Marriage Visa Pre July

Good News Indeed

An old work colleague went to the immigration a couple of days ago to extend his 'Thai wife' visa and had no problem. His second time extending and he 207,000 baht shown in his passbook. I had heard all sorts of stories that it would not be 'grandfathered'(I believe the term is).

If it has been grandfather ed it is in direct contradiction to statements we have had to sign at immigration that next time requirement would be 400k. Believe he probably did not sign such a statement on last visit so was allowed to process at old level this time only. Or he had income to make up for the bank shortfall. Could you ask if he was advised requirement change for next extension?

I can't contact him, but am trying.

He said that he was sure that it was grandfathered, so didn't put in 400,000 even though he could have, just to prove a point to someone. All they could have done was ask him to put in another 200,000. May do the same myself next time round, just to find out.

Then again he could be full of siht, but I don't think so. It could well be that he has other income.

I agree with Lopburi.

There is no Grandfathering for those of us who are married.

The next time round it will be 400,000 in the bank, or an equivalent income.

Astral

The last time I went to Suan Plu in July after I screwed up my visa (another story) I was told by a very helpful and nice captain that it would be 400,000 or 40,000 baht per month and, sorry no exceptions.

If you can find someone who will grandfather me please,please let me know.

billd766.

I thought (and I read it here) that there were two conflicting memos from different Imm departments. One saying yes to grandfathering, the other saying no...so in the end it was down to the individual Imm officers discretion?

Edited by kenkannif