1st Day Thaksin Back To Th

Lakdee

Hi,

I am not big fan of Thai political news, but my wife showed me some photos on net about ex PM . She believed that it was set up view when ex PM pay respect to Thai Ground once he came back to TH.

Check and take a look on Photos.

T1 & T2 : the bodyguard open his arms not to let people walk through the ex PM. The guard must know in advance that the ex Pm gotta kneel down

T3 he made a good photos and take space of all Thai newspapers the next day..Good shot, noone was shown on the scene.

Her ideas made me smile... How about you??

post-18549-1204574416_thumb.jpg

post-18549-1204574426_thumb.jpg

post-18549-1204574435_thumb.jpg

I thought it was a touching symbol of respect for Thailand. I'm sure most of his supporters viewed it as such.

that symbol is very cheap indeed.

what about when he sold off national asset worth billions? did the supporters think that was a touching symbol of respect for Thailand too?

Agree with you that his daughter didn't know the plan , the minister ( Chalerm) didn't know in advance either, cause he still kept talking and smiling.

but his daughter, whatever her name is, is surely not aware of the plan. she looked shocked in the last photo, maybe she thought why daddy is suddenly going down to the ground.... CLASSIC!

My wife said to me that Thai news said what the Ex PM tried to do was to show his photos on News so that his supporters knew that he is still alive and in power! When he talked to reporter , he even said that he is back & who ever did wrong to him must confess!

Few days after he got back, Top Police was move to other position and also other position. This is the sign to show that he gotta make some changes and power is in his hands still??!!

His news made me interested to ask updated from my wife . So she is quite happy that I am interested on Thai stuff :o

I thought it was a touching symbol of respect for Thailand. I'm sure most of his supporters viewed it as such.

what about when he sold off national asset worth billions? did the supporters think that was a touching symbol of respect for Thailand too?

What do you expect from a man (?) who has staged managed so many publicty stunts in the past.

Remember the dropping of tonnes of paper planes on the South at a huge cost to the country. That really worked didn't it.

Camping out at the airport, surrounded by 500 police, to hasten the completion. Putting his daughter on show at KFC to show her committment to work, she lasted a few hours. Staging his own assasination attempt. His poor supporters at the airport for his arrival, obviously rent a crowd, but with professionally prepared banners in English for the international media .I could list more but I am feeling ill

Forget the ex PM, More importantly, What is his daughters name? I need to google her me thinks. dam_n she is fine

I don't know her name . What I know is she is (one of) the richest girl in TH :o. Sad I have no son and I am not single either :D :D

Forget the ex PM, More importantly, What is his daughters name? I need to google her me thinks. dam_n she is fine

I don't know her name . What I know is she is (one of) the richest girl in TH :D . Sad I have no son and I am not single either :D:D

this one, the elder one, is better...

75961861.jpg

:o

Edited by LuckyFive8888

<deleted> ???

I don't know her name . What I know is she is (one of) the richest girl in TH :D . Sad I have no son and I am not single either :D:D

this one, the elder one, is better...

75961861.jpg

:o

I reckon I got a chance, im in my mid 20's, too bad im married though.

I never paid any attention to her father so I never knew he had a daughter like that, Thaksin gets my vote (if i could vote)

<deleted> ???

Thaicom was Thaksin's own company, not a national asset. Even the generals couldn't argue with that, although they tried to pressure Singapore to give it back to them, with no luck. As far as I know, the only charge they pushed against him in relation to that story was that he didn't pay taxes on the sale.

<deleted> ???

Thaicom was Thaksin's own company, not a national asset. Even the generals couldn't argue with that, although they tried to pressure Singapore to give it back to them, with no luck. As far as I know, the only charge they pushed against him in relation to that story was that he didn't pay taxes on the sale.

What he sold to Temasek was "Shin Corporation" for 73 billion baht. This was after his AIS company got a 20 year concession from ToT (I wonder how he managed that?) and was given a monopoly on the use of the GSM 1800 frequency (I wonder how he managed that?). The rest is history.

I believe it was paper cranes, sparkles, to symbolize peace.

Planes , cranes whatever. Point is it was just a ridiculous exercise to generate Thaksins self titled "action man" image. A huge area covered in waste paper at a massive cost to the nation. A symbol of peace ? from the man who said he would come down with on insurgents with an iron hand.

I did prefer his "Poverty Dr" title .That worked well to no poor people in Thailand now.

I find it hard to comprehend the national asset argument - was it not his?

Do we want protectionist policies in place?

Where does national asset start and begin?

Plenty of other countries have mobile networks owned by oversea's companies - its usually nationalist politicians trying to score cheap political points when the issue is raised but i do see a lot o foreigners on this and other forums pointing to the national asset argument which I do find strange.

Maybe populist nationalist Thai's should consider their women a national asset and stop selling them off to foreigners?

It was a protectionist / false nationalist plot. His company, his sale. Thailand to this day does not have tax on selling shares, so if anyone thought that should change then the generals had ample chance, but obviously declined.

I for one would be happy to see Thaksin become PM again, though he's probably quite through with Thai politics and I can't blame him.

I find it hard to comprehend the national asset argument - was it not his?

Keeping the satellites are in the national interest also from a national security point of view, eg military communications.

No it isn't. They're commercial satellites for publicly offered communication services. If they were state property then the government / military would own them. They don't.

Sure, but the new owners could use it to spy or turn it off as a communications attack.

Edited by traveller5000