Bars On Samui, Preferably Lamai.

its a long time since i've been there and am wondering whic bars are best. i liked kiwi and shamrock in lamai. dont know too much about chaweng as idont like the athmosphere. too many backpacker trying to find themselves :o

cheers

UTV, SOTC

its a long time since i've been there and am wondering whic bars are best. i liked kiwi and shamrock in lamai.

kiwi pub has closed down. think the guy was heading back to NZ or Oz with his missus. not a bad little bar and he was a decent bloke too.

shamrock is still open. it's ok but not really my scene.

billabong has closed down too.

you can find a bunch of new bars at the end of the new walking street but they were empty the one + only time I looked.

tbh, I prefer chaweng for a session but lamai is good for a quiet one.

A great little place in Lamai is Chillin Bar ont eh beach, just follow the road beside McDonalds down to the beach, park there and walk to the left toward coconut resort. Its a nice little cozy place, friendly staff, good cocktails, Pool table and good chill out music. Enjoy it.

A great little place in Lamai is Chillin Bar ont eh beach, just follow the road beside McDonalds down to the beach, park there and walk to the left toward coconut resort. Its a nice little cozy place, friendly staff, good cocktails, Pool table and good chill out music. Enjoy it.

Also be prepared to wait for over an hour, if in fact they remember at all, your Sandwich.

how busy are the bars and clubs this time of year?

will be flying out in 4 days time and was wondering if there were plenty of people about on samui.

have been to samui in early november before and the place was pretty quiet,so quiet in fact that i never even went into soi green mango as it was empty all nights i was in chaweng.same can be said of bauhaus in lamai,had a foam party 1 night with about 5 people inside.on the flip side i have been on samui over xmas and new year and the whole island was full to bursting point.

how busy are the bars and clubs this time of year?

will be flying out in 4 days time and was wondering if there were plenty of people about on samui.

have been to samui in early november before and the place was pretty quiet,so quiet in fact that i never even went into soi green mango as it was empty all nights i was in chaweng.same can be said of bauhaus in lamai,had a foam party 1 night with about 5 people inside.on the flip side i have been on samui over xmas and new year and the whole island was full to bursting point.

Don't know about Cheweng, but Lamai is very quiet. I think the busy season never happened this time.

"Churchills" is about the nearest you'll find to an English pub, now that the "Rising Sun" was demolished. Churchills has Heineken and Strongbow on draught, the music is good and not too loud, there is a pool table and a good food selection.

cheers eric.

so where abouts is churchills then as i havent seen or heard of it before but will give it a try.

i know this might be a silly question to some but do they have decent bacon?lol

used to goto rising sun for there blt baguette in the mornings but will have to find somewhere new this time.

cheers eric.

so where abouts is churchills then as i havent seen or heard of it before but will give it a try.

i know this might be a silly question to some but do they have decent bacon?lol

used to goto rising sun for there blt baguette in the mornings but will have to find somewhere new this time.

Churchills is nearer the south (Nathon) end of Lamai, you should'nt have trouble finding it. They do breakfast, bacon ok. Also for a change, you can get a good breakfast in the 'continental bakery' which is at the other end of Lamai, just before the 'town' road rejoins the ring road. :o

• 2 weeks later...
its a long time since i've been there and am wondering whic bars are best. i liked kiwi and shamrock in lamai. dont know too much about chaweng as idont like the athmosphere. too many backpacker trying to find themselves :o

cheers

UTV, SOTC

try tones bar in lamai, now i aint bin, but a lot of em come to pattaya on there way in an out of thailand, great bunch of huddersfield lads good laugh so bar sounds good, if ya get in say hi from chris pattaya!

Sorry to hear that your vodka was a bit off priced, in general , htey are a bit more pricy then the others, as due to their location the rent they have to pay everyy month is much higher then most other bars in Lamai, the location is great, its a nice place to hang out in the day time, and lots of people during the day. In the evening it is quieter...some people like it that way....

Try another drink for another price.

Eden Bar is a good enough Bar to people watch & play some Pool. The Big Bald Guy that used to be the Owner in it seems to have dissapeared though lately, anyone know where he is, he was friendly enough & seem to have a good rapport with the Customers ??

Edited by MSingh