Having A Baby In Pattaya

paul1970

My girlfriend is pregnant and I wondered if anyone had some advice good or bad about hospitals in the Pattaya area or any advice in general ?

I read with interest about Dr. Supanee clinic on another thread on this topic, anybody have information on this clinic?

Also for some reason my gf thinks that shw will want a Ceasearian (spelling ?) done, what is it with thai girls and the C-section ? can anybody tell me what their experiences are with their gf, wifes wanting a C-section or natural birth ? As far as I'm aware a c-section should only be performed if the mother or baby is at risk.

Thanks for any advice.

My girlfriend is pregnant and I wondered if anyone had some advice good or bad about hospitals in the Pattaya area or any advice in general ?

I read with interest about Dr. Supanee clinic on another thread on this topic, anybody have information on this clinic?

Also for some reason my gf thinks that shw will want a Ceasearian (spelling ?) done, what is it with thai girls and the C-section ? can anybody tell me what their experiences are with their gf, wifes wanting a C-section or natural birth ? As far as I'm aware a c-section should only be performed if the mother or baby is at risk.

Thanks for any advice.

Agreed on the c-section. Talk to the doctor, get the doctor to discuss it with the g/f.

My wife had her kids up-country, but several friends have babies in Pattaya and all have been well looked after, wherever they have been treated.

If you are a Brit, register the birth at Wireless Road, in case you want to try for UK passport later.

Good luck, enjoy the time with the baby - especially those three a.m. teething calls.

Paul1970, I had my baby girl on xmas day at Queen Sirikit (sp?) in Sattahip and all went really well. Good luck and pm me if you want any further details.

I know I have to register the birth within 12 months and am about to (in Bangkok I think).

Humphrey Bear, what is Wireless road?

My Lady had our baby 2 years ago in Banglamung hospital, natural birth. Hospital was a bit crowded but got her into a private room pretty cheap. No frills but all went well. My understanding is that some hospitals go the section route so they can manage the throughput more easily. In UK a section is usually the last resort isnt it? My boy is 2 now (yesterday in fact) what can I do to get him a passport, is it FUBAR if I didnt register the birth within 12 months?

My Lady had our baby 2 years ago in Banglamung hospital, natural birth. Hospital was a bit crowded but got her into a private room pretty cheap. No frills but all went well. My understanding is that some hospitals go the section route so they can manage the throughput more easily. In UK a section is usually the last resort isnt it? My boy is 2 now (yesterday in fact) what can I do to get him a passport, is it FUBAR if I didnt register the birth within 12 months?

you don´t have to do registration within 12 month ! You can find all the information somewhere here in the forum

(I´ve just read it; but don´t know where...)Brit. ambassy in Bangkok did tell you this before. Now, they know better.

(the kid has to be still a minor !)

Edited by dieter1

Thanks Humphrey Bear for that info, that will come in handy in about 9 months time it's stuff like this that is so easy to forget.

moddeydhoo you may be able to get away without getting married, I looked at the link Humphrey Bear sent and right down the bottom it had this section

British Fathers, who are not married, can now apply to register children who are born abroad prior to 1 July 2006, with the Home Office. Please note this is discretionary. Those applying should expect to receive a decision in approximately 4 months. The fee for this will be £400 payable in local currency plus a Consular forwarding fee of Baht 3,835. Please ask us for form MN1 or obtain it from the Border and Immigration Agency.

You will require an appointment.

Good Luck

Thanks Paul, I saw that after I posted, not cheap is it about 29000 baht and I wonder what is required for a discretionary yes?

Only that they believe you're the father, usually.

It's no problem for 99% of the applicants, but they do want to reserve their right to refuse.

Thanks for any advice.

My wife had c-section took her 2/3 weeks to feel 100% she was in hospital for 1week after birth. She was at risk but lot of rich ladys op for c-section they think it's less painful I would say it's not my ex-wife had natural birth and was out of hospital 2 days later so would'nt let her do unless as you say she or baby at risk! which I hope they are not.