Security Screens, Windows & Doors. Burirum.

kiwijack

Can anyone please assist with a recommendation of a contractor to supply & fit window & door security ( & insect ) screens for a house in Burirum ( city ) area. An indication of cost ( say per square meter ) would also be appreciated. Many thanks.

Take your time, and think of cleaning etc; I have just had my security screens taken down, as there was no way that you could clean the windows without scratching and bruising your arms and hands ...... they were set about 3 ins from the glass.

My own fault for letting 'er indoors pick the "pretty" ones instead of the sensible ones !

Take your time, and think of cleaning etc; I have just had my security screens taken down, as there was no way that you could clean the windows without scratching and bruising your arms and hands ...... they were set about 3 ins from the glass.

My own fault for letting 'er indoors pick the "pretty" ones instead of the sensible ones !

Agree. Make them as simple as you can.

If getting them made, make them the spanish style, come out about 12 inches at bottom curved , then get the blacksmith to fit a secret hinge at the bottom, security bolt at either side lockable via an allen key, at top, which you can undo by opening the window, then the shutter should fold down for cleaning, with a jet of water, hose or power washer, this is what i am going to get made for my house, only downstairs rooms.

You should not have a problem getting these, any blacksmith that makes railings will come and measure up and show you designs.

There is a company in Chiang Mai who makes stainless steel security mosquito screens. Apparently they are big in Australia. In Bangkok I think they are represented by Duro Windows but I am not sure.