Getting A Chinese Visa In Bangkok

loller

Someone told me that Kao San is the best place to pick up a visa and that it should take 2 days at most. So when I get to Bangkok on the 12th, I want to start the process ASAP. At this point, I know I can pay 1500 HKD for a visa in HK that lasts for 6 months but is basically worthless as I will have to leave every 30 days because I'm American. So I want to locate a place in Bangkok that has a website, a phone number, anything with any information that can tell me that there's a general 30 day visa I can obtain for less than 1500 HKD. That's a lot of freaking money.

Can anyone pleeaaaasssseeeeeee tell me something about this? The name of a place. A website. A rough figure. That I shouldn't worry about finding a price lower than that. If I can avoid HK all-together, then I'll be happy.

Thanks in advance.

Someone told me that Kao San is the best place to pick up a visa and that it should take 2 days at most. So when I get to Bangkok on the 12th, I want to start the process ASAP. At this point, I know I can pay 1500 HKD for a visa in HK that lasts for 6 months but is basically worthless as I will have to leave every 30 days because I'm American. So I want to locate a place in Bangkok that has a website, a phone number, anything with any information that can tell me that there's a general 30 day visa I can obtain for less than 1500 HKD. That's a lot of freaking money.

Can anyone pleeaaaasssseeeeeee tell me something about this? The name of a place. A website. A rough figure. That I shouldn't worry about finding a price lower than that. If I can avoid HK all-together, then I'll be happy.

Thanks in advance.

I just got a Chinese visa in HK last week. Double entry, 30 days each for over 1400HKD. The web site of China Travel Service quotes about 1000HKD less but I went to two of their offices and was told the same thing. When I said the website said something different they said don't pay attention to the website. I asked how about a single entry and they told me it was the same price.

Look around their website and you might find some info about getting the visa while abroad.

http://www.ctshk.com/english/useful/chinesevisa.htm

Here's their address in Thailand:

China Travel Service (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

Address559 Yaowaraj Road, Sampuntawong, Bangkok, 10100, Thailand.Tel(66-2) 2260041, 2264701-11, (66-2) 2227243Tel(66-2) 2264712, 2264713Email[email protected] or [email protected]

Edited by koheesti

You found ThaiVisa, so why not just google "chinese embassy bangkok".

Then you will get this info.

Visa Types Thai Citizens American Citizens Citizens of Other Countries

Single-Entry Visa 30day THP 1,000 THP 3,450 THP 1,100

Double-Entry Visa THP 2,000 THP 3,450 THP 1,650

Multi-Entry Visa with 6-month Validity THP 3,000 THP 3,450 THP 2,200

Multi-Entry Visa with 12-month Validity THP 4,500 THP 3,450 THP 3,300

Wow, they do have it in for Americans ! and don't like giving Thai's long term visas.

THP = Baht

Visa available in 4 working days, for fast service see extra cost below.

1 working day processing THP 1,200

2-3 working days processing THP 800

Naka.

Edited by naka

You maybe should be more clear about what you want then people can help

Seems clear to me, unless his post has been edited :o

He is American, wants a Chinese visa, coming to BKK on the 12th, wants a website that shows fees, thinks 1500HK is too much.

Luckily he has found the answers.

IMO, old hands should not jump down on newbies unless they are trolls.

You found ThaiVisa, so why not just google "chinese embassy bangkok".

Then you will get this info.

Visa Types Thai Citizens American Citizens Citizens of Other Countries

Single-Entry Visa 30day THP 1,000 THP 3,450 THP 1,100

Double-Entry Visa THP 2,000 THP 3,450 THP 1,650

Multi-Entry Visa with 6-month Validity THP 3,000 THP 3,450 THP 2,200

Multi-Entry Visa with 12-month Validity THP 4,500 THP 3,450 THP 3,300

Wow, they do have it in for Americans ! and don't like giving Thai's long term visas.

THP = Baht

Visa available in 4 working days, for fast service see extra cost below.

1 working day processing THP 1,200

2-3 working days processing THP 800

Naka.

It is payback time :o

Seems clear to me, unless his post has been edited :o

He is American, wants a Chinese visa, coming to BKK on the 12th, wants a website that shows fees, thinks 1500HK is too much.

Exactly what i was thinking Harry, strange how some people sit behind a Computer yet feel the need that they can be so obnoxious to others who are merely asking for advice, when i very much doubt they'd do it in person, face to face..

Anyway, i've never had a problem obtaining a Chinese Visa in my British Passport, i go the the Embassy in person, it is on teh Asok Road i believe & next door to a Shopping Complex that has a small Tesco Lotus in it..

Drop it in in the morning of day one, pick it up in the afternoon of day two, simple..

I recall seeing that page a few weeks ago but didn't trust how accurate the figures were because they change so often. That's roughly 800 RMB/HKD, which is significantly cheaper. I just hope it's accurate because I'll be pretty screwed if they up the prices.

I picked up a double entry tourist visa at the embassy in Bkk last September without any drama. I paid the extra for super dooper fast service and was all done in about 4 hours. I forget how much it cost but I remember my underpants were quite soiled upon payment.

Note: The visa section is accross the road from the actual embassy and English does not seem to be spoken so be sure you know what you want before applying.

I recall seeing that page a few weeks ago but didn't trust how accurate the figures were because they change so often. That's roughly 800 RMB/HKD, which is significantly cheaper. I just hope it's accurate because I'll be pretty screwed if they up the prices.

I normally pay around 60/70 USD if my memory serves me right.

When they see Americans walk in they probably chuckle to themselves and clutch their hands maniacally. I guess I'll check it out in HK and see if I can get any better deals, which isn't likely. Then go to Bangkok, find this embassy, and start the process. I should probably call that number to make sure of the prices....

Seems clear to me, unless his post has been edited :D

Exactly what i was thinking Harry, strange how some people sit behind a Computer yet feel the need that they can be so obnoxious to others who are merely asking for advice, when i very much doubt they'd do it in person, face to face..

Anyway, i've never had a problem obtaining a Chinese Visa in my British Passport, i go the the Embassy in person, it is on teh Asok Road i believe & next door to a Shopping Complex that has a small Tesco Lotus in it..

Drop it in in the morning of day one, pick it up in the afternoon of day two, simple..

Hey you two get a life, I found the OP quite confusing and POLITELY asked if he could explain and you accuse me of 'jumping on people' and being 'obnoxious' - you obviously don't know me it was a perfectly polite and innocent question :o

Hey you two get a life, I found the OP quite confusing and POLITELY asked if he could explain and you accuse me of 'jumping on people' and being 'obnoxious' - you obviously don't know me it was a perfectly polite and innocent question :o

C"mon people It was a confusing post and asking for clarity is hardly "obnoxious"

C"mon people It was a confusing post and asking for clarity is hardly "obnoxious"

If you found the OP too confusing to understand then I give up.

Harry I didn't say it was too confusing to "understand" just confusing. Did you ever read a book and have to read a page twice? get my drift? whos being obnoxious now.. :o

It gets worse!

nevermind move on.

I agree with Seonai you need to get a life :D .

Unsubsribed and moved on

I want a visa.

In Thailand.

A Chinese visa.

You live in Thailand.

Or are affiliated in some way with it.

I asked for details.

Details about prices, locations, names.

In Bangkok.

Thailand.

Chinese visa.

Hardly being polite there are you ???

Obviously i don't, thankfully.. :D

& for the record, you didn't actually ask a question.

They do have a telephone number listed. And no, I'm not responsible for erroneous information

posted on the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok website. I'm just someone who was trying to help you :o

Naka.

They do have a telephone number listed. And no, I'm not responsible for erroneous information

posted on the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok website. I'm just someone who was trying to help you :o

Naka.

I wasn't claiming otherwise, just speaking out loud. (via keyboard)

. I guess I'll check it out in HK and see if I can get any better deals, which isn't likely.

I wrote above what I went through in HK. Now that I see Americans pay more I seem to remember in HK them saying something about Americans when they told me not to pay attention to the website. I had to wait until about 18:00 to pick it up. The person at the desk said something about 10:30 being the cut off point for the super fast service. I got there at 10:45 but I figured 10:30 was the time the guy with the passports hopped on the ferry so that's just how it goes.

Here's a copy of the receipt showing I paid 1470HK$...

china_visa_receipt.jpg

I got a 6 month multi entry visa for China in BKK for about $100usd. If you plan on being in HK for a while, just get this visa and head over to the border by train to get a fresh 30(?) days in HK. The HK visa is free.

BTW, I got my visa in one day. Dropped off the forms in the morning, picked up in the afternoon... for an extra fee. The guy working the reception/info desk there was clearly trying to offer his services in submitting the application, though a tip was never mentioned, by basically not telling me what the normal procedure was. After a quick look around, I felt I could manage to stand in line for a few minutes, which caused his very friendly and helpful attitude suddenly change.

I'm flying back to Shenzhen as opposed to HK because it's significantly cheaper. So I will need to have a visa to leave the airport. I'll head over to that Khao San road area whatchamacallit and check out the embassy. Are you American? So you went to the embassy and didn't bother with a service place?

Yes, I'm American. What does a "service place" offer that can't be done in the embassy? I live very close to embassy, and very far from khao san rd, but if your situation is reveresed it may make sense to get serviced. :o

I was originally planning on doing the same as you, flying into Shenzhen on AirAsia, but realized that the flight gets in too late to get any convenient and affordable transportation into HK. Emirates on the other hand had very cheap flights into HK, so I went that route.