License To Sell Alcohol & Cigarettes?

My lady checked with the Or Bor Tor office and was sent to the revenue dept in Lag Chabang for Chon Buri province. Came back with Alcohol 1100B, Thai cigarettes 20B, and imported cigarettes 20B. In spite of my request, she did not think I needed the restaurant one (not sure the price but less than the booze one).

If you put them in your company name remember to include the returns with your monthly tax as they are linked to your tax ID, this was some advise from a friend in the revenue dept. He advised my lady to put them in her name. This ranks right up there with the advise given to her to pass on to me by an official in the Auditor General's dept, "do not tell the tax office of everything you make", under reporting is a big no-no where I come from and here is the number 3 auditor in their province (Issan not Chon Buri) advising to do just that. :o This a strange place we do business in.

Usually either the amphur, OBT or Thesabahn office that is reponsible for administering your area.

Where I live they have a "one stop shop" at the amphur offices where you enter, tell them what you are going to do & they will give you a list of licences they think you need, make all the applications, pay the fees & "bob's your uncle".

Trivia - You actually need a license to keep an elephant, another one to walk it on the road & another one if you plan on breeding it. :o

Soundman.

This ranks right up there with the advise given to her to pass on to me by an official in the Auditor General's dept, "do not tell the tax office of everything you make", under reporting is a big no-no where I come from and here is the number 3 auditor in their province (Issan not Chon Buri) advising to do just that. :D This a strange place we do business in.

So you have never been self-employed in the UK then? :oB):D:D:D

In the last 2 months, Iv grudgingly paid more UK tax on my small pension than I was paying annually when earning 5 times more in the UK. :D

:D

Dave(disgusted of Surin)