access apple.com ... Can't get to the store (understandable, because Thailand is where Itunes operates)

Thanks sniff. But, I'm a bit unclear on what you meant by "can't get to the store, because Thailand is where iTunes operates."

As I said, I've never had any problems with the iTunes Store in the past...just the last few days and it's really p!ssing me off.

Thanks again.

p.s. Forgot to mention, that access to Apple sites seems OK now, just s-l-o-w.... But still can't get the iTunes Store. :D:o

Edited by PJRay

IPSTAR/TOT has a problem everyday, but really bad the last 2-3 weeks. Alot of sites I can't even download. Sad

I'm calling tomorrow & tell them to fix or will cancel. Worst ISP i've had in Thailand. And what's even sadder is THEY DON'T CARE IF CANCEL OR NOT. :o

Can access all apple.com and also the US Itunes store no problems on TOT goldcyber BKK.

could be TOT's crap DNS servers try using OpenDns that is what I have my router set to use.

Edited by dekka007

IPSTAR/TOT has a problem everyday, but really bad the last 2-3 weeks. Alot of sites I can't even download. Sad

I'm calling tomorrow & tell them to fix or will cancel. Worst ISP i've had in Thailand. And what's even sadder is THEY DON'T CARE IF CANCEL OR NOT. :o

Very true...some of the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.

But then again, T.i.T...I've come to expect crap service from dam_n near everywhere.

Can access all apple.com and also the US Itunes store no problems on TOT goldcyber BKK.

could be TOT's crap DNS servers try using OpenDns that is what I have my router set to use.

Thanks dekka, I recently updated to OS 10.4.11 and current iTunes. I was using Open DNS before and will check to see if the update somehow disabled/affected Open DNS...if I can remember how to do the DNS thing... :o

p.s. Checked it out and Open DNS is working fine...

I contacted Apple yesterday and they were NO help...Here's part of the canned reply:

"I have verified that the iTunes Store is functioning and accepting connections, which indicates that the issue is related to your internet connection, local network, or your local computer itself. "

Could they be any more vague??

I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers.

Edited by PJRay

• 5 weeks later...