My neighbor took his Thai wife down to the UK Embassy in Bangkok a week back to get a holiday visa for her.

Her paperwork was in order but he was told he had to supply all his bank account statements, copies of the deeds to his UK house, a photo of the house and photos of all the rooms in the house. :o

As it's not the type of thing he carries around on him it means he has to go back to the UK, send the stuff over, then she has to fly alone to England.

I don't think he's very good at this paperwork type of thing but I questioned him closely and he assures me that's what happened.

Any suggestions?

Good question ........ its the same for ex-pats nowadays who are getting permanent residence in Thailand - you have to supply the Thai authorties with photos of the house/apartment and the rooms inside.

Can just get my head around the idea of a photo of the building or hosue - but all the rooms??? - anyone know what the reasoning is behind this?? - you could take photos of anyones interior for that matter.

My neighbor took his Thai wife down to the UK Embassy in Bangkok a week back to get a holiday visa for her.

Her paperwork was in order but he was told he had to supply all his bank account statements, copies of the deeds to his UK house, a photo of the house and photos of all the rooms in the house. :o

As it's not the type of thing he carries around on him it means he has to go back to the UK, send the stuff over, then she has to fly alone to England.

I don't think he's very good at this paperwork type of thing but I questioned him closely and he assures me that's what happened.

Any suggestions?

Sounds very over the top for a tourist visa. Are you sure he hasn't applied for a Spouse visa, I'd understand the need for more details then, but even when I sorted Mrs Toads out we didn't have any problems with just the bog standard stuff like bank statements, wage slips and proof of relationship.

The again nothing suprises me with the nosey little shites down at the Embassy.

It has to be demonstrated only to the balance of probabilities that there is sufficient accommodation available during the trip to the UK: it doesn't need to be "proven". To this end, he could submit utility bills, mortgage statements etc. Indeed, legally speaking, it should be sufficient for the declaration on the application form itself to be enough unless the visa section can show it is unlikely to be true.

Scouse.

"MaizefarmerPosted 2008-03-04 15:49:20 Good question ........ its the same for ex-pats nowadays who are getting permanent residence in Thailand - you have to supply the Thai authorties with photos of the house/apartment and the rooms inside.

Can just get my head around the idea of a photo of the building or hosue - but all the rooms??? - anyone know what the reasoning is behind this?? - you could take photos of anyones interior for that matter."

surely on the same reckoning though not only photos all the documents you supply could be false its not complicated for any one now a days to get hold of extra documents surely they must check ?

Edited by bread

What would happen if the guy hadn't got an house and they where visiting the UK but staying in Hotel's?

For a visit visa he would have to show evidence of Reservation Hotel, Guest House, Friends Accommodation, presumably.

Moss

What would happen if the guy hadn't got an house and they where visiting the UK but staying in Hotel's?

For a visit visa he would have to show evidence of Reservation Hotel, Guest House, Friends Accommodation, presumably.

Moss

Must easier doing that, than having to get all of the other info?

Moss

Must easier doing that, than having to get all of the other info?

But then you have a shortened application pack and then the Balance of Probabilities might kick in against you.

It has to be demonstrated only to the balance of probabilities that there is sufficient accommodation available during the trip to the UK:

Moss